Super Bowl food

Alk

Reaction score
I know. Food seems to be a theme with my threads. So what's everyone making? We're having a few friends over. I started out saying that I was just going to make a charcuterie board and it snowballed from there. I decided it would be a good idea to smoke some bologna (It's a Midwest thing) to put on the board. Then I decided since I was going to have the smoker going that I might as well throw a couple racks of ribs on too. Then I realized that I was leaving out my deviled eggs that have become something that people just expect me to make for events such as this. Then I got the bright idea that we should test our new air fryer out so I think we'll make some homemade onion rings and fried pickles in there too. I also picked up a couple different beers to sample too.

Last edited:
The fam wants air fried wings.
We're still discussing the rest of it but we're trying to keep it simple this year. A paella gets my vote but we'll see what everyone else wants.

Reactions: Alk
The fam wants air fried wings.
We're still discussing the rest of it but we're trying to keep it simple this year. A paella gets my vote but we'll see what everyone else wants.
I've been wanting to try air frying some wings. I always put mine on the smoker. They're always good but not as crispy as I would like so next time I think I'll cook them to about 75% done on the smoker then throw them in the air fryer to finish them off.

I know. Food seems to be a theme with my threads. So what's everyone making? We're having a few friends over. I started out saying that I was just going to make a charcuterie board and it snowballed from there. I decided it would be a good idea to smoke some bologna (It's a Midwest thing) to put on the board. Then I decided since I was going to have the smoker going that I might as well throw a couple racks of ribs on too. Then I realized that I was leaving out my deviled eggs that have become something that people just expect me to make for events such as this. Then I got the bright idea that we should test our new air fryer out so I think we'll make some homemade onion rings and fried pickles in there too. I also picked up a couple different beers to sample too.
Where's your address again?

Is your place doable with Waze?

Cheers

Buffalo chicken egg rolls.
My Sweet heat chili
Loaded Nachos
Garlic Bread Sticks with a Gorgonzola dipping sauce.

I have no idea what inlaws are making.

• Wow
Reactions: Alk
I don't get the air frying hype... :shrug-n:
I don't know. I don't like messing with actually frying stuff because I don't want to deal with all of the oil. This is the next best thing. Wasn't a fan of the Instant Pot though. I made my wife sacrifice it in order to get the air fryer.

I don't know. I don't like messing with actually frying stuff because I don't want to deal with all of the oil. This is the next best thing. Wasn't a fan of the Instant Pot though. I made my wife sacrifice it in order to get the air fryer.
Too bad, I have some killer instant pot recipes. I love my instant pot. I do all the cooking at my house, my wife is not allowed to cook.

Too bad, I have some killer instant pot recipes. I love my instant pot. I do all the cooking at my house, my wife is not allowed to cook.
Pretty much the same here. I cook most nights but I always thought everything that came out of the instant pot had a weird texture to it. It worked pretty well for hard boiled eggs though.

Pretty much the same here. I cook most nights but I always thought everything that came out of the instant pot had a weird texture to it. It worked pretty well for hard boiled eggs though.
Makes sense, I use it for soups, chili and mac and cheese. Pretty much stuff that needs time to simmer to infuse the flavors, I use the instant pot. It cuts the times down dramatically.

there is an instant pot that air fries(though likely not as well as an air fryer).

Air fryers cook at a high temp...which actually produces a known carcinogen. If you're paranoid of that.

If you don't care, then...carry on.

Obviously most fun things are bad for you...like this beer that I'm drinking now.

Back