Story of NFL Logos from the past

I really wonder if you could just replace the flying elvis with Pat Patriot and keep everything else the same?

I'm pissed that the Pats have scrapped the alternate unis due to the safety rule about not changing helmets -- which makes no sense to me.

There are tons of things they could do and go along with the rule. Wear the old red unis but keep the elvis on the helmet or any number of other things, but Bob Kraft has apparently decided that even though the throwback jersies still account for 25% of sales that the fans don't need to see them on the field any more.

I personally loved the look and the tip of the cap to the old days and see no reason why they can't compromise to make a lot of people happy.

Other teams repaint their helmets, apparently. Why can't we?

I'm pissed that the Pats have scrapped the alternate unis due to the safety rule about not changing helmets -- which makes no sense to me.

There are tons of things they could do and go along with the rule. Wear the old red unis but keep the elvis on the helmet or any number of other things, but Bob Kraft has apparently decided that even though the throwback jersies still account for 25% of sales that the fans don't need to see them on the field any more.

I personally loved the look and the tip of the cap to the old days and see no reason why they can't compromise to make a lot of people happy.

The simplest answer would be to use white as the base color of the Flying Elvis helmets. They would only need to swap the logos.

I wasn't aware of this but I too like the old unis, a lot.

It would be old...and new.

What ever happened to the silver alternate jerseys?

They sucked. You really couldn't tell the silver from the white. The silver looked like the whites had been washed with the darks.

I always thought that red jersey's would make a great alternative, although still not as good as the real throwbacks.

I think they should remove both logos and put the letters F & U in capitals.

They sucked. You really couldn't tell the silver from the white. The silver looked like the whites had been washed with the darks.

I always thought that red jersey's would make a great alternative, although still not as good as the real throwbacks.

That's very true about the silver looking barely different from the whites. I have not spoken to a single person that liked them. I've even talked to a woman who bought one and didn't. :shrug:

Considering some of the incredibly advanced unis a lot of college teams are able to wear I simply can't understand how the Pats could not get themselves a decent-looking, shiny silver jersey if that's what they wanted to do.

We're allowed to use alternate unis and simply don't for some very odd reason.

Whoever is in charge of this stuff in Foxboro is not doing their job.

Do you suppose BB doesn't like them for some reason and they don't want to piss him off? Parcells used to be a stickler for plain-looking unis and complained about the look of the stripes on the pants we had when he was coaching here and the team changed the following season to a plainer, two-tone stripe that looked just like what the Giants wore. Maybe Bill is from that same school, but I doubt he really cares what they wear.

I have a friend who is a Bears fan. His comment about Pat Patriot?

"Man, that new logo looks so much better. The old one made your team look like they were bending over for the rest of the league."

:jester:

I have a friend who is a Bears fan. His comment about Pat Patriot?

"Man, that new logo looks so much better. The old one made your team look like they were bending over for the rest of the league."

:jester:
Bob Kraft approves of this post/ Numbercruncher mode

Back