The 2013 Playoffs.

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
Here is the schedule Goodell announced last night. Thank goodness we have a bye but there will be some great games this weekend.

Saturday, Jan. 5

Cincinnati Bengals (AFC No. 6) at Houston Texans (AFC No. 3), 4:30 p.m. ET, NBC
Minnesota Vikings (NFC No. 6) at Green Bay Packers (NFC No. 3), 8 p.m. ET, NBC
Sunday, Jan. 6

Indianapolis Colts (AFC No. 5) at Baltimore Ravens (AFC No. 4), 1 p.m. ET, CBS
Seattle Seahawks (NFC No. 5) at Washington Redskins (NFC No. 4), 4:30 p.m. ET, FOX
Saturday, Jan. 12

Baltimore, Indianapolis or Cincinnati at Denver Broncos (AFC No. 1), 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS
Green Bay, Washington or Seattle at San Francisco 49ers (NFC No. 2), 8 p.m. ET, FOX
Sunday, Jan. 13

Washington, Seattle or Minnesota at Atlanta Falcons (NFC No. 1), 1 p.m. ET, FOX
Houston, Baltimore or Indianapolis at New England Patriots (AFC No .2), 4:30 p.m. ET, CBS
Linemakers: Early point spreads, line changes
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...n-schedule-results-wild-card-divisional-round

Cincy could beat Houston; in fact, I expect Houston to be pounded. Indy has a great opportunity to keep their miraculous year going by defeating Harbaugh's wilting Ravens.

Can Minny beat GB again? Peterson left 9 yards on the field but beating GB twice in 1 wk won't be easy.

The game I really want to see is Wash vs Seattle. RG3 vs Russell Wilson. Shanny vs Petey. Physical, tough Seattle D vs RG3's wiley smarts. I'm expecting Seattle to prevail although I wouldn't bet on it.

edit: Aaron Rodgers is the only NFC quarterback in the playoffs who has won a playoff game.

Here is the schedule Goodell announced last night. Thank goodness we have a bye but there will be some great games this weekend.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...n-schedule-results-wild-card-divisional-round

Cincy could beat Houston; in fact, I expect Houston to be pounded. Indy has a great opportunity to keep their miraculous year going by defeating Harbaugh's wilting Ravens.

Can Minny beat GB again? Peterson left 9 yards on the field but beating GB twice in 1 wk won't be easy.

The game I really want to see is Wash vs Seattle. RG3 vs Russell Wilson. Shanny vs Petey. Physical, tough Seattle D vs RG3's wiley smarts. I'm expecting Seattle to prevail although I wouldn't bet on it.

edit: Aaron Rodgers is the only NFC quarterback in the playoffs who has won a playoff game.

Everyone brags about how much tougher the NFC is than the AFC. That last statement might be the most telling about which conference prevails on February 3.

I think I would rather face Houston next week. Also hoping that the Colts/Ravens winner can beat the Broncos.

Seattle scares me in the NFC. Haven't heard anything about that POS Sherman's appeal. Hopefully, the appeal is denied and he misses the playoffs.

Still a cheater, IMO.

It was a loop hole. I seems the bottle was leaking or something so they transferred it to another bottle, and somehow that made it test positive...

My prediction is both AFC wildcards upset the hosts. Pats get to play Colts again.

Thats what I want....nobody is picking on our little brother the colts except for us dammit!

The Deadskins won't make it past Seattle.

I don't know, Seattle on the road is different than Seattle at home, so its not as cut and dry as it seems.....what happened to your crying Carson palmer avatar?

https://twitter.com/fboutsiders
Football Outsiders ‏<s>@</s>fboutsiders New FO Playoff Odds. Top SB odds: DEN 25.8% NE 24.0% SF 14.9% SEA 9.7% ATL 8.0% GB 6.8% http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/playoffodds …

<table class="stats" border="2" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><th>Team</th><th>Conf App</th><th>Conf Win</th><th>SB Win</th></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">DEN</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">70.0%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">41.2%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">25.8%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">NE</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">77.1%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">41.1%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">24.0%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">SF</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">60.9%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">33.2%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">14.9%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">SEA</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">32.2%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">18.6%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">9.7%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">ATL</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">56.4%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">25.7%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">8.0%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">GB</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">28.0%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">14.1%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">6.8%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">BAL</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">20.8%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">7.7%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">3.7%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">CIN</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">19.8%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">7.0%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">3.3%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">WAS</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">15.4%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">6.5%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">2.6%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">HOU</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">9.0%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">2.5%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">0.6%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::nfc">MIN</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">7.2%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">1.9%</td><td class="po::nfc" align="right">0.5%</td></tr> <tr><td class="po::afc">IND</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">3.3%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">0.5%</td><td class="po::afc" align="right">0.1%</td></tr></tbody></table>
Please not PManning and Denver. :cuss:
https://twitter.com/fboutsiders/status/285781379092979712

I was really surprised that NBC didn't grab the Washington/Seattle game for the Saturday nightcap. I figured they'd be shitting themselves to get RG3 on their network two weeks in a row.

Interesting stuff here at footballzebras.

boger_cointoss-e1356893927631-206x300.png
Jerome Boger is scheduled to officiate Super Bowl XLVII, despite not being the highest ranked referee by our assessment. Referee Ed Hochuli and Gene Steratore will sit out of January and February football. (San Francisco 49ers photo)

The standard has been, with a few additional criteria, that the highest ranking official in each position gets a Super Bowl assignment and runners-up go to the Conference Championship. Rankings are determined by evaluations of every single play and scores on written tests. Professionalism, maintaining the pace of the game, decisiveness, and physical fitness can also affect one’s ranking.
According to two former NFL officials, the league office intends on having Jerome Boger officiate Super Bowl XLVII. Boger’s season has not impressed even the casual fan this season. Just last week, Boger was pushed around, physically and figuratively, by Panthers quarterback Cam Newton. He “misspoke” over the microphone, according to a post-game interview, and meant to assess Newton with a non-ejectable foul, rather than one he announced that is a certain ejection. If he is that indecisive and unable to assert himself, even if it means throwing a quarterback out of the game, how will he manage such a high profile game?
Boger is relatively inexperienced in postseason officiating, especially in the context of such a high profile assignment; in the six years he was eligible for the playoffs, Boger has worked only three games. To put Boger in charge of a Super Bowl crew would require the NFL to change their qualification criteria. NFL vice president of football communications Michael Signora told me that is not the case:
There is no change to the Super Bowl assignment system. In order for an official at any position to be eligible for the Super Bowl, he must have at least five years of NFL experience and either a conference championship game assignment or a playoff assignment in the Wild Card or Divisional round in three of the past five years.
If that “3-of-5″ provision is unfamiliar to you, it’s because it’s not been openly discussed in past years, but we understand that provision has been in effect for all positions except the referee position. If that provision is extended to the “white hat” position, Boger still doesn’t qualify. In the past five postseasons, Boger has only worked on the field in the 2007 and 2009 Divisional Playoffs. (He also was assigned as an alternate in some of those off years.)
Merit system apparently discarded. To further bury the merit system used for postseason assignments, a former official said that there are officials on the Super Bowl roster who have failed written rules tests. Also, the supposed frontrunners will be sidelined for the playoffs.
“Ed Hochuli and Gene Steratore are not assigned to the playoffs,” an officiating source said. Hochuli has been assigned to the playoffs every year he’s been eligible since 1991, except for one. Steratore has been widely considered to be getting a Conference Championship game or Super Bowl assignment this season, based upon his on-field performance.
http://www.footballzebras.com/2012/12/30/6035/

P.King has also reported Steratore and Hochuli are not scheduled to officiate the playoffs. I'm ok with that; Steratore never bother me though.

Boger is a huge mistake for the SB, imo. Did you see how flustered he was after being bumped lightly by Newton? I did...he completely lost his cool.

Interesting stuff here at footballzebras.

http://www.footballzebras.com/2012/12/30/6035/

P.King has also reported Steratore and Hochuli are not scheduled to officiate the playoffs. I'm ok with that; Steratore never bother me though.

Boger is a huge mistake for the SB, imo. Did you see how flustered he was after being bumped lightly by Newton? I did...he completely lost his cool.

So...in a year when the replacment officials made a mockery of the game, the NFL decides to bench their two best referees for the post-season and assign one of their worst to officiate the Super Bowl. What am I missing here?

Back