Steve Largent: A Football Life

Annihilus

Zen Powered by Death Buddhists
Reaction score
It's been running on the NFL Network. I really enjoyed this one...it brought back a lot of memories from the 70's-80's because I grew up in MT and the two teams most people followed there were the Broncos or the Seahawks. I didn't like either one (obviously), but when you are submersed, you still get to know the teams in ways that others might not. Anyway.

Steve Largent was a good dude and a tough player. I'd recommend watching even if you aren't all that familiar with him.

I remember years ago the Goat WR jerry rice. Had to ask him for permission to wear his jersey #.

I'm waiting to hear about this guy:

COLLINSWORTH-375.jpg

I'd pay a large sum of money to hear less from this guy, I have an irrational hatred of his voice for some reason.

Please believe me when I say, "I was being sarcastic in posting the above".
Perhaps even his mother finds him irritating. :)

I flipped it on last night for the tail end of it just in time to hear Largent state that God wanted him to be the Governor of Oklahoma -- but the voters apparently didn't agree. His stance against cockfighting (seriously) did not sit well with the blood-loving cowpokes of that fine state.

That killed it for me.

I remember a game at Foxboro when Largent caught about a dozen passes from Jim Zorn and they came back in the 4th quarter to beat us. The guy was a great reciever.

I might watch the rest of it sometime and skip the last 10 minutes.

i loved watching him and zorn when i was a young nfl fan.
i hate that they had rice the asshole on this. he was dead to me when he demanded to have largent's # unretired so he as a last stop veteran could wear it. just like peyton did in denver. i know we have "sorry not sorry" but i think we should also have "humble not humble " for things like that.

i did enjoy watching the old footage, and it is intersting to imagine how great he would be now since he made all those catches gloveless, and with all those headhunters out there. i didn't know much about his personal life, so it was cool seeing how though he was fatherless, he became a good father himself anyway.

i hate that they had rice the asshole on this. he was dead to me when he demanded to have largent's # unretired so he as a last stop veteran could wear it. just like peyton did in denver. i know we have "sorry not sorry" but i think we should also have "humble not humble " for things like that.

i did enjoy watching the old footage, and it is intersting to imagine how great he would be now since he made all those catches gloveless, and with all those headhunters out there. i didn't know much about his personal life, so it was cool seeing how though he was fatherless, he became a good father himself anyway.

That hit he took? Roger would have banned the guy for 2 lifetimes, to be served consecutively. :coffee:

But his vindication moment was unbelievable!

Cheers, BostonTim

I flipped it on last night for the tail end of it just in time to hear Largent state that God wanted him to be the Governor of Oklahoma -- but the voters apparently didn't agree. His stance against cockfighting (seriously) did not sit well with the blood-loving cowpokes of that fine state.

That killed it for me.

I remember a game at Foxboro when Largent caught about a dozen passes from Jim Zorn and they came back in the 4th quarter to beat us. The guy was a great reciever.

I might watch the rest of it sometime and skip the last 10 minutes.

Honestly, the part you watched could've been cut from the program, in my opinion. It felt a bit forced and was by far the least interesting part to me. I enjoyed the football part quite a bit, though. I mean, it's nothing earth shattering or all that revelatory, but still an enjoyable story to me about a talent that you almost never hear anything about anymore. There must be hundreds of players over the years that just kind of fade away and you don't even think about unless someone makes a show about them like this.

That hit he took? Roger would have banned the guy for 2 lifetimes, to be served consecutively. :coffee:

But his vindication moment was unbelievable!

Cheers, BostonTim

That was pretty kick-ass and doesn't surprise me at all that it was his favorite play ever.

The old footage of them interacting was pretty great; You could tell that they were really good friends. I imagine it was pretty tough for them when Krieg first stepped in at QB for Zorn.

Back