Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

It is odd but I remember reading somewhere he does that because of a back issue that makes it painful for him to lean in like normal FWIW.
I think it started that way but is now in his head. One doctor claims he is tiring himself out doing it.

But the guy is working as Lucky the Leprechaun during Celtics games.

Red Sox Rumors: Braves downplay interest in free agent Craig Kimbrel
by Sean Penney 5 hours ago Follow @spenney83

The Atlanta Braves downplayed their interest in free agent closer Crai Kimbrel, strengthening the case that he’ll return to the Boston Red Sox.
The Boston Red Sox continue to insist that they can’t afford Craig Kimbrel. Apparently, neither can anyway else, as other suitors haven’t exactly been knocking down the door for the top free agent reliever.

The Atlanta Braves are the latest team to downplay their interest in Kimbrel. While praising the undeniable talent of the flame-throwing right-hander, GM Alex Anthopoulos admitted on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM that the financial commitment it would take to sign Kimbrel doesn’t fit their budget.

MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM

@MLBNetworkRadio
Doesn't sound like the #Braves are going to give Craig Kimbrel a monster deal, according to Alex Anthopoulos.

“He makes everybody a lot better,” said Anthopoulos of Kimbrel. “He’s one of the best closers of all time. I did come out early in the offseason and, not speaking specifically about him, but [said] our payroll, our model, I don’t know that us spending big, elite dollars on a reliever — length, the term and all that — I don’t know that that model works for us.”

Payroll concerns aside, Kimbrel would be a perfect fit in Atlanta. They have a young contending team built to last for several years. The Braves have a solid bullpen but have never really seemed sold on Arodys Vizcaino as a permanent solution at the closer position. They’ve toyed with him in that role for years yet he’s never locked up the gig for a full season and has dealt with injuries limiting him to fewer than 40 innings in three of his four years with the Braves.

Anthopoulos mentioned that he was “hopeful” A.J. Minter would take another step but that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement. They certainly like his talent but will probably stick with Vizcaino until Minter grabs the torch.

Kimbrel would provide a much more reliable option while they wait for Minter to emerge. He would presumably find comfort back in Atlanta, where he spent the first five years of his career. Kimbrel posted a ridiculous 1.43 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, and 14.8 K/9 during his tenure with the Braves, earning Rookie of the Year honors and finishing top-9 on the Cy Young ballot four times.

Free Agency Rumors: Red Sox Looking For Bullpen Bargains
Red Sox Rumors: Chris Sale Open To An Extension Before Opening Day
Red Sox Rumors: Free Agent Closer Options Down To Craig Kimbrel Or Bust
Boston Red Sox Free Agent Target: Infielder Logan Forsythe
Red Sox Rumors: Dave Dombrowski Denies Interest In Free Agent Craig Kimbrel
Anthopoulos’s comments have a similar ring to what we’ve been hearing from Dave Dombrowski. Love the player, not the price tag. The Red Sox are rumored to be waiting out the market for Kimbrel, expecting the price to drop. Could Anthopoulos be playing the same game? Maybe, although Atlanta doesn’t have the financial freedom that Boston has. They also have other holes to address, while the Red Sox are set essentially everywhere except the closer role.

deed out on Kimbrel then where else could he end up? The Philadelphia Phillies are eager to spend but their focus has been on the big fish – Bryce Harper and Manny Machado. They’re unlikely to make a move for Kimbrel until they see what happens with those superstar hitters.

There are a few other potential suitors for Kimbrel but most are longshots or clubs that have shown only lukewarm interest. The Phillies and Braves are Boston’s primary competition in a race where no team seems eager to cross the finish line and at least one of those suitors may have dropped out.

98.5 The Sports Hub
4 hrs ·
The National League could soon have a DH and baseball might have a pitch clock in 2019. Is this good or bad for the sport?

Red Sox Rumors: Braves downplay interest in free agent Craig Kimbrel
by Sean Penney 5 hours ago Follow @spenney83

The Atlanta Braves downplayed their interest in free agent closer Crai Kimbrel, strengthening the case that he’ll return to the Boston Red Sox.
The Boston Red Sox continue to insist that they can’t afford Craig Kimbrel. Apparently, neither can anyway else, as other suitors haven’t exactly been knocking down the door for the top free agent reliever.

The Atlanta Braves are the latest team to downplay their interest in Kimbrel. While praising the undeniable talent of the flame-throwing right-hander, GM Alex Anthopoulos admitted on MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM that the financial commitment it would take to sign Kimbrel doesn’t fit their budget.

MLB Network Radio on SiriusXM

@MLBNetworkRadio
Doesn't sound like the #Braves are going to give Craig Kimbrel a monster deal, according to Alex Anthopoulos.

“He makes everybody a lot better,” said Anthopoulos of Kimbrel. “He’s one of the best closers of all time. I did come out early in the offseason and, not speaking specifically about him, but [said] our payroll, our model, I don’t know that us spending big, elite dollars on a reliever — length, the term and all that — I don’t know that that model works for us.”

Payroll concerns aside, Kimbrel would be a perfect fit in Atlanta. They have a young contending team built to last for several years. The Braves have a solid bullpen but have never really seemed sold on Arodys Vizcaino as a permanent solution at the closer position. They’ve toyed with him in that role for years yet he’s never locked up the gig for a full season and has dealt with injuries limiting him to fewer than 40 innings in three of his four years with the Braves.

Anthopoulos mentioned that he was “hopeful” A.J. Minter would take another step but that’s not exactly a ringing endorsement. They certainly like his talent but will probably stick with Vizcaino until Minter grabs the torch.

Kimbrel would provide a much more reliable option while they wait for Minter to emerge. He would presumably find comfort back in Atlanta, where he spent the first five years of his career. Kimbrel posted a ridiculous 1.43 ERA, 0.90 WHIP, and 14.8 K/9 during his tenure with the Braves, earning Rookie of the Year honors and finishing top-9 on the Cy Young ballot four times.

Free Agency Rumors: Red Sox Looking For Bullpen Bargains
Red Sox Rumors: Chris Sale Open To An Extension Before Opening Day
Red Sox Rumors: Free Agent Closer Options Down To Craig Kimbrel Or Bust
Boston Red Sox Free Agent Target: Infielder Logan Forsythe
Red Sox Rumors: Dave Dombrowski Denies Interest In Free Agent Craig Kimbrel
Anthopoulos’s comments have a similar ring to what we’ve been hearing from Dave Dombrowski. Love the player, not the price tag. The Red Sox are rumored to be waiting out the market for Kimbrel, expecting the price to drop. Could Anthopoulos be playing the same game? Maybe, although Atlanta doesn’t have the financial freedom that Boston has. They also have other holes to address, while the Red Sox are set essentially everywhere except the closer role.

deed out on Kimbrel then where else could he end up? The Philadelphia Phillies are eager to spend but their focus has been on the big fish – Bryce Harper and Manny Machado. They’re unlikely to make a move for Kimbrel until they see what happens with those superstar hitters.

There are a few other potential suitors for Kimbrel but most are longshots or clubs that have shown only lukewarm interest. The Phillies and Braves are Boston’s primary competition in a race where no team seems eager to cross the finish line and at least one of those suitors may have dropped out.

Phillies and Braves I totally could see going after Kimbrel. Cubs I guess I could too..... But Philly was so close to making playoffs this season, and I don't know how many games they blew in the final inning because their closer (if they have a closer) sucks. Braves had a fantastic season, they are a few pieces away from building a team to go to the World Series in my opinion. I have really been going back and forth on the Talksox forum whether I would be happy if Kimbrel stayed. I do think he is a good player, just not overly in high pressure situations. For the right price I would definitely keep him. But he seems to think he is worth a lot (and I guess if you look at his numbers, he has an argument) so if he gets that kind of money from a team like the Cubs, Braves, Phillies then good for him.

NBC Sports
1 hr ·
Rob Manfred has announced that there will be no DH in the National League until at least 2022.

51548735_2719144728114762_3104372618900275200_n.png

Personally, I'm entertained by good pitchers who can also swing the bat from time to time, like MadBum.

One of my favorite parts of the game is watching Mad Max at the plate. Dude is a baseball player who's position happens to be pitcher. Both of those guys aside, Pretty Ricky might be the best hitting pitcher in the game. CC was a great hitter when he was young, one of the reasons it took him so long to initially sign with the Yankees is that he was hoping an NL team would step up so that he could keep hitting when he pitched.

Yankees just offered Machado 7 years 217 million

Seems a little light, honestly. I think he can get more than that.

no. I can make a list of at least 8-10 guys off the top of my head that I would rather have on my roster than Johnny Hustle. Machado is a punk with a bad attitude. There were no tears shed in Baltimore when he left. Not one of his teammates stepped up to say that he would be missed. If he ends up in pinstripes he will become a full-on cancer. The fans will hate him...please God let this happen.

MLB Network documentary on Alex Cora tonight at 9:00 pm.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

Back