Thanksgiving Games Thread

Most Personal Fouls Called Against since 2010:
Cliff Avril, Lions. 7
N. Suh, Lions. 7

Coincidence? Something is going wrong with the culture Schwartz has developed there.

"Hey, Jim. Roger. Can I see you in my office?"

Haynesworth's stomping of Gurode looked far worse than Suh's today, imo. Suh pushed the guy's helmet to the turf several times before he was ripped off him and as Suh was being dragged away, Suh missed with his stomp b/c he couldn't see the guy. 1 or 2 games seems to fit.

Agree across the board. Dammit! What a waste….

The Lions were used by more savvy GB team today. Suh is an idiot to deny what he did. Such a waste.

Detroit might have had a fighting chance if they had a competent QB like Matt Moore or Tyler Palko. Holy shit was Stafford terrible. He was personally responsible for the Lions not jumping out to a 17-0 lead.

Detroit might have had a fighting chance if they had a competent QB like Matt Moore or Tyler Palko. Holy shit was Stafford terrible. He was personally responsible for the Lions not jumping out to a 17-0 lead.

Horrendous. I forgave him for the tipped INT but he threw the ball up the middle of the field to the LB playing in the zone. He had the outside WR open on the quick route. In all fairness, though, Stafford could have completed the pass with a better throw where the ball got enough air to go over the LB in the hook zone, but regardless it would have been a bad decision. The Woodson one was the WR's fault, but he has got to stop making such horrid decisions.

Added onto the lack of urgency when there was like 10 minutes left and the team needed a score, only to have that sense of urgency when the game was already lost.

Haynesworth got 5 games for his head-stomp. They said at halftime that prior to that he had no history this type of behavior at the time. Based on his history, I think Suh should be suspended for the remainder of the regular season, at a minimum. Show some balls Goodell...

I agree. At this rate, he is going to cause someone a really serious injury. He needs to be reined in.

From the 49ers - Ravens game

The 49ers were totally stifled on offense on Thursday night in Baltimore: they scored no touchdowns, were sacked nine times, and managed only 170 offensive yards. It was the first time that San Francisco's offense had put up such poor across-the-board numbers in those three categories since 1963, when they dropped a 26-3 decision at Detroit in which they were sacked nine times and gained only 61 yards.

On defense, however, the Niners became the first NFL team in 83 years not to allow a rushing touchdown in its first 11 games of a season. Back in 1928, the Providence Steam Roller went through its entire 11-game schedule not allowing a rushing touchdown, en route to an 8-1-2 record and its only NFL championship.

That was a BS chop block call. The blitzer was already through the line and it was only the back going low that gave the OL time to get anywhere near him.

And another questionable chop block removes what should have been the biggest play of the night game.

The chop block is an important rule, because guys can't worry about their knees and legs when they are fighting another man. But on both plays the OL didn't look to engage until after the RB had gone low. That isn't the spirit of the rule at all, and IMO is questionable if it is even to the letter of the law.

Back