The 2023 AFC East

Right now Miami is the #1 seed in the AFC. 🙀

Right now Miami is the #1 seed in the AFC. 🙀

Yes, but...
Titans, Jets, Cowboys, Ravens and Bills are coming up on their schedule. I see 2 losses coming their way and possibly 3 if the Bills get their act together and beat them again.
The Dolphins have issues with good teams.
In fact the Dolphins have not beaten a team with a winning record since Week 3, 2022 when they beat the Bills 21-19 in Miami.
This is a theme with HC Mike McDaniel.

Yes, but...
Titans, Jets, Cowboys, Ravens and Bills are coming up on their schedule. I see 2 losses coming their way and possibly 3 if the Bills get their act together and beat them again.
The Dolphins have issues with good teams.
In fact the Dolphins have not beaten a team with a winning record since Week 3, 2022 when they beat the Bills 21-19 in Miami.
This is a theme with HC Mike McDaniel.

Another thing about the Dolphins - when they don't have to run the ball, they run it well; when they have to run the ball, to run time off the clock, for instance, they can't do it.

Great article about McDermott.
A snippet...there's lots more. This one is free. Parts 2 and 3 are behind a paywall. BSF?

The great mystery of the 2023 NFL season — What happened to the Buffalo Bills? — is no mystery at all.

It’s McDermott. It’s always been McDermott.

He’s a coaching relic routinely paralyzed by fear late in games. He never imagines what could go right with 20 seconds left in regulation, instead forever horrified of what could go wrong. Oblivious to the reality that he employs one of the sport’s most talented quarterbacks. The word you’ll hear constantly from those who’ve been around McDermott is “tight.” He’s so incomprehensibly tight, they say, players cannot help but stiffen up themselves. As if the head coach uses the 2-minute warning to administer mass lobotomies on his team.

He’s an unnatural communicator, a “robot.”

He’s described repeatedly as a “blamer.” Coaches see a boss who preaches accountability while taking none himself. As the Titanic inches toward an iceberg, this captain shoves passengers aside to secure his own lifeboat.

He has never managed to truly connect with the most important player on the team: Josh Allen.

This is the man who ended the team’s 17-year playoff drought, who restored order and discipline to the moldy frat house Rex Ryan left behind. McDermott also guided the Bills through the near-death of a player. Damar Hamlin’s heart stopped, a football game was cancelled, a nation was forced to reconcile with its love of football. He deserved every rose of praise for navigating a team through such a surreal moment in time.

But if the goal is to win a Super Bowl, the Bills have one option: Fire the head coach before its too late.

This three-part series is the culmination of extended interviews with 25 coaches, players, personnel men and other team sources who’ve passed through One Bills Drive. Many were granted anonymity to speak freely without the fear of retribution.

I still think the Bills have a chance at catching Miami for the division. Dallas will be tough though this weekend.

I don’t think Dallas can keep up outside in Buffalo’s cold weather. I’ll take the Bills in that one.

I don’t think Dallas can keep up outside in Buffalo’s cold weather. I’ll take the Bills in that one.

That game will tell a lot about both teams.
The forecast is for 45-49 degrees and light drizzle. It won't be cold. The wind will be 10-15 mph so it may be an issue at times.
Go Cowboys! (🤮)

I still think the Bills have a chance at catching Miami for the division. Dallas will be tough though this weekend.

9-4 Miami's remaining schedule

W Jets (10-4)
L Cowboys (10-5)
L Ravens (10-6)
L Bills (10-7)

I see 3 losses coming up for the Dolphins. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record in a long time. The Bills will have a winning record by their Jan. 7 game.

7-6 Bills remaining schedule

L Cowboys (7-7)
W Chargers ((8-7)
W Patriots (9-7)
W Dolphins (10-7)

The Bills have beaten Miami already this year. Any given Sunday but a chance to catch Miami is pretty damn good.

We have a chance to be a spoiler for Buffalo. Game is in Buffalo. W for Buffalo but BB still makes McDermott look bad.

9-4 Miami's remaining schedule

W Jets (10-4)
L Cowboys (10-5)
L Ravens (10-6)
L Bills (10-7)

I see 3 losses coming up for the Dolphins. They haven't beaten a team with a winning record in a long time. The Bills will have a winning record by their Jan. 7 game.

7-6 Bills remaining schedule

L Cowboys (7-7)
W Chargers ((8-7)
W Patriots (9-7)
W Dolphins (10-7)

The Bills have beaten Miami already this year. Any given Sunday but a chance to catch Miami is pretty damn good.

We have a chance to be a spoiler for Buffalo. Game is in Buffalo. W for Buffalo but BB still makes McDermott look bad.
The loss to the Titans might be what costs the Fins the division.

Back