Steelers Trade Holmes to J-E-T-S

Brady's Bunch

Let me get right on that with thinking
Reaction score
...for a 5th round pick. Just saw it on ESPN. Sorry if it's already been posted but I didn't see it anywhere.

Meh? Holmes was the Steelers best reciever, and for a 5th rounder?! I'd say he looks pretty good right along side braylen edwards

The Jets continue to make noise...the Pats continue to sit on the sidelines....

Not feeling too confident in the team so far this offseason...

Though it might be a blessing in disguise...maybe they'll have an off year and some of the bandwagoners will fall off...resulting in me being able to get tickets....

the hell for a 5th rounder? Holmes may be a malcontent but he's a damn good receiver and with edwards and cotchery the jests currently have a better receiving core than we do with welker out.

the hell for a 5th rounder? Holmes may be a malcontent but he's a damn good receiver and with edwards and cotchery the jests currently have a better receiving core than we do with welker out.

Let me restate. The guy has talent. I am not sure how well he handles sight adjustments, because Roughstheburger is always scrambling, and many routes become come backs or square outs.

But he is the exact poison that the Pats are purging themselves of. And its the exact reason he was traded away on the cheap.

I'll pass.

Let me restate. The guy has talent. I am not sure how well he handles sight adjustments, because Roughstheburger is always scrambling, and many routes become come backs or square outs.

But he is the exact poison that the Pats are purging themselves of. And its the exact reason he was traded away on the cheap.

I'll pass.

True i guess it's just frustrating to see the jestst making moves attempting to improve their team where as ours is still relatively the same team as last year with the same deficiencies as last year and very little has been done so far to fix those. I guess we have the draft....

The Jests are makin all kinds of noise in FA, but this one...meh.

Meh? We're talking about a guy who caught 79 passes last year for 1248 yards and 5 TDs. I'm not sure what the Steelers were thinking on this one...I know Holmes has some off-the-field issues, but trading your best WR for a 5th rounder? Has the Steelers brass been hitting the crack pipe or something?

True i guess it's just frustrating to see the jestst making moves attempting to improve their team where as ours is still relatively the same team as last year with the same deficiencies as last year and very little has been done so far to fix those. I guess we have the draft....

The Jests added. True. But the people they took have serious personality flaws and can nuke a locker room. If, and I do mean IF the Pats outright release AdT, expect him in a Jets uni. First problem that arises, these pirana will turn and devour eachother in a heart beat. How many "talented" people has BB kicked to the curb for just such reasons?

And this team isn't as bad as some think. The D line needs help. Badly. LB is another point of weakness. However, the team may have those pieces potentially in place. We will be fine at WR. But I would not be surprised if one was drafted with one of the second rounders. (I personally hope not).

I recall reading that Pioli had a sign in his office that said "we are building a team, not collecting talent."

The Jets appear to be in full-on talent collection mode. I trust that Belichick and company are concentrating on something more important.

ROFL Sexy Rexy

I recall reading that Pioli had a sign in his office that said "we are building a team, not collecting talent."

The Jets appear to be in full-on talent collection mode. I trust that Belichick and company are concentrating on something more important.

The Jests are in full Snyder mode!

Great move for the Jets if the guy can clean up his act. That being said, this guy appears to be a long way from Pac Man Jones territory when it comes to being a problem. And he did make a great catch in the end zone to help win his team a SB. If I'm a Steeler fan right now, probably not too excited about this deal.

For a 5th rounder? Does Rex have naked pictures of the Rooney family or something? Did he break his leg and I missed it? Is there another Santonio Holmes? :banghead:

The Jets continue to make noise...the Pats continue to sit on the sidelines....

Not feeling too confident in the team so far this offseason...

Though it might be a blessing in disguise...maybe they'll have an off year and some of the bandwagoners will fall off...resulting in me being able to get tickets....

There is so much goofy with this post, I do not know where to start. The stadium has sold out since 1994, the team has had bad seasons since then, it still fills up. At least put a happy face or something so we do not think you are serious.

For a 5th round pick?

The Pats should have traded a 5th and a 6th.

He was the superbowl MVP, and not exactly a bad player. :coffee:

Back