Steelers vs Patriots - AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - Sun 6:40pm ET

MontanaBrady

Reaction score
GOAT vs Big Rape

:patriotlogo:

-Discuss

uploads%2F20150910T2215Z_ea7baec588a9cbc1c068aa200c865a5f%2F2015-Steelers-Patriots-jpg.jpg

604px-Afc_championship_logo.svg.png

Looking forward to the game, here's hoping that the Patriots play far better than they did vs Houston.

An old foe, and one that we played earlier in the season, albeit when they were lacking The Ben, because he was too busy being a 'Warrior'. They still had Brown and Bell in that game, though and the Patriots managed to keep them both relatively quiet.

This will be a far better game for the offence, but it's going to be a closer game in the end than vs Houston, because as much as we may satirise him, The Ben is a far better QB than Brock Osweiller.

Looking forward to the game, here's hoping that the Patriots play far better than they did vs Houston.

An old foe, and one that we played earlier in the season, albeit when they were lacking The Ben, because he was too busy being a 'Warrior'. They still had Brown and Bell in that game, though and the Patriots managed to keep them both relatively quiet.

This will be a far better game for the offence, but it's going to be a closer game in the end than vs Houston, because as much as we may satirise him, The Ben is a far better QB than Brock Osweiller.

That's what scares me. If the Pats come out flat again, it's all over. I'm confident we can take it, but only if we show up on fire.

God, the last team I want to see in the SB is the Steelers. :suicide:

Optimistic

Three of the winning division level teams put up scores in the mid 30s. Pittsburg put up 18, all on field goals. Yes, the Patriots didn't look their best Saturday, and have to show up next week, but so does Pittsburg. They have to do far better against the Patriot's D than they did against the Chiefs, or they have a problem.

That's what scares me. If the Pats come out flat again, it's all over. I'm confident we can take it, but only if we show up on fire.

God, the last team I want to see in the SB is the Steelers. :suicide:

What did you see in yesterday's kc-Pitt game that scares you? I didn't see much.

What did you see in yesterday's kc-Pitt game that scares you? I didn't see much.

I saw a game coached by 2 OK coaches.
I saw 6 FGs by the Steelers and 0 TDs.
I saw 2 TDs and 1 FG by the Chiefs.
I saw a holding call on the 2 point conversion against KC.
I saw Andy Reid going all Donovan McNabb in the last 6 minutes of the game.

I know TB/Belichick own the Steelers especially at Gillette.
Nothing from the Steelers scares me.
Let's just hope Corrente's crew isn't calling a game the rest of the way for us.
What scares me? Nothing other than the usual injuries and badly called games. I'm good.

Tbh. Nothing. I saw KC choke. I do think they score a TD on us. Here's the thing. TFB is mad at himself for playing horrible Saturday. I think we might be seeing a team firing on all cylinders. It's the defense that has been consistent and we need them again one last time

And the locker room trash talking has begun from Pitt. Raise your hand if you've seen the before. :coffee:

"When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let's say very little moving forward. Let's start our preparations. We just spotted these a--h---- a day and a half. They played yesterday. Our game got moved to tonight. We're going to touch down at 4 o'clock in the f---ing morning. So be it," Tomlin said in the video. "We'll be ready for their a--. But you ain't got to tell them we're coming.
"Keep a low profile, and let's get ready to ball like this up again here in a few days and be right back at it. That's our story."
After Tomlin spoke, a few other voices could be heard.
"Keep cool on social media. This is about us, nobody else, man," one said.
"It's a lion's den we're going into this week," said another player of the Patriots' home field, Gillette Stadium. "Keep your mouth shut, and let's play Steeler football."

The video had over 900,000 views just a few hours after it aired.

BTW, I think Tomlin just told the assholes that they're coming. :rimshot:

ROFL

It's what I saw in the Pats when they were playing Houston. The Steelers are better than Houston, and if the Pats show up flat again..... it makes me worry.

Then again, if the Pats now have that fire lit under their ass (which I actually believe they do, now it just comes down to mistakes) I think they'll end up taking it.

Perhaps a big part of the reason they did so badly against the Texans is because of ALL the talk of how they were guaranteed to win and it was a foregone conclusion they would be going to the Super Bowl, etc. I don't care how much you tell yourself your opponent is dangerous. If you don't genuinely feel it or believe it, it wont matter. The idea that the Texans had no chance got to the Pats and caused them to come in over confident. It was actually just what they needed in order to fire them up and bring them back to reality for the next game. So again, it all comes down to mistakes. I think their head will be right for the Steelers.

I should have added:

I saw James Harrison "flop" and Carl Cheffers', the head ref, fell for it & called the hold on KC which saved the game for Pittsburgh.

Cheffers is currently the favorite to head the SB officiating crew according to Football Zebras.

Here is Cheffers ROFL

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tk1dHrit5ZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I saw a game coached by 2 OK coaches.
I saw 6 FGs by the Steelers and 0 TDs.
I saw 2 TDs and 1 FG by the Chiefs.
I saw a holding call on the 2 point conversion against KC.
I saw Andy Reid going all Donovan McNabb in the last 6 minutes of the game.

I know TB/Belichick own the Steelers especially at Gillette.
Nothing from the Steelers scares me.
Let's just hope Corrente's crew isn't calling a game the rest of the way for us.
What scares me? Nothing other than the usual injuries and badly called games. I'm good.

THIS

Last night's game was by far the worst game of the weekend pairing up to the two weakest teams and it showed with the offensive display of poop. I have no worries and was happy we got the team we have OWNED for the last 15 years.

It's what I saw in the Pats when they were playing Houston. The Steelers are better than Houston, and if the Pats show up flat again..... it makes me worry.

Then again, if the Pats now have that fire lit under their ass (which I actually believe they do, now it just comes down to mistakes) I think they'll end up taking it.

Perhaps a big part of the reason they did so badly against the Texans is because of ALL the talk of how they were guaranteed to win and it was a foregone conclusion they would be going to the Super Bowl, etc. I don't care how much you tell yourself your opponent is dangerous. If you don't genuinely feel it or believe it, it wont matter. The idea that the Texans had no chance got to the Pats and caused them to come in over confident. It was actually just what they needed in order to fire them up and bring them back to reality for the next game. So again, it all comes down to mistakes. I think their head will be right for the Steelers.

The Pats rarely play 2 bad games in a row.
The way I see it, they made mistakes that would cause most teams to lose, but they still ended up winning by 18. They will refocus and play much better on Sunday.

Good news is Hogan appears to be ok. He was a beast vs Houston with 4 catches on 4 targets for 94 yards.

- Pats don't play bad twice in a row, as Bid said.
- Pats have already played Pitt so they know what they're up against.
- Unlike KC, Pats beat Pitt the first go-round (albeit without Ben).
- Unlike KC, Pats have beaten Pitt in the AFCCG before.
- Unlike KC, Pats have been in many AFCCG before.
- Unlike KC, Pats have the GOAT at QB and HC.
- Unlike KC, New England's rushing D was 3rd in the regular season; KC's was 26th.
- Unlike KC, New England's offense was 4th in yards in the regular season; KC's was 20th.
- Unlike KC, New England's offense was 3rd in PPG in the regular season; KC's was 13th.

Conclusion: New England is not KC. And KC just held Pitt to six FGs, and the Chiefs could've won that game easily if they'd just played a little better.

Not saying the Pats can't lose--they can lose very easily--but I like their chances.

I should have added:

I saw James Harrison "flop" and Carl Cheffers', the head ref, fell for it & called the hold on KC which saved the game for Pittsburgh.

Cheffers is currently the favorite to head the SB officiating crew according to Football Zebras.

Here is Cheffers ROFL

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Tk1dHrit5ZU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah, for the love of Christ, I didn't even consider the refs and their horrible, borderline corrupt, officiating. :suicide:

Steelers are better than Houston but Pats are also better than KC. If Steelers played Pats last night they'd have been blown off the field.

Both teams didn't play their best this weekend. Let's hope our boys bring it next weekend and keep this thing going.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I should have added:

Here is Cheffers ROFL

I was under the impression that Steratore was favourite for the SB. Always thought he was a top class official

This stat is awesome.

Most Conf Champ Game Appearances (since 1970):
Steelers 16 (Includes this season)
49ers 15
Cowboys 14
Tom Brady 11

Back