The first memberless high school head football coach hired

southcarolina

But, really, im not southcarolina
Reaction score
Natalie Randolph, a 29-year-old biology and environmental sciences teacher, was introduced Friday as the coach of the school's Coolidge Colts. She's believed to be the nation's only female head coach of a high school varsity football team.

''While I'm proud to be part of what this all means,'' Randolph said, ''being female has nothing to do with it. I love football. I love football, I love teaching, I love these kids. My being female has nothing to do with my support and respect for my players on the field and in the classroom.''

Randolph was chosen from about 15 candidates after the previous coach resigned. The Washington native and University of Virginia track star played six seasons as a receiver for the D.C. Divas of the National Women's Football Association, helping the team win the title in 2006.

She also was an assistant coach from 2006-08 at another D.C. high school, H.D. Woodson, where opposing coaches would throw funny looks her way when told she was on the staff.

Saw her on tv earlier this morning. She has her masters in education, and used to play pro football and is kinds cute too :)

19LZS5k3Kv6s.jpg

I'm gonna get blasted for this but it's a joke.

If I'm a football player theres no way this chick is getting me pumped up for a game. Are the players going to respect her? Probably not.

Doesn't matter how great she is with the X's and O's if the players dont want to play for you, nothing is going to work.

Now, MAYBE this will work out because it's in high school, but I know what's coming next with the media: 'Who's going to be the first female college football/NFL coach' and that's never going to happen.

Wait...used to play pro football? When did the Patriots cut Maroney and did this lead to him getting a sex change?

Thats not LoMo. This chick can hit a hole in a timely manner.

Playing for a female would've been hilarious. I would've just called my own plays in the huddle. Also, practice would've been funny, too.

Coach: "MD, you gotta work on hitting that out."
MD: "Coach, why don't you show me how? Oh, that's right. You can't throw a 15 yard out underhand."

I'm gonna get blasted for this but it's a joke.

If I'm a football player theres no way this chick is getting me pumped up for a game. Are the players going to respect her? Probably not.

Doesn't matter how great she is with the X's and O's if the players dont want to play for you, nothing is going to work.

Now, MAYBE this will work out because it's in high school, but I know what's coming next with the media: 'Who's going to be the first female college football/NFL coach' and that's never going to happen.

Conner strength coach is a woman and she is THE most respected coach on the whole staff not just by the players but by the OTHER coaches. Olympic athlete who knows her stuff and has been responsible for an average 0f 8 NCAA football scholarships on average since she came in. Her dad is actually a former Patriot and she is AMAZING and could certainly be a HC someday if she chose.

It IS uncommon but how can you just go right to the "players don't want to play " for her because she doesn't have a dick?? Ugh..

Playing for a female would've been hilarious. I would've just called my own plays in the huddle. Also, practice would've been funny, too.

MD: "Coach, why don't you show me how? Oh, that's right. You can't throw a 15 yard out underhand."

Bill Belichick couldnt make that throw either.

I'm so gonna kick your ass when I see you this year.:) Bunch of chest beating BS.:)>)

Back