He went to school with me at IU. My friend Neal knew Jared when he was fat!

Anyone else believe Jarrad actually lost 245 LBS from eating subway sandwiches? :shrug:

That commercial makes me :Eason:

Maybe from prolonged colon cleansing but not them dam sandwiches. :confused:

By his junior year at North Central High School, Fogle's weight was at 425 pounds (193 kg), and he reportedly wore size 6XL shirts[1].

Several years later, after his roommate, a pre-med student, correctly diagnosed Jared with sleep apnea and edema, he was sent to the hospital. Fogle's father, who is a physician, told him he might not live past 35, and Jared began to turn his life around. At the age of 20, Fogle estimated he consumed a diet of around 10,000 calories a day.[2]

Interested by Subway's "7 Under 6" campaign, Fogle went and tried his first turkey club, and enjoyed the sandwich.[1] He developed his own "Subway diet", consisting of a 6-inch turkey club sandwich for lunch, and a foot for dinner.[1]

After three months on the diet, he had lost nearly 100 pounds, and weighed in at 330 pounds (150 kg). He stuck with the diet and soon began to walk as much as he could, rather than using transport, and would even walk up the stairs rather than take an elevator. By the end of the diet Jared lost over 240 pounds (109 kg)[1]

When you reduce your caloric intake from 10,000 a day to 2000, you will lose weight. Even more if you exercise.

Anyone else believe Jarrad actually lost 245 LBS from eating subway sandwiches? :shrug:

It really is true a number of people from here have known him for years. He really did just eat Subway but he now walks almost 10 miles per day.

I beleive it....but with no mayo, no mustard, no cheese, no ranch, no oil and vin, no nothing.....just bread meat and lettuce.....yuck...:shrug:

I beleive it....but with no mayo, no mustard, no cheese, no ranch, no oil and vin, no nothing.....just bread meat and lettuce.....

I think you can add regular mustard and vinegar without adding more than a few calories

yuck...:shrug:

living past 35 > subs with no mayo

I HATE Jared.. That fat f*ck has made a career (and probably a boatload of money, too) based on feeding his fat face with crappy sandwiches, and lieing about what REALLY played the bigger part in his weight loss. Hmm.. The walking or a disgusting, mass-produced sandwich?

And to make it worse.. HE WON'T GO AWAY. I hate his lame, phony-ass commercials almost as much as I hate Subway sandwiches themselves.

Jared can f*ck off forever, that smarmy asshole!!!

I HATE Jared.. That fat f*ck has made a career (and probably a boatload of money, too) based on feeding his fat face with crappy sandwiches, and lieing about what REALLY played the bigger part in his weight loss. Hmm.. The walking or a disgusting, mass-produced sandwich?

And to make it worse.. HE WON'T GO AWAY. I hate his lame, phony-ass commercials almost as much as I hate Subway sandwiches themselves.

Jared can f*ck off forever, that smarmy asshole!!!

I dont get the hate. Subways sandwiches are horrible, but eating a turkey sandwich on wheat bread with some veggies and no condiments is pretty low calorie. You eat 10,000 calories a day long enough to weigh 425 lbs, and then go to 2000 (the Subway website says a 6 inch turkey sub with no cheese, oil or condiments is 280 calories) or lower for an extended period, you will lose weight. Period. If you read the passage i quoted for wikipedia, it says that after he lost the first 100 lbs, he began to increase his activity level, which of course helped. But i think the implication was that at 425 lbs he was too fat to do enough exercise to be meaningful.

The only part of the ad campaign that is slightly misleading is the Low Fat aspect of it. The reason low fat diets work is that it reduces the number of calories you take in. Weight loss is really very simple....calories in < calories out = weight loss. You can eat 0 grams of fat everyday forever, and still be grossly overweight. Low fat diest fail 100% of the time if you just replace calories from fat with calories from protein or carbs.

Well that was kind of my point in this. Subway touts jareds weight loss just from eating them sandwiches they don't mention that the guy walks more miles a week than a hooker. I thinking that as tony Stewart gets fatter and fatter subway will have to ax his lard ass from their commericals.

I think the Jared Fogle show debuted in 2000. Seriously- it has been eight years. EIGHT!

Time to find a new marketing strategy.

Oh, and Subway sucks.

I think the Jared Fogle show debuted in 2000. Seriously- it has been eight years. EIGHT

Man, Richard Simmons has been around for DECADES. :banghead:

Considering he's just an avg. Joe who seems ok, I imagine his potentially 'inspirational' value is just too high to change. I'd rather him than some POP! BOOM! FIZZ! of most commercials.

I beleive it....but with no mayo, no mustard, no cheese, no ranch, no oil and vin, no nothing.....just bread meat and lettuce.....yuck...:shrug:

He could eat the veggies, right? :confused: Veggies can have a lot of vibrant flavor. An oil like olive oil is good for you.

What disturbs me is that people get up in fat and calories and not the quality of ingredients. The caloric/fat value of olive oil prolly equates to oreos, but how they are metabolized is different.

WTF? Seriously dude, if I can't talk about mah hoohaa then you can't say that. Plus it's pretty douchetastic in the first place :shrug:

20 year rule, it's okay to joke aobut that now.

Back