The 2024 Draft

Totally agree with what most are saying here. If it's Maye at 3, we jump all over it and take him, no debate. And in the same vein, if it's Daniels at 3, we do the same thing.

There shouldn't really be discussions about this, as there are no other options UNLESS a team went batshit crazy and offered NE a Jimmy Johnson Cowboy-style haul in exchange for the 3 picks. And remember, Johnson already had Aikman when he made that Walker bumper trade. We need a QB; there is nobody decent left in FA, so we have to take one in the draft.
I would not draft Maye. I would draft Daniels. I would draft JJ after a trade down to 5th or 6th picking up another 2nd rounder.
I'd rather take a chance on Bo Nix late in the 1st than Williams or Maye at 3.

Well, as much as I disliked Bo Nix at Auburn and don't trust his overall ability, he does have the highest completion % of any QB in this draft.
Completion % goes down an average of 10% from college to the NFL so his would still be 'pretty good'. However, his short, intermediate and deep middle and intermediate and
deep right needs improvement. Arm strength concerns me.

View: https://twitter.com/RecepPerception/status/1774889475480633706

Last edited:

GJIDnZdbwAAVD1Q

Last edited:
My question on Daniels...how much did his 2 great WRs contribute to his stats and magnify his ability?

Believe Mac Jones holds the record for best pass completion percentage for college QBs till now.

There are too many rumours on this now for it to be just finger-in-the-air speculation.

There are too many rumours on this now for it to be just finger-in-the-air speculation.

All made up shit. Like reporters and media personalities and ex-players actually know who's first on teams' draft boards. Even if they did have a contact who blabbed who's to say he wasn't blowing smoke?

This must be a rough time for guys in the media. Some make us stuff and start rumors to get clicks and the others need to do the same or lose ground in the ratings race.

Totally ridiculous. He is 5th round material.
I have not seen any rankings lately that have him under top 15. Several have him in the top 10. A few in the top 5.
I've stated before, if we can do a slight trade down and pick up another 2nd, I would take him take him over Maye. Let him sit behind Jacolby for a year.
Just think of him as a Spartan and not a Wolverine. :D

Just think of him as a Spartan and not a Wolverine. :D

That IS funny.

No can do.

Edit: To be entirely honest, the guy just didn't DO enough to warrant ANY of the hype. Is he capable? Maybe, but how can anyone bet a first round draft pick on HIS output? No one can know what he can do in game.

Last edited:
Ive got no desire to be waiting for Daniel’s to tweak an ankle or elbow every October after flashing 6 electric games in September.
I read some quote from an nfl exec saying Maye is the QB who will get you fired. The guy is right. Maye will require good coaching and could bomb without it, but if he gets it he can go the distance. Daniels it won’t matter what kind of coaching he gets. He’s gonna do his thing, then get dinged up, and won’t be able to fall back on his arm without his legs. Whoever pulled the trigger on drafting him can say well he looked great until……….(insert injury). I don’t think most people realize just how slight of frame 210 is for someone who’s 6’4. And if he’s reportedly 210 he’s probably 205 after drinking a lot of water.
Not only that but Daniels has had the best offensive talent around him of any QB coming out of college in years.
Watch Justin Fields pro day and tell me Daniels is better than him. Why would anyone want to draft him at 3 when Fields just went for a 4th rounder?

Hopefully the Skins act like the Skins, and take that decision off the table for the Pats.

Ive got no desire to be waiting for Daniel’s to tweak an ankle or elbow every October after flashing 6 electric games in September.
I read some quote from an nfl exec saying Maye is the QB who will get you fired. The guy is right. Maye will require good coaching and could bomb without it, but if he gets it he can go the distance. Daniels it won’t matter what kind of coaching he gets. He’s gonna do his thing, then get dinged up, and won’t be able to fall back on his arm without his legs. Whoever pulled the trigger on drafting him can say well he looked great until……….(insert injury). I don’t think most people realize just how slight of frame 210 is for someone who’s 6’4. And if he’s reportedly 210 he’s probably 205 after drinking a lot of water.
Not only that but Daniels has had the best offensive talent around him of any QB coming out of college in years.
Watch Justin Fields pro day and tell me Daniels is better than him. Why would anyone want to draft him at 3 when Fields just went for a 4th rounder?

Hopefully the Skins act like the Skins, and take that decision off the table for the Pats.

That's what I worry about with Maye. That he needs a Norv Turner or a Mike Shanahan to set him on the right path.

I have concerns about both of them, but I also heard lots of concerns about CJ Stroud and "he's a product of Ohio State" and I think there was some claims he wasn't the smartest QB (forget but if we look back there were the same pro and con click-bait articles and mock drafts stuff we are wading thru now)

so who the hell knows. Clearly you give a QB a good line and top WR's they are going to look good/better. toss these guys behind a crap line and no weapons then you will likely end up with exactly what you'd expect. Daniels I worry about injury more then Maye. beyond that my opinion is as useful as anyone else's (meaning useless :coffee: )

Back