Super Bowl Hotel Rooms, Airbnb, park bench for rent thread

bdowell10

Reaction score
My family and I are Ravens fans and back in the spring we booked several rooms at a brand new hotel right down the street from NRG Stadium hoping that the Ravens would make it to the Super Bowl (sucks to be us). My wife, son, son-in-law and I are still going but we’d like to move some of the other rooms to people who are also coming to Houston for the Super Bowl, whether they have game tickets or not. We got a really good price and we hate to turn them back in.

Each room is a two-bed suite with two queen beds and a separate living area with a sofabed so the rooms can actually sleep 6 people. The rooms also have a mini-fridge, microwave, 42” TV, internet, etc., plus full complimentary breakfast!

Room dates are from Thursday, Feb 2 through Monday, Feb 6 (5 nights) with check-out on the 7th but shorter stays are possible.

The hotel is:
• Less than a year old
• Less than a mile from the stadium
• 15 minutes from Houston Hobby Airport
• 3 miles from the bar/restaurant area of Rice University
• 9 miles from the convention center where a lot of the NFL activities are taking place
• Surrounded by local eateries
• Right on public transportation routes

Only serious inquiries can contact me at bdowell10@comcast.net for more information. Since my family is staying at the hotel ourselves I can meet you in the lobby at check-in to transfer the room over to you. Eventually we will need the first night’s payment via Paypal just to cover us in case of a no-show because that’s what the hotel will be charging us if we don’t cancel on time.

We finally get a decent sounding Balt fan and all he wants to do is sell hotel rooms!
(Good luck finding a buyer)

We finally get a decent sounding Balt fan and all he wants to do is sell hotel rooms!
(Good luck finding a buyer)

Money up front here and then he'll meet next you in Houston in the lobby and give you your room?

Might be totally legit, but the first thing that goes off is my alarm system. If you're interested, you probably ought to do some serious digging first.

All things Houston from a Houston Local...

Hello everyone I am a Houston native. I am a Fidelity Investments guy so I travel to Boston all of the time and thought I would make a post here. If you want to ask me anything about Houston feel free. I promise you that you will feel welcome here. We are excited to host the big game and if you want or need to ask questions about the city or different areas of time then please let me know. Any questions about airports or restaurants then let me know.

Finally I do have a desire to rent my house that will sleep about 10 people. I am located in a suburb of Houston called Sugar Land. We are hosting the Maxim Superbowl party about 5 minutes from my house. We listed our house at a fair price hoping that families wanting to split costs could save money versus hotels. If we get a good feel for you we might even throw in the use of our Honda Mini Van which will comfortably hold 8 people.

Here is the link to our place:
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/16965546

Seriously even if you have no interest in renting our house and you have questions about Houston then please let me know.

At $9,005 to stay 25 miles from the stadium, I think you should be providing a limo, not a Honda mini-van.

Understand why you might say that but if 4 familes split it you will pay much less then most people. The going rate for our neighborhood is around $2k a day. The going rate closer to the stadium is between $8K to $10K.

At $9,005 to stay 25 miles from the stadium, I think you should be providing a limo, not a Honda mini-van.

One quick summary. Don't stay in east Houston.

North in the Woodlands is good. South in the Clear Lake area ( Near Nasa) is good. West in Sugar land or Katy is good.

If you have any questions let me know. Thanks.

How is this any different than spam? I'm surprised that this BS flies...

Can I also put my curated content blog here to pimp? :coffee:

You're a pimp? :shrug_n:

Cheers

51lkt5k4NFL._SY355_.jpg

Have you done airbnb before, or just for the game? Have you used it traveling? I was thinking of using it for my house, which is in a historic tourist area. Are you protected if someone trashes your place?

Brah, winning Super Bowls in Houston is old hat for us. You should take advice from us on how to Super Bowl in Houston. $25 per PM.

Back