The Golf thread

I've been limited to playing 9 holes. Will start trying to play additional hole starting the last week of this month.
Anyway for the last 6 rounds my scores have been 45,46,45,46,45,46. I guess that's being consistent.

Log the 45 you will shoot next and goo to the bar instead.

Was impressed yesterday watching some of rookie Austin Eckroat. He's only 24 and had to play in a qualifying round on Monday to get in to the Byron Nelson tourney. He finished tied for 2nd and won $875,000.
And Jason Day won his first tourney in 5 years after being one of the best on the tour 6 to 7 years ago.

Was impressed yesterday watching some of rookie Austin Eckroat. He's only 24 and had to play in a qualifying round on Monday to get in to the Byron Nelson tourney. He finished tied for 2nd and won $875,000.
And Jason Day won his first tourney in 5 years after being one of the best on the tour 6 to 7 years ago.

It was fun. to watch.... almost. I had to leave for 45 minutes and was watching the final round on delay of about 50 minutes. I had no idea who won until my son walked in and said "cool for Jason Day, eh?".

<sigh>

In today's world:

Of course you can win $875,000.00 in a qualifying tourney finishing runner-up. :coffee:

It was fun. to watch.... almost. I had to leave for 45 minutes and was watching the final round on delay of about 50 minutes. I had no idea who won until my son walked in and said "cool for Jason Day, eh?".

<sigh>
We got home around 4PM and at that time I think there were 5 or 6 tied for the lead. I was surprised that Scottie fell off. Kept switching between the golf and Celtics game until that turned into a rout. In the end Day deserved the win.

We got home around 4PM and at that time I think there were 5 or 6 tied for the lead. I was surprised that Scottie fell off. Kept switching between the golf and Celtics game until that turned into a rout. In the end Day deserved the win.
Scottie is having putting issues.

Bigly.

There's a great Golf CLub just 3.5 miles from me called Woodbrook. It's right on the sea, not a links, it's a parkland course that just happened to be by the sea. Really nice course and a great club house and not expensive, equivalent of $50 midweek. If you guys are ever in Dublin check it out.

362ca998-898a-446a-8636-73362709fa91.jpg

woodbrook2015-9177.jpg

woodbrook-golf-club_018069_600-600-60-0-0-0.jpg

woodbrook2015-9371.jpg

There's a great Golf CLub just 3.5 miles from me called Woodbrook. It's right on the sea, not a links, it's a parkland course that just happened to be by the sea. Really nice course and a great club house and not expensive, equivalent of $50 midweek. If you guys are ever in Dublin check it out.

362ca998-898a-446a-8636-73362709fa91.jpg

woodbrook2015-9177.jpg

woodbrook-golf-club_018069_600-600-60-0-0-0.jpg

woodbrook2015-9371.jpg
Hubby played there last trip to Ireland .... If I’m remembering correctly my SIL when stationed in Ireland played there as well both said it was a great place to play.

~Dee~

Will any of the LIV players be allowed to play in the PGA this week?

LIV Golf members at the PGA Championship​

Abraham Ancer
Dean Burmester
Paul Casey
Bryson DeChambeau
Talor Gooch
Dustin Johnson
Sihwan Kim
Brooks Koepka
Anirban Lahiri
Phil Mickelson
Joaquin Niemann
Mito Pereira
Thomas Pieters
Patrick Reed
Cameron Smith
Brendan Steele
Harold Varner III

LIV Golf members at the PGA Championship​

Abraham Ancer
Dean Burmester
Paul Casey
Bryson DeChambeau
Talor Gooch
Dustin Johnson
Sihwan Kim
Brooks Koepka
Anirban Lahiri
Phil Mickelson
Joaquin Niemann
Mito Pereira
Thomas Pieters
Patrick Reed
Cameron Smith
Brendan Steele
Harold Varner III
I thought that there was one major that they weren't allowed to play. Guess that I heard wrong.

Well Bryson is the leader right now at -4. He also played into another group hitting Kenny Pigman in the arm with a ball.
Under my rules, he should have been disqualified.:cool:

Back