The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I'm not a big fan of fields. I live in buckeye Nation. I do have big questions about his accuracy & reading coverages in pros. Something I seen him struggle with in college. Lets not forget really struggling after injury to his RB in BCS playoffs.
The OSU thing is a real concern. His skills are impressive though and I think with our coaching, he could be very good.

The OSU thing is a real concern. His skills are impressive though and I think with our coaching, he could be very good.
The same coaching. That could Improve Cam performace. Now that he has much improved pass catchers :coffee:

You would rather have Cam than Fields?
Cam is the Bridge QB this year. Your just going to have to accept it. He now has 2 best FA's in Henry & Smith. Something he excelled with in Caroline. They're no guarantee fields will even be avaiable at #8.

Cam is the Bridge QB this year. They're just going to have to accept it. He does have somethibg he excelled at in Caroline . 2 best FA in Henry & Smith. They're no guarantee fields will even be avaiable at #8.
You can have Cam as the bridge this year and draft Fields. I agree though, I doubt he there at 8 unless Denver does not like him. I think we have to get to 5 to get him.

PFF's final mock draft. All 7 rounds. Here's their Pats' picks. I'd be ecstatic.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

15. QB Mac Jones, Alabama
46. LB Jabril Cox, LSU
96. WR Tylan Wallace, Oklahoma State
120. S Hamsah Nasirildeen, Florida State
122. G Deonte Brown, Alabama
139. OT Jalen Mayfield, Michigan
177. Edge Elerson Smith, Northern Iowa
188. RB Rhamondre Stevenson, Oklahoma
197. CB Bryce Thompson, Tennessee
242. DI Darius Stills, West Virginia

I had most of them in my mocks... :coffee:

Are most people high on Jones? He is the one of the 5 that I want the least. His game is not at all what you want in today's NFL. I know he is supposed to be cerebral and all but he also played with a stacked team with wide open WRs all the time. I just don't seem him as a sure thing but who knows, he could be great I guess. I would much rather have Fields.
You must not like Tom Brady much... :coffee:

A word about draft charts. Most teams think they are worthless and use prior trades to determine the value of any trade considered.
The Jimmy Johnson chart was devised before the rookie pay scale came into effect so it's badly outdated. BB has his own way of determining value.
Rich Hill devised his chart based on BB's trades so it figures that BB would follow his chart most closely.

E0ElNayXEAYcYWR

I got a bet going with a friend of mine who is also a Pats fan, $20 that the Pats take Lance, that's my bet and he thinks it will be Fields, I hope one of us is right but it wouldn't surprise me if they take a DB or LB.
Just shows how wild a year this is, given BB's prior history, I would never have thought they would like Lance due to the limited number of games played. Good luck.

I think the first draft I really got into was 1969. I was so fired up over the prospects of WR Ron Sellers -- our first round pick that year that I called into a sports show on WHDH to predict he'd be a superstar and the host (don't remember who it was --Guy Mainella maybe?) pretty much laughed at me "sure, kid, sure". I was 13. Sellers had crazy good hands, but I didn't realize that he was too slow and skinny to make a major impact and was always hurt, but, I had the fever and never felt like stopping. I very much remember that the Sunday Boston Globe would have a couple of pages where they'd list all the picks in order and by team and highlight what the Patriots did and it was way better than trying to read that stuff on a screen. I'd read every word of what Will McDonough wrote even though he would usually pan what the Pats did and he was usually right.

I personally don't buy that right now, but starting Thursday night anything is possible and if we end up taking him we'll soon be hearing all kinds of reasons why he was THE sleeper of the entire draft and was the guy we wanted all along. Then, I might want to recall that I didn't like Mahomes, either.
Usually the younger callers on sports radio are the most interesting, actually asking interesting questions. Not the ranting adults. Too bad you got the "kid treatment".

I didn't like Mahomes either coming out. Also thought the University of Washington QB (name escapes me at the moment) would have a better career than Aikman.

I am thinking more and more that we end up trading #2 for Jimmy. It just makes too much sense not to do it and get the QB who knows our system on the cheap and then take a QB in the later rounds to develop.

I am thinking more and more that we end up trading #2 for Jimmy. It just makes too much sense not to do it and get the QB who knows our system on the cheap and then take a QB in the later rounds to develop.
my hope is they send 3rd round #96 for jimmy then Use the 1st and 2nd rounder on LB/Corner or if a WR falls to 15 like waddle or smith. other wise hope a QB falls to 15 if not trade up I suppose. Going to be fun to watch. I just hope i have heard of the guy we draft :)

Yeah, he's cheap... :coffee:
Carolina is paying most of his salary. What a terrible deal for them. Good for the Broncos though. Seems strange though as they have Lock and I think will take a QB in the top 10 as well. I went over to the Mane and they are scratching their heads at this move. LOL

Back