The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

I don't know how long you've followed the Patriots, but I used to get frustrated as hell watching the Pats try to sack or even pressure Dan Marino. Talk about getting rid of the ball fast.

The Patriots.com guys said Stidham has a physical issue that will not be resolved quickly. And the team decided that now was the best time to straighten it out.

Shoulder surgery is possible from what I'm told.

Jeff gives a very detailed account of the QB competition which is tedious reading especially for the first day of camp when nothing will be decided.
I'll pass on pasting all that in favor of this summary from Jeff Howe

• This wasn’t a banner day for the passing attack as a whole. Regarding the receivers, Jakobi Meyers wasn’t targeted by Newton or Jones, while Harry had a couple late touchdowns to create some early momentum in the chase for the No. 4 spot on the depth chart. Gunner Olszewski was better than Isaiah Zuber, Kristian Wilkerson, Devin Ross, Marvin Hall and Tre Nixon in the race for the next job – which could also be the fourth spot on the depth chart if Harry doesn’t stick around.
• McMillan and Phillips had interceptions against Newton. Hightower and Bryant broke up Hoyer passes. Mills and Phillips broke up Newton passes. Michael Jackson and Godchaux broke up Jones passes.
• There were four drops in team drills. White dropped a Newton pass that was picked. Zuber dropped a Hoyer pass. LaCosse and Ross dropped Jones passes.
• Van Noy moved all across the defense.
• Matt Judon had an active practice.
Josh Uche bulked up this offseason and should make a much greater impact in year two.
• With Asiasi (COVID-19) and Keene (PUP) out of action, it’s a frustrating start to camp for the 2020 third-round tight ends. Ditto for Jennings, the third-round linebacker who also had some injury issues as a rookie.
• The quarterbacks picked on Joejuan Williams quite a bit.

I was glad to read from Jeff and a few others that Jones effortlessly gets through his progressions quickly and throws with anticipation and either touch or velocity depending on the situation. The D is always ahead of the O early in training camp so the offensive miscues should be expected. The drops are killing me.

As an aside, I'm told Stidham's issue is with his shoulder which may need surgery.

Jeff gives a very detailed account of the QB competition which is tedious reading especially for the first day of camp when nothing will be decided.
I'll pass on pasting all that in favor of this summary from Jeff Howe

• This wasn’t a banner day for the passing attack as a whole. Regarding the receivers, Jakobi Meyers wasn’t targeted by Newton or Jones, while Harry had a couple late touchdowns to create some early momentum in the chase for the No. 4 spot on the depth chart. Gunner Olszewski was better than Isaiah Zuber, Kristian Wilkerson, Devin Ross, Marvin Hall and Tre Nixon in the race for the next job – which could also be the fourth spot on the depth chart if Harry doesn’t stick around.
• McMillan and Phillips had interceptions against Newton. Hightower and Bryant broke up Hoyer passes. Mills and Phillips broke up Newton passes. Michael Jackson and Godchaux broke up Jones passes.
• There were four drops in team drills. White dropped a Newton pass that was picked. Zuber dropped a Hoyer pass. LaCosse and Ross dropped Jones passes.
• Van Noy moved all across the defense.
• Matt Judon had an active practice.
Josh Uche bulked up this offseason and should make a much greater impact in year two.
• With Asiasi (COVID-19) and Keene (PUP) out of action, it’s a frustrating start to camp for the 2020 third-round tight ends. Ditto for Jennings, the third-round linebacker who also had some injury issues as a rookie.
• The quarterbacks picked on Joejuan Williams quite a bit.

I was glad to read from Jeff and a few others that Jones effortlessly gets through his progressions quickly and throws with anticipation and either touch or velocity depending on the situation. The D is always ahead of the O early in training camp so the offensive miscues should be expected. The drops are killing me.

As an aside, I'm told Stidham's issue is with his shoulder which may need surgery.
What a terrible report overall in terms of the QBs. Thank goodness it is only day one so plenty of time to improve.

What's up with Stidham? I assume it's his throwing shoulder? If something happens to Cam and Jones is not ready then we are stuck with Hoyer which is a nightmare scenario none of us wants. Unless of course Hoyer is cut due to the vax issue.

What a terrible report overall in terms of the QBs. Thank goodness it is only day one so plenty of time to improve.

What's up with Stidham? I assume it's his throwing shoulder? If something happens to Cam and Jones is not ready then we are stuck with Hoyer which is a nightmare scenario none of us wants. Unless of course Hoyer is cut due to the vax issue.

We signed a QB yesterday. Keep up, please.

We signed a QB yesterday. Keep up, please.
I saw that. Jake somebody. That gives me so much hope. LOL

What's up with Stid? Did he hurt it in mini-camp?

One thing to keep in mind for this year's TC, our defense is a lot better this year than last year which may explain some of the offenses' early woes.

Back