The 2024 Draft

Which current QBs will be on the market now? Who could we realistically get if we weren't to pick a QB in the first round and went with MHJ and a tackle say first? I mean look at Mayfield and what he has done in Tampa.

I disagree, it goes back to how many holes we have to fill, we need future picks as much as we need this years.

In fact the only reach I wouldn't draft MHJ, is to drop back 2 or 3 slots, pick up another 2nd this year, and take one of the OTs.

Oh no, you don't draft a tackle that high unless you have the QB. BPA available is the key unless a team goes stupid in a trade offer.

Yes and no. If this year proved anything, we need capable backups.

I just can't, with another year of Myles Bryant. I just can't. We have to do better than that.

Hopefully CB Mike Sainristil (Michigan) is available on day 3. He's a little shorter than I would like. But he's a baller with experience at several positions. I say day 3 because Day 1 & 2 needs to be offense.

Oh no, you don't draft a tackle that high unless you have the QB. BPA available is the key unless a team goes stupid in a trade offer.
I would also say you don't draft a QB that high if you don't have the OT.....Most of the best OTs and QBs have been picked in the top of the draft.

Which current QBs will be on the market now? Who could we realistically get if we weren't to pick a QB in the first round and went with MHJ and a tackle say first? I mean look at Mayfield and what he has done in Tampa.
Mayfield - although I think he'd need a pressure campaign to leave Tampa. Russell Wilson, if you want a steady checkdown Charlie, although he's 35 - Cousins, but he'll be 36. Flacco will be 40, another checkdown Charlie. You might be able to trade for a Fields, but I'm not entirely sure that's a big improvement over what we have now. I think Minschew's a FA, but eh. Same for Taylor Heineke, Jacoby Brissett.

I wouldn't hate Brissett here, if there's a young QB there developing as well - I'm sure he can function in the offense at least. No miracles, but he's a taller Zappe with a better arm.

What everyone, especially the young fans, needs to finally buckle in for is a real rebuild. This fanbase has been very spoiled, but the team is very deficient in high end talent.

Everyone is going to say you have to take the QB, but reaching for QBs is one of the sure ways to stay on the carousel of suck. Not only do you probably need to pick another QB in a couple of years, you also miss out on an actual talent.

In all likelihood the most talented player in the draft is going to fall in our laps because this is a QB driven league....don't over think it, take MHJ.

...but who is going to throw to him? I don't know, but you can say the same thing about picking a QB...who are they going to throw to? Who is going to protect them?

BPA at a position of need should be the story of this draft.

Sure take a QB, but take a guy with issues in the 3rd or 4th round, not 3rd overall. Use the draft to improve the Offense overall, so that the next QB, likely in '25 or '26, actually has a chance to be successful.

Absolutely go BPA (offensive player), but unless Jayden Daniels goes #1 or #2 MHJ won't be the BPA. Then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You get BPA who is also your biggest need. Plus, to be honest, I prefer Malik Nabers. Nabers had 22 more catches for 348 more yards this year than MHJ.

i'd love cousins but he'd likely be $$$$$$$
mayfield or jacoby are good w/me too.
don't want,but might jimmy g be back out there depending on h.c. choice?

i'd love cousins but he'd likely be $$$$$$$
mayfield or jacoby are good w/me too.
don't want,but might jimmy g be back out there depending on h.c. choice?
That's not an either/or for me, by the way - I think if you bring in Mayfield, you're signalling a run for this year - Jacoby's a bridge QB.

I am..intrigued...with the idea of Jimmy G. You won't be paying nearly as much for him as SF/LV did. So intrigued, in fact, that I haven't let my mind wander too much in that direction.

Absolutely go BPA (offensive player), but unless Jayden Daniels goes #1 or #2 MHJ won't be the BPA. Then you kill 2 birds with 1 stone. You get BPA who is also your biggest need. Plus, to be honest, I prefer Malik Nabers. Nabers had 22 more catches for 348 more yards this year than MHJ.

I just don't see what people see in Daniels, most of his highlights just show him throwing deep balls to open WRs, or WRs making good catches. Yeah, he can run, but call me silly, I still want a QB than can read and make throws to all levels first.

That's not an either/or for me, by the way - I think if you bring in Mayfield, you're signalling a run for this year - Jacoby's a bridge QB.

I am..intrigued...with the idea of Jimmy G. You won't be paying nearly as much for him as SF/LV did. So intrigued, in fact, that I haven't let my mind wander too much in that direction.
with j.g. my hesitancy is his availability. but...gonna have to have a good backup for sure anyway.

I just don't see what people see in Daniels, most of his highlights just show him throwing deep balls to open WRs, or WRs making good catches. Yeah, he can run, but call me silly, I still want a QB than can read and make throws to all levels first.
That's what they see. That's usually what they see with Drake Maye too, if we're being honest.

Let's be honest, most people around here don't watch college football, and just gravitate to names they've heard about. I think Daniels could be something, and I'd probably have him in the 2nd round, but he'll probably go top 10.

That's what they see. That's usually what they see with Drake Maye too, if we're being honest.

Let's be honest, most people around here don't watch college football, and just gravitate to names they've heard about. I think Daniels could be something, and I'd probably have him in the 2nd round, but he'll probably go top 10.
this is how a lot of people make a lot of decisions. 😄

I use future assets to move up and grab one of the QBs if you like one of them. At some point you need a QB in the draft this year and preferably in the first round. MHJ with a young QB is a good move. Then draft your tackles and look for a 3rd down back.
I would also do this actually…especially this year.

If Williams wants to come here, if he thinks a team like the Patriots under BB is the right fit then straight away you know you're onto a winner. If a QB like him is mature enough to see what a team like the Pats could do for him with it's team first and work hard mentality, then by god move heaven and earth to get him.

Back