The Newest Definitive "Are We Alone?" Collective Debate

No, not asking for them to solve all our problems, never hinted at that. It might be nice to look at some their shiny bells & whistles though.

But, very true when it comes to less advanced meeting more advanced - the Aztecs and the Spanish, American Indians and the expansionist white settlers etc. We would have to be careful, very careful, but we are not very good at looking over the horizon.

RN, my point is that the subconscious reason for thinking discovering proof of aliens would be the biggest thing, is that it would solve all our problems.

So riddle me this.

Why would the proof of aliens be a bigger discovery than the invention of printing?

After all, the invention of printing was the OG internet. It lead to an immense distribution of knowledge and thus lead to countless other advancements, in science, politics, etc.

this is true
The worst case nightmare scenario is the future is like earth right now. We should absolutely be terrified if advanced aliens acted like the US military industrial complex, entering into resource-rich areas for 'democracy' and dropping bombs all over the place.

OK, I'm not sure.

Do you think the aliens are not like us or not?

If not, what is your basis for that assumption?

RN, my point is that the subconscious reason for thinking discovering proof of aliens would be the biggest thing, is that it would solve all our problems.

So riddle me this.

Why would the proof of aliens be a bigger discovery than the invention of printing?

After all, the invention of printing was the OG internet. It lead to an immense distribution of knowledge and thus lead to countless other advancements, in science, politics, etc.

Yea, some might think it would be a panacea for all our earthy problems, but I think that % would be in the minority.

Such a revelation would present us with new issues, new concerns and worries - for instance, if initially outwardly friendly, are they truly non hostile, or is this just a clever ruse?

Printing press- big invention, huge impact, but it took time to perfect, expand, and influence society. Discovery (or admittance) of alien species - that news would rocket around the world in an instant and be on everyone minds.....and probably dominate many discussions going forward.

OK, I'm not sure.

Do you think the aliens are not like us or not?

If not, what is your basis for that assumption?

It’s a great question and also an interesting one. even if they were just humans but from way in the future who figured out how to interact with spacetime or consciousness, wouldn’t they be pretty different and hopefully more evolved morally and ethically ?

It’s a great question and also an interesting one. even if they were just humans but from way in the future who figured out how to interact with spacetime or consciousness, wouldn’t they be pretty different and hopefully more evolved morally and ethically ?

Different? certainly.

Why should they have become a Star Trek Federation type of culture?

There's no evidence that humans have done that, or will do that, so why should we assume any alien will have?

What's the evolutionarily advantage of becoming like that? I can see plenty of advantages of not doing that.

Yea, some might think it would be a panacea for all our earthy problems, but I think that % would be in the minority.

Such a revelation would present us with new issues, new concerns and worries - for instance, if initially outwardly friendly, are they truly non hostile, or is this just a clever ruse?

Printing press- big invention, huge impact, but it took time to perfect, expand, and influence society. Discovery (or admittance) of alien species - that news would rocket around the world in an instant and be on everyone minds.....and probably dominate many discussions going forward.

The printing press took time to influence society?

Two words.

Martin Luther

Yes, the news would spread rapidly today, but that's true about any major story. 9/11 also rocketed around the world and was on everyone's minds.

People talking about something doesn't make it the "greatest" discovery of all time, it's impact does.

So what is that impact?

What would be different tomorrow if this was discovered today?

I am nervous of what's out there. Hopefully they just sneer at at us rather than stomp their foot on us as if we are ants on their patio.

The printing press took time to influence society?

Two words.

Martin Luther

Yes, the news would spread rapidly today, but that's true about any major story. 9/11 also rocketed around the world and was on everyone's minds.

People talking about something doesn't make it the "greatest" discovery of all time, it's impact does.

So what is that impact?

What would be different tomorrow if this was discovered today?

I guess I view everything through a modern day lens when it comes to speed - overnight or instantaneous.

Impact? I guess it would be tied to the gravity of the information released to the public.....I have no idea what that might be.

I am nervous of what's out there. Hopefully they just sneer at at us rather than stomp their foot on us as if we are ants on their patio.

I totally agree BT, and I'm sure just that very topic has been discussed in the Pentagon as part of some contingency plan amongst the boys in the know...!

I guess I view everything through a modern day lens when it comes to speed - overnight or instantaneous.

Impact? I guess it would be tied to the gravity of the information released to the public.....I have no idea what that might be.

I totally agree BT, and I'm sure just that very topic has been discussed in the Pentagon as part of some contingency plan amongst the boys in the know...!
I wouldn't mind if it was like the old Michael Rennie , Patricia Neal film, "the day the earth stood still" where they landed, showed us what they would do to us if we didn't grow up and behave ourselves and then generously gave us one last chance.

:rofl:

In the context of my question, the "gravity" is defined.

They exist. Full stop.

WHY, would "proof" of simply existence be so significant?

Proof of existence being significant? Because it could be a potential game changer for humans.

Or it would be assumed .... and not a game changer

I guess what I’m saying is I just assume that in this vast universe or universes there would be another life form. To think otherwise is silly.

~Dee~

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind if it was like the old Michael Rennie , Patricia Neal film, "the day the earth stood still" where they landed, showed us what they would do to us if we didn't grow up and behave ourselves and then generously gave us one last chance.

:rofl:

There have been multiple incidents that have been pretty well-documented that they sort of already did.

Of course, many of these events took place on top-secret nuclear bases (i.e., Malmstrom AFB, RAF Woodbridge, UK) so it's not like they
landed on the White House lawn, but there have been hundreds of servicemen, including top brass that have spoken out about these cases which
can only be interpreted as a form of "warning" or a demonstration that they can control whatever they wish to control, so we better not get
any stupider than we already have been.

A brief outline of Malmstrom (but there are much more detailed accounts available):

Ex-Air Force Personnel: UFOs Deactivated Nukes

Or it would be assumed .... and not a game changer

I guess what I’m saying is I just assume that in this vast universe or universes there would be another life form. To think otherwise is silly.

~Dee~
Imo, silly indeed.
Cheers, :toast:

:toast: right back at ya lol

~Dee~

Completely agree Dee and BT - time for another round I think. :beer:

I've seen estimates that suggest we have anywhere from 6 billion to 100 billion exoplanets in our galaxy alone. Not all potentially habitable of course, but thats gotta be a very healthy number for those "possibilities" to get rolling......all those little green guys.

Just went out to dinner at a new Italian restaurant not really my thing but the veal Milanese was to die for
Completely agree Dee and BT - time for another round I think. :beer:

I've seen estimates that suggest we have anywhere from 6 billion to 100 billion exoplanets in our galaxy alone. Not all potentially habitable of course, but thats gotta be a very healthy number for those "possibilities" to get rolling......all those little green guys.
Just went out to dinner at a new Italian restaurant not really my thing but the veal Milanese was to die for. So cheers lol. Out of this world ...

~Dee~

Back