The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

Carolina is paying most of his salary. What a terrible deal for them. Good for the Broncos though. Seems strange though as they have Lock and I think will take a QB in the top 10 as well. I went over to the Mane and they are scratching their heads at this move. LOL
he restructured too

If It came down to getting Jimmy and a couple of good WR and defensive prospects then I could be reasonably optimistic that 2021 could be much better than the abberation. That's what I've decided to call it from now on. Is it possible that Jimmy could stay healthy and maybe even feel more comfortable under Josh and Bill than he did in SF? Yes, it is possible.

Of course, there are the missed games to consider, but Jimmy has played some really high-level QB over the course of his career, which I could point out is far from over. That is more than Miami or New York have going into the season. Keep him patched up and keep a lid on the high-risk passes to carry the load himself and he could be very effective for us.

I think it would be pretty ironic if we got him back for a 2nd rounder. I think it is clear after Shanny II's comments that he is all done in San Francisco and will have that for extra motivation. I approve this idea as a potential Plan B.

Plan A -- land Jones, Fields or Lance
Plan B -- Jimmy G.
Plan C -- Davis Mills or possibly Trask
Plan D -- Cam and Stidham and hope for the best
Plan A=Duckboats
Plan B=$8
Plan C=Confetti
Plan D=Lombardi

:coffee:

Last edited:
Carolina is paying most of his salary. What a terrible deal for them. Good for the Broncos though. Seems strange though as they have Lock and I think will take a QB in the top 10 as well. I went over to the Mane and they are scratching their heads at this move. LOL
Why would the Donkos draft a QB then???? Parsons or a CB would be my guess...

I am thinking more and more that we end up trading #2 for Jimmy. It just makes too much sense not to do it and get the QB who knows our system on the cheap and then take a QB in the later rounds to develop.

There's absolutely no reason for Pats to trade for Garoppolo. Based on Shannahan's last comments it seems that if they don't find a trade partner they might just cut their losses and release him. Him having the no trade clause really makes it difficult for the Niners to deal him. And Pats, at his current contract can't even afford him. He's not worth being in cap hell for. I rather Pats draft a rookie, let him sit behind Cam and play him when he's ready. Jimmy is too expensive to potentially land on IR at any given moment.

After months of research on all the draft prospects, here is my solid 1st round choice for the Patriots.
With the 15th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the NE Patriots select - that guy or maybe this guy.

There's absolutely no reason for Pats to trade for Garoppolo. Based on Shannahan's last comments it seems that if they don't find a trade partner they might just cut their losses and release him. Him having the no trade clause really makes it difficult for the Niners to deal him. And Pats, at his current contract can't even afford him. He's not worth being in cap hell for. I rather Pats draft a rookie, let him sit behind Cam and play him when he's ready. Jimmy is too expensive to potentially land on IR at any given moment.
Bill loves the guy and he will most likely come cheap. That is pretty much right up Bill's alley. I would rather the draft pick too but if given the choice, I think Bill takes the known commodity at a cheap price. It has always been MO.

Bill loves the guy and he will most likely come cheap. That is pretty much right up Bill's alley. I would rather the draft pick too but if given the choice, I think Bill takes the known commodity at a cheap price. It has always been MO.

I think if BB wanted Jimmy the deal would have been done a month ago. I think it makes way more sense for BB to draft a QB; even if it's a 2nd-3rd rounder. If BB had eyes on Jimmy I don't think Cam would be here.

Why would the Donkos draft a QB then???? Parsons or a CB would be my guess...
I think if someone they like falls to them they'll draft him, but it may stop them from trading up. Maybe they just decided it would be cost prohibitive to move up, so they are adding another stop gap. I mean Bridgewater for a 6th isn't exactly a big investment, or a long term plan.

I ask this every year with varying amounts of success.

During the draft, could someone who is logged in and watching post a new thread for each Patriots pick? Draft pick trades are fine in the Megathread, but I really like to break the players out to have their own threads (plus I can crosspost new threads to Twitter and Snapface).

I think if BB wanted Jimmy the deal would have been done a month ago. I think it makes way more sense for BB to draft a QB; even if it's a 2nd-3rd rounder. If BB had eyes on Jimmy I don't think Cam would be here.
I think BB prefers drafting a rookie QB this year, unless all of them are already gone, then getting JimmyG as a backup plan.

After months of research on all the draft prospects, here is my solid 1st round choice for the Patriots.
With the 15th pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, the NE Patriots select - that guy or maybe this guy.
don't forget the option to trade down for multiple 3rd round picks so they can take ever Rutgers safety :coffee:

PFF never listed that mammoth Minnesota Golden Gopher oline guy (Daniel Faalele)...and just recently added Stone Forsythe.

Last edited:
P
I ask this every year with varying amounts of success.

During the draft, could someone who is logged in and watching post a new thread for each Patriots pick? Draft pick trades are fine in the Megathread, but I really like to break the players out to have their own threads (plus I can crosspost new threads to Twitter and Snapface).
Perhaps chevss454 could do that if he wants. His post on this thread have been very informative and have screwed with my head. :cool:

So, there really is a snapface?

Back