Tablets.

anderson

Awfully Cavalier
Reaction score
Hi.
Do any of you have recommendations for tablets? I would like to know more about both Ipads and android tablets.

Cheers!

Hi.
Do any of you have recommendations for tablets? I would like to know more about both Ipads and android tablets.

Cheers!

I have the IPad mini & amazon fireHD. The graphics, speakers & battery are a lot better on the amazon FireHD.

Hi.

Cheers!

My mom used to be computer illiterate. We got her a Samsung galaxy tablet and now she if a Facebook and YouTube junkie lol we also got one for my MIL i played around with it and it's just like my phone which i love. I have the Samsung galaxy phone of course :p i refuse to do ianything. Just my preference

One of my friends got the new nexus google 7. He loves it because it has the lastest droid software you can do a lot of stuff for work on it.

My mom used to be computer illiterate. We got her a Samsung galaxy tablet and now she if a Facebook and YouTube junkie lol we also got one for my MIL i played around with it and it's just like my phone which i love. I have the Samsung galaxy phone of course :p i refuse to do ianything. Just my preference

My cousin has the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and loves it. I'm in the market as well, so I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to get.

The S-pen that comes with the note might sway me in that direction. It certainly sounds useful for what I am going to use it for.

I wish the kindle fire hd had something similar that would make it easy to take notes while reading on it.

Note that you can get the 32GB version at the same price if you buy it at newegg or amazon. :)

Thanks, Professor. I was going to play with it at Best Buy, but purchase it at Amazon without paying tax. :thumb:

So I can't make up my mind whether to get the Kindle (which will allow me to take advantage of my amazon prime membership and other purchases) or the Galaxy note 10.1.

They both seem to have some really good advantages and some pretty awkward disadvantages. I guess it's just which are more important, eh.

Does anyone feel strongly about getting the 4g versions or do you find working with wifi is just fine?

I've eliminated the Ipad, just because it doesn't seem to be good value for money in comparison.

Cost of ownership goes up a ton if you want the 3GB data plan @ $30/mo - and the $50/first year plan only comes with 250 mb worth of data per month, which is not a whole lot.

On top of the extra 200 dollars for the device itself. Just not sure that's worth it, but I guess maybe it is if you're on the road?

So I can't make up my mind whether to get the Kindle (which will allow me to take advantage of my amazon prime membership and other purchases) or the Galaxy note 10.1.

They both seem to have some really good advantages and some pretty awkward disadvantages. I guess it's just which are more important, eh.

Does anyone feel strongly about getting the 4g versions or do you find working with wifi is just fine?

I've eliminated the Ipad, just because it doesn't seem to be good value for money in comparison.

What will you be using it for. I go the kindle firehD for entertainment reasonsi love it. Has a HDMI out slot. You could not beat the price of $200 for a 16 GB. The only thing I don't like about the fire is there not a lot of good apps on the Amazon market.

Well, I am hoping to do a lot of reading on it and probably some tv/movies when I'm in hotels.

But I was also hoping I could do some work presentations so I don't have to carry a laptop to meetings and I was hoping I could do some note taking while reading magazines/articles.

Well, I am hoping to do a lot of reading on it and probably some tv/movies when I'm in hotels.

But I was also hoping I could do some work presentations so I don't have to carry a laptop to meetings and I was hoping I could do some note taking while reading magazines/articles.

I do all of that now. I am psyched to not have that laptop. Our company is beta testing an Ipad package with a bunch of us now and so far so good. I won't and don't want to get rid of the laptop but for traveling the Ipad is working out great.

I do all of that now. I am psyched to not have that laptop. Our company is beta testing an Ipad package with a bunch of us now and so far so good. I won't and don't want to get rid of the laptop but for traveling the Ipad is working out great.

You use an Ipad for all this?

You use an Ipad for all this?

Yes. I use NoteTaker HD for notes, but there are a bunch of great note taking apps out there. It's a freaking buffet table out there for those apps.

Email is the easiest thing ever. No worries.

Initially I was trying to use the Apple Keynote app for presenting, and you can import powerpoint into that, but I found it a little bit clunky. At any rate, the company has another app they deployed, and it's teh awesome. I can't for the life of me remember the name of it but I will advise next week if you need the info. My iPad is in my office and I, happily, am not, until Wednesday. There's a 30 dollar adapter for ipad to VGA, works with most projectors.

Movies, TV, reading... very easy and common...... trust me you wouldn't have any challenge doing that.

Back