The Golf thread

His 4th career ace. Tiger 20. Art wall Jr. had a preposterous 45 career aces.

Cceers
I've played thousands of rounds over the last 38 years and for a lot of that time I carried a seven and I'm still stuck at zero.:ROFLMAO:

I've played thousands of rounds over the last 38 years and for a lot of that time I carried a seven and I'm still stuck at zero.:ROFLMAO:
Lol 2 its all luck for real lol. Hubby and I are tied. I’ve beaten a bunch of his friend they are single digit handicaps..... Trust me not a huge accomplishment and you have to buy a round afterwards.

~Dee~

I have a soft spot for Speith, but he just can't get it done right now.

Hatten is busy talking to himself.

I guess if I were choosing I'm pulling for English.

Drive for show putt for dough.... the older I get the more my short game has evolved. My hubby taught me everything and he has conceded I chip and putt way better then he ... and he taught me everything I know about golf.

~Dee~

Didn't realize that The Players Championship starts today.
I could watch players hitting to the Island green, 17th hole, all day. Just the relief on their faces that they made dry land.
Just saw a guy eagle the 16th hole and feeling good, only to put it in the water and double boggie the 17th.
Just watched a PGA professional hit 3 tee shots in the water on the 18th. Never seen that before, he was hitting his 7th shot off the tee before it found dry land.

Last edited:
Didn't realize that The Players Championship starts today.
I could watch players hitting to the Island green, 17th hole, all day. Just the relief on their faces that they made dry land.
Just saw a guy eagle the 16th hole and feeling good, only to put it in the water and double boggie the 17th.
Just watched a PGA professional hit 3 tee shots in the water on the 18th. Never seen that before, he was hitting his 7th shot off the tee before it found dry land.
thanks for reminding me.... I had been thinking about this tourney this week but forgot it was Thursday/Round 1 as I was busy with other stuff. caught a couple of hours of it and love the 17th hole. going to really try and catch a lot of this tournament as I like that course.
EDIT - PP already mentioned this... doh! - Forget who it was, but on the 18th he put three straight drives into the water. on his fourth he played it so safe it was in that pine shit on teh other side of the fairway and I believe he ended up with a 10
Saw another guy miss a double bogey putt, then he was to quick on the "tap in" and missed that! got a 7 on what must have been a par 3 (would have to recheck but it was just a bad break/rush on his part). we've all done it, but we aren't in the PGA :coffee:

I would love to try that 17th hole. It might take me a bucket of balls to make it on, but it would be fun.
Not fun for these professionals because every ball that goes in the water means $ to them.

Lol 2 its all luck for real lol. Hubby and I are tied. I’ve beaten a bunch of his friend they are single digit handicaps..... Trust me not a huge accomplishment and you have to buy a round afterwards.

~Dee~
Not entirely luck. Art wall Jr. and his father were both masters of the par three. If you are landing in the middle of the green on way more par threes than most, you're likely to luck into way more aces than most.

Cheers

Seems like Scheffler is the man to beat. Would be a great story for one of the lesser knowns to pull it out, but if I had to put money on it Scheffler is the choice. Let’s see how some of the “lesser knowns”do on round 4

Last edited:
I would love to try that 17th hole. It might take me a bucket of balls to make it on, but it would be fun.
Not fun for these professionals because every ball that goes in the water means $ to them.
Seems like Scheffler is the man to beat. Would be a great story for one of the lesser knowns to pull it out, but if I had to put money on it Scheffler is the choice. Let’s see how some of the “lesser knowns”do on round 4
He is so rock solid. Nothing seems to rattle him. I sweat over a 6 footer in a wolf game. LOL.

Slightly off topic

RULES OMG

The Air Rule

“If a gust of wind moves your ball, you can play it from its new position. But if artificially propelled air moves your ball, you must replace it without penalty.” – USGA decision 18-1/2.
Wait, what? That’s right, the wind is your friend, but if someone comes along with a giant fan that moves your ball, you must return it to where it started from. The mind races with all of the hilarious cartoon style antics that must have occurred to give way to a rule such as this!

The Orange Rule

“If your ball is lodged in an orange, you cannot take relief without penalty.” – USGA decision 23/10.
We’re sorry, but did they really mean orange? Are there really so many golf courses with orange trees that this needed to become an actual rule? What happens if you don’t want to take the penalty? Do you just hit the ball while it’s still inside the orange? What if the orange is still in the tree? Do we just chuck the club at it? There are so many questions that arise from this one sentence rule.

The Cactus Rule

“If your ball comes to rest next to a cactus, you may wrap an arm or leg in a towel to protect yourself from the needles when you play your shot. But you can’t cover the cactus with a towel.” – USGA decision 1-2/10.
…Um…ok.

The Flying Insect Rule

“If the player’s ball lies in a hazard, the insect is considered to be in the hazard and the player may not touch or physically remove the insect from the ball (Rule 13-4c). However, as the insect is animate and capable of moving on its own, the player may take action, such as waving his hand, a club or towel, to encourage the insect to move.” – USGA decision 13-4c/16.5.
Boy, would we have loved to be a fly on the wall during the discussion of adding this rule!

The Water Bottle Rule

“You cannot place a water bottle on a green and use it as a level to determine how a putt will break.” – USGA decision 14-3/12.5.
We mere mortals who are NOT playing on the PGA circuit need some tricks up our sleeve. Oh well.

The Spit Rule

“You may spit on your clubface before playing a shot to clean it, but not if you’re trying to reduce spin to hit a straighter shot.” – USGA decision 4-2/4
All we can say to that is, “Don’t judge us! Our clubs are VERY dirty!”

The Clubhead Fell Off Rule

“If the clubhead falls off during the backswing, and you complete the swing but miss the ball it does not count as a stroke. If the clubhead falls off during the downswing and you complete the swing but miss the ball, it counts as a stroke.” – USGA decisions 14/2 and 14/3.
As if the game wasn’t challenging enough, now you want to penalize us for equipment malfunctions? Come on golf, we’re friends. Can’t we call a mulligan?

The Clubhouse Rule

“If a shot ends up in the clubhouse, and the clubhouse is not out-of-bounds, you can open a door or window and play the next shot without penalty.” – USGA decision 24-2b/14.

The only one of those I ever heard of was the water rule cause my Brother-in-law used to do it sometimes at south shore CC in Hingham and got called out once. But they are all a HOOT.

Cheers

He is so rock solid. Nothing seems to rattle him. I sweat over a 6 footer in a wolf game. LOL.
TBH - once Sheffler opened a big lead, I turned it off and went to the driving range. I had no doubts he was winning.

Scotty played a great final round. While just about everyone else who was in contention at the start collapsed, he was in his own world.

No mention of Rahm for over two days. Stomach flu? Shitty start and wanted out?

Back