Sizing Up the AFC East divisional opponents - 2011

Nothing about acquiring an NFL caliber QB?

I don't think I've seen that bad of QBing your way to an NFL victory since Eli Manning had the worst game winning drive in the history of the NFL. And Sanchize did it twice!

I don't think I've seen that bad of QBing your way to an NFL victory since Eli Manning had the worst game winning drive in the history of the NFL. And Sanchize did it twice!

Yes he did. FO has the Sanchize as the WORST Qb under pressure in the league. I wish we could pressure that newb more...........:(. He makes me want to throw up. Literally.

Greg Cosell on the Dolphins and Henne and what to do about him. Greg is pretty knowledgeable; he's been exec. producer of NFL films for 30 years so he's seen and learned a lot. Worth reading.

As for Henne, the No. 1 topic of conversation this offseason in South Florida, Cosell said he is “very disappointed” in his progress.

“Because I liked him coming out,” Cosell said. “Two years ago, he looked like he might become a pretty good player. He can make every throw. He’s got a big arm. (Mark) Sanchez doesn’t have that kind of arm. He’s just had some major issues with accuracy.”
Henne’s 61.4 completion percentage was good enough for 16th best in the league, but he completed just 10-of-40 passes over 20 yards (25 percent), ranking him 30th among 31 quarterbacks last year.
But Henne’s problem isn’t just accuracy.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...ffense-chad-henne-mike-pouncey-carson-palmer/

And this article shows a slew of QBs available but none seem to be a great fit to replace Henne.
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thed...n-quarterbacks-make-sense-for-miami-dolphins/

Michael Holley was a bigtime detractor of Henne from the start, and looks Nostradamus-esque with how well he predicted the issues Henne would face.

If everything else he's said proves as precient then Miami needs to move on and fast.

Yes he did. FO has the Sanchize as the WORST Qb under pressure in the league. I wish we could pressure that newb more...........:(. He makes me want to throw up. Literally.

All the more baffling as to why BB puts what seems like a legit lack of emphasis on pressuring QB's.

Especially considering the Jests remain our biggest threat to the AFC East, if not the AFC birth to the SB.

Dolphins are a disaster and the Bills have the feel of an expansion team. The Patriots should roll again in the AFCE and the Jets should push them a bit, but they have so many holes (assuming they lose Edwards, Cromartie, etc) to stick with them.

All the more baffling as to why BB puts what seems like a legit lack of emphasis on pressuring QB's.

Especially considering the Jests remain our biggest threat to the AFC East, if not the AFC birth to the SB.

I'm not sure there is a lack of emphasis, just a different approach.

I thought I was the only one who was this high on Fletcher, but take a look at these articles:

http://www.patspulpit.com/2011/2/24/2011928/the-dane-fletcher-experience

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...where-does-dane-fletcher-fit-into-the-defense

I'm not sure he's going to move to OLB, but I still see him as a core piece of rebuilding the LB puzzle NE had in 2003-2004.

Those teams didn't get after the QB with reckless abandon, they relied on teamwork and confusion. Since all their LBs were solid enough in coverage and in pass rushing, the OL had a hard time setting up protection. The safeties were exemplary, giving a pass rush threat from them, as well as solid coverage in the secondary. Team defense isn't just a saying, it is the essence of how BB approaches it.

Taking a look at the three Jet games, NE actually got solid pressure on Sanchez the first time around, sacking him three times and getting in his face other times. The problem was the ILBs were consistently out of position and it doesn't take very long at all to just throw it to whomever is being covered by Butler.

Just a couple plays before the long pass to Keller that turned things in NY's favor, Gerard Warren put a shot into Mark that I thought had broken a couple ribs. My confidence level was sky high. But pressure doesn't matter when guys are uncovered.

Fast forward to the 2nd game, and NE really didn't get very close to Sanchez. This time their coverage was a lot better, especially on those sideline outs NY likes to run. But he looked terrible.

Then in the final game the whole thing fell apart. But I still maintain that coverage was a much bigger problem than the pass rush. I'm not sure if NY adjusted their routes, but every play guys were coming wide open. And I mean sand-lot wide open, not NFL wide open where the guy isn't even open when the ball is thrown.

With better coverage in the secondary and ILBs, as well as more cohesive and multi-faceted LB unit, you'll be surprised at how much better the pass rush is.

Of course, this lockout is putting a damper on the LB part, so it might not be until 2012 that the picture finally materializes.

Bart Scott says the Jets are 'a joke if we don't win the SB".

Jets linebacker Bart Scott is thrilled that his coach, Rex Ryan, has boldly stated that they’ll win the Super Bowl.
But he also knows what everyone will say about the Jets if they fall short.
“I think it’s about time we get it done and see this thing through because, after a while, people are going to start looking at it as a joke,” Scott told ESPN’s Sal Paolantonio.
Scott is right about that: The Jets’ brash talking is fun, but if they keep talking and keep falling short of the Super Bowl, we’ll all be laughing at them, not with them.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/20/bart-scott-if-jets-dont-win-super-bowl-were-a-joke/

Either way they're a joke to me.

There is no way in hell that team can win the superbowl.

Sorry, aint happenin'.

Scott got it half right. The Jets could win the SB (which they won't) and still be a joke.

You're right. Watching him throw strikes to receivers when the game was on the line, (Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Indy, NE) Were almost too bad to watch. :doh:

Is it him or the fact that as "Bad" as he is, you guys have a real hard time beating him?

You're right. Watching him throw strikes to receivers when the game was on the line, (Houston, Detroit, Cleveland, Indy, NE) Were almost too bad to watch. :doh:

I was only talking about the playoff games, though I can see why that wasn't clear. He was genuinely the worst player to set foot on the field against Indy and singlehandedly kept the Jets off the board on about 3-4 drives against NE.

To you larger point, the guy does seem to have moxie, but when you still haven't hit 55% completion with only a 6.5 ypa average, I don't think you can refer to his game as "throwing strikes". :coffee:

I know there are banners raised for winning the division, conference championship and SB, but what is hoisted for finishing 2nd in the division and 2nd in the conference championship?:huh:

Back