The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

Through five practices, Newton is 57 of 92 (62.0 percent) with three interceptions in team drills. He is 23 of 48 (47.9 percent) with an interception in 11-on-11s against the starting defense. As noted Saturday, Newton has exclusively worked with the starting offense during those higher-intensity reps.

Jones is 58 of 95 overall (61.1 percent), including 17 of 40 (42.5 percent) in 11-on-11s against the starting defense. However, Jones has also worked with a mixture of starters and backups – particularly on the offensive line – during those periods.

Both quarterbacks have clearly cleaned up against the scout team defense. Very curious to see if there will be a point in camp when there’s an increased emphasis for the starting offense to work against the starting defense. That’d be a better chance to assess the quarterbacks as they jockey for position on the depth chart. Jeff Howe
Their numbers are pretty awful vs the starters.
The first preseason game can't get here fast enough.

Channel 88 is the NFL channel on Sirius. They'll be talking about the Patriots this afternoon

E7wasOCXIAAGSqV

Kirwan and Miller raved about our LBs, DBs and DEs but are a little suspect about the DTs but agreed they'd be better than last year. Top 5 units.
I didn't hear what they said about our O. Anybody hear?

Kirwan and Miller raved about our LBs, DBs and DEs but are a little suspect about the DTs but agreed they'd be better than last year. Top 5 units.
I didn't hear what they said about our O. Anybody hear?
Multi-tasked while they were on. I don't remember them giving "grades" for O or D. Just units as you said above. Suspect of the QB situation. Liked RB's, TE's, O-Line (but not deep)...

I heard Saturday was overflowing and they had to open up the gates of the stadium. But 6am on a Tuesday will be slower...
Also work days too. I would think it will pick up as we get closer to the first preseason game. I really wish it was this week. I am down the Cape and could have watched all of it.

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1422571816934051848

Mac picked by Ja’Whaun Bentley in 11s. Second INT in as many days for Bentley. Dropped underneath Bourne’s route.
Nelson Agholor undressed Joejuan Williams on a “blaze” out during 1v1s. He also dropped a catchable go ball, though. (drops have always been Agholor's problem)
Kendrick Bourne won all three reps against J.C. Jackson in 1v1s. Ran an under, out route, and stop route.
Not a good start for Mac Jones today. Picked by Bentley then missed a wide open Jakobi Meyers in the middle of the field and threw incomplete. Still early. Still a rookie.

View: https://twitter.com/iambrianhines/status/1422572548903026694

Mac Jones, working with the tight ends, was just picked off by Myles Bryant.
Mac Jones with another interception, this time by Ja’Whaun Bentley
Kristian Wilkerson continues to work directly with Matthew Slater in gunner drills. (BB will try to find a place for Wilkerson who is balling so far.)

View: https://twitter.com/_AndrewCallahan/status/1422568680513228802
Another 1-on-1 pass rush period. - Judon went by Trent Brown untouched for a sack with an outside-inside move. - Barmore beat James Ferentz. - Two more losses for Adams, who's been repping with the scout-team defense in team periods.
NFL referee Clete Blakeman is here with his crew to officiate practice.

Back