Stirring the Pot

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I'm engaging my FB friends (who are unfriending me right now at an alarming rate) with the narrative that Brady "might be the greatest athlete of all time."

I only partly believe it but you should see the heads exploding.

It's beautiful.

I'm engaging my FB friends (who are unfriending me right now at an alarming rate) with the narrative that Brady "might be the greatest athlete of all time."

It's beautiful.

Is he the most athletic? No, not by conventional metrics.
Is the the best performing athlete? He's in the conversation with the best of all-time, regardless of sport.

Is he the most athletic? No, not by conventional metrics.
Is the the best performing athlete? He's in the conversation with the best of all-time, regardless of sport.

People are bringing up Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.

Whaaaaa??????

It's beautiful.

He’s certainly in the discussion with respect to team sports. One more ring and that discussion might end.

People are bringing up Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.

Whaaaaa??????

From 1962 to 1980 Jack Nicklaus won 17 majors and came in second 14 times. So over 19 year span he was in the final 2 on Sunday afternoon at a major 33 times, near two each year for 19 years.

This is likely why some folks are bring up Nicklaus.

In one way it would be nice to separate individual and team sports. But at the same time one can combine the two. What Nicklaus did has always impressed me.

As for Brady in team sports. I got him near the top in modern sports.

Have to separate team vs individual sports. Otherwise all the tennis icons step to the fore.

16 world Championship titles, 16 World matchplay titles, 11 Grand Prix titles 6 Grand Slam, 6 Premier League... And that's just part of the hundreds of hundred tournaments he won. Scariest draw in sports for two decades......

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pyhlI1BATus" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Herd w/Colin Cowherd

Verified account

@TheHerd
Follow Follow @TheHerd
More
"Basketball is a sport built for dynasties, football isn't. 13 NBA players have 6 rings. 1 NFL player does. Last name Brady, first name Tom. There's my argument."

@ColinCowherd compares Tom Brady and Michael Jordan

Also of note, to win a championship in football you must be undefeated through the playoffs. Something Michael Jordan never did.

A similar career: Rocket Richard played 18 years for Les Habs, winning 8 Stanley Cups. I think he was captain for 5 in a row.

Yeah, there were only six teams in the NHL, but that means (a) you had to be really good to make an NHL roster, and (b) your opponents saw you often enough to really learn your tendencies.

That said, the Habs had first dibs (if I remember correctly) on any young player coming out of Quebec, so yeah ... apples and oranges.

A similar career: Rocket Richard played 18 years for Les Habs, winning 8 Stanley Cups. I think he was captain for 5 in a row.

Yeah, there were only six teams in the NHL, but that means (a) you had to be really good to make an NHL roster, and (b) your opponents saw you often enough to really learn your tendencies.

That said, the Habs had first dibs (if I remember correctly) on any young player coming out of Quebec, so yeah ... apples and oranges.

Yeah, that would be like BB having his pick of the best players coming out of the SEC every year.

Yes, the Canadiens always had unfair structural advantages, which is often underplayed.

In the same way the Yankees used to use the St. Louis Browns as a virtual farm team.

16 world Championship titles, 16 World matchplay titles, 11 Grand Prix titles 6 Grand Slam, 6 Premier League... And that's just part of the hundreds of hundred tournaments he won. Scariest draw in sports for two decades......

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pyhlI1BATus" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Oh for fvcks sake! No sport counts where there’s beer allowed in the field of play.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

Herd w/Colin Cowherd

Verified account

@TheHerd
Follow Follow @TheHerd
More
"Basketball is a sport built for dynasties, football isn't. 13 NBA players have 6 rings. 1 NFL player does. Last name Brady, first name Tom. There's my argument."

@ColinCowherd compares Tom Brady and Michael Jordan

He’s right

Yeah, that would be like BB having his pick of the best players coming out of the SEC every year.

Yes, the Canadiens always had unfair structural advantages, which is often underplayed.

In the same way the Yankees used to use the St. Louis Browns as a virtual farm team.

And it’s why Les Habs haven’t won dick since it was lifted.

When I lived in the East Bay, I used to refer to their baseball team as the Oakland Quadruple-A's, because they seemed to be the top development affiliate for everyone.

Back