Texans release Watt

Wow, I know he doesn't have much left but that's the kind of guy I think the Patriots could use in the locker room next season.

Wow, I know he doesn't have much left but that's the kind of guy I think the Patriots could use in the locker room next season.
I would not be surprised to see him land in Tampa. There's a Brady effect going on and many players want to make a beeline there to try and get a ring before Tom calls it a day.

Maybe he will go to Green Bay and finally win Rodgers that 2nd championship. :coffee:

Watt, Winovich, Uche, Hightower, Chung, Gilmore, Jackson, McCourtys, Dugger could be very nice indeed!

JJ Watt had 10-year run with the Texans: * 3X NFL Defensive Player of the Year * 5X 1st team All Pro, 5X Pro Bowler * Walter Payton Man of the Year winner * 101.0 sacks, 61(!!) passes defensed, 494 tackles, 25 FF * 3 receiving TD * 298 QB Hits (Leads the league since 2011).
Only 2 other players have 3 DPOY awards. The other 2 are Lawrence Taylor and Aaron Donald.
He's been a pillar of that city since day 1.
100% BB is interested in a guy like that.

Interesting that he asked McNair to release him and not Caserio.

Last edited:
bb typically likes guys who have played well vs the pats though. watt doesn't really fit that.

bb typically likes guys who have played well vs the pats though. watt doesn't really fit that.
Except for this year. 3 batted balls.
BB once named him "the most disruptive player in the league".

I only recall him stripping the ball off Dion Lewis in a playoff game, but Texans may or may not have been getting blown out then.

Back