The NFL 2023 Draft

I don't think he's right about Van Ness. Van Ness is not very experienced, dominated in college with physical strength rather than technique, doesn't have elite speed or burst, hasn't shown coachability in consistently playing tall and getting wiped out by cut blocks. "Hercules" has succeeded by being a bully, not a professional.

I don't really know White. I agree with the other 3, though I'm struggling to put Skoronski on a level with Paris and the Joneses.

Appears to be interest in Van Ness by the Pats. Then again they'll probably meet with lots of players.
I don't know his game at all.

View: https://twitter.com/NestPgs/status/1630936767120416769

View: https://twitter.com/DakRandallNESN/status/1630927775895805953

An arrest warrant has been issued for Jalen Carter. 🤦‍♂️

I did a mock draft simulation last night to kill some time and was able to draft Carter at 46. At the time, I hadn't heard about
the crash incident and I assumed the website was just way off. Now it makes sense.

I don't think he's right about Van Ness. Van Ness is not very experienced, dominated in college with physical strength rather than technique, doesn't have elite speed or burst, hasn't shown coachability in consistently playing tall and getting wiped out by cut blocks. "Hercules" has succeeded by being a bully, not a professional.

I don't really know White. I agree with the other 3, though I'm struggling to put Skoronski on a level with Paris and the Joneses.
I have watch some film on Van Ness. There is nothing overly impressive about him. Yes if you leave him unblocked he can get to the QB or RB but most of what I have seen tells me he is limited. He is often the 2nd man to get to the sack or gets blocked into as position to make a tackle

I have watch some film on Van Ness. There is nothing overly impressive about him. Yes if you leave him unblocked he can get to the QB or RB but most of what I have seen tells me he is limited. He is often the 2nd man to get to the sack or gets blocked into as position to make a tackle
I don't disagree, and I've seen a lot of him here. He's physically monstrous, but shows no instincts. He never found a full time role on the Iowa defense - he was always used situationally. Less than 500 defensive snaps both years, no serious injuries.

Quite a specimen, but I don't see a football player there.

I don't disagree, and I've seen a lot of him here. He's physically monstrous, but shows no instincts. He never found a full time role on the Iowa defense - he was always used situationally. Less than 500 defensive snaps both years, no serious injuries.

Quite a specimen, but I don't see a football player there.
I seem to recall a few years back a DE the jet,'s drafted named Vernon Gholston. I said at the time he was a 1 trick pony his only good move was a swim move that NFL OT's quickly made short work of him.
Gholston was supposed to be the outside pass rusher the Jets had been hoping for and needing. He had the speed, strength and physique for the position, and high expectations were placed on him. Three seasons later he failed to live up to any expectations.

I seem to recall a few years back a DE the jet,'s drafted named Vernon Gholston. I said at the time he was a 1 trick pony his only good move was a swim move that NFL OT's quickly made short work of him.
Gholston was supposed to be the outside pass rusher the Jets had been hoping for and needing. He had the speed, strength and physique for the position, and high expectations were placed on him. Three seasons later he failed to live up to any expectations.
Mike Ruth was strong but got his butt kicked by anyone and everyone with technique

Even predraft all his hype was just steam rolling a well known tackle for just 1 play. But he had major holes even in his predraft grades. Was hilarious to see the Jets take him. He was not a sure thing

FqP2w2VWIAAbfhx

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1631354629492469761

So misdemeanor. Not that big of a deal then. I mean it’s not like he forced a female massage therapist to touch his dick & then nut on her face. :coffee:

He's already back at the Combine as a full participant.

Back