The Official Life is Awesome Thread

Steve-o

TACOS
Reaction score
No disrespect to the support thread. Life is full of ups and downs. Brag about your good fortunes!

My friend who worked on the renovations at Dodger Stadium scored us free Prime Ticket Club VIP tickets for Sunday. FRONT ROW, next to the Dodgers dugout. Plus, all you can eat Dodger Dogs. :dbanana:

I find life really awesome when I see the reaction of people when i post manbewb pics...

But doesn't that mean that you have to watch the Dodgers and Cubs play? :wink:

Just messin', I went to a Cubs/Pirates game in Wrigley back in 2011 and loved it even though it was two sucky teams.

I also love going to games with plenty of those perks. Hell, I'll go to minor league games back in my hometown of Clearwater where I can get a wristband for unlimited food and $2 beers all night and I won't even care about the product that I'm watching on the field.

Plus, it's Dodger Stadium and you're in the front row. God knows how many celebrities you'll be sitting next to.

I'm planning my trip home in July....hopefully will go to a Sox game while i am there. 2 weeks this time for me. My grandson is happy and healthy and so aren't my kids. I can't ask for much more :)

I'm planning my trip home in July....hopefully will go to a Sox game while i am there. 2 weeks this time for me. My grandson is happy and healthy and so aren't my kids. I can't ask for much more :)

Hey are we going to try for the Saints/Pats game October 13?
Posted via Mobile Device

Found $120 on the floor at the mall the other day.

Saw my sisters for the first time in over four years the other week.

Life is awesome when you lose water (well water) during the Bruins game last night and dig out the repair slip from the last time it happened 11 years ago to recall that it cost your two grand to get it fixed.

It's awesome when you worry about coming up with two grand or more for another disaster and have no idea how long it will take to get it fixed and then you get to miss seeing War Horse on stage at the PPAC to deal with things while wifey casually replaces you with somebody else. You call a friend who is a plumber and after hemming and hawing he agrees to come over and take a look.

He finds that the problem isn't the well pump or the pressure tank, but a bad sending switch. It costs you 40 bucks in parts and is fixed in short order. You write a check for more than is necessary and are glad to do it.

Awesome.

Just messin', I went to a Cubs/Pirates game in Wrigley back in 2011 and loved it even though it was two sucky teams.

I also love going to games with plenty of those perks. Hell, I'll go to minor league games back in my hometown of Clearwater where I can get a wristband for unlimited food and $2 beers all night and I won't even care about the product that I'm watching on the field.

Plus, it's Dodger Stadium and you're in the front row. God knows how many celebrities you'll be sitting next to.

Braves. I have a slight allegiance to the Dodgers since McCourt exited, but only slight.

Hopefully, we'll get to witness Tommy Lasorda cussing someone out. :dbanana:

Found $120 on the floor at the mall the other day.

Saw my sisters for the first time in over four years the other week.

When I was in 5th grade or thereabouts I found 20 bucks in a department store. My Dad saw that as a great moment for a life history lesson. He explained how that could havebeen a family's last 20 dollars for food...

So the two of us march up to the service counter and Dad re-explains things most likely for my benefit.

Well the sales clerk approvingly accepts they money. Somewhere along about that time my Dad realizes that the clerk would pocket the money.

Walking out to the car Dad says "I shouldn't have given the money to the clerk. He is just going to pocket it"
I got two lessons that day (one of those moments in time you don't forget)
I

prolly belongs in the braggin' on your kids thread, but it fits nicely here. too.

My daughter, who is Assistent Production Director at Trinity Rep in Providence from Sep-May, has just started her summer Gig as Production Director for New York Stage and Film's annual Summer Workshops at the Powerhouse Theater at Vasser in Poughkeepsie. where she will be working directly with Steve Martin and Lin Manuel Miranda (and lots of other first-class talent). She told me herself that life is awesome.

http://www.playbill.com/news/articl...artin-Lin-Manuel-Miranda-Hunter-Bell-and-More

Cheers, BostonTim

Interesting. When I was 10 I was vacationing down the Cape as we did every year and I went to a breakfast place, Suzanne's to get 2 grilled chocolate chip muffins. I gave the waitress a 5 dollar bill and she gave me change for a 20. On the way home I realized the mistake and went back to give her the money. She was so thankful because the loss would come out of her check.

Nice memory.

Actually minor league games can sometimes be better than the majors. Those kids are often motivated to make an impression so they can get to the next level and thus put out more effort than what sometimes happens at the major league level.

When I was in 5th grade or thereabouts I found 20 bucks in a department store. My Dad saw that as a great moment for a life history lesson. He explained how that could havebeen a family's last 20 dollars for food...

So the two of us march up to the service counter and Dad re-explains things most likely for my benefit.

Well the sales clerk approvingly accepts they money. Somewhere along about that time my Dad realizes that the clerk would pocket the money.

Walking out to the car Dad says "I shouldn't have given the money to the clerk. He is just going to pocket it"
I got two lessons that day (one of those moments in time you don't forget)
I

It's amusing, because my wife and I had the same type of discussion leaving the store. We both agreed that giving the cash to a clerk or someone in the information desk would just result in them being $120 richer.

I will say, though, that I waited a good amount of time around the spot to see if anyone was frantically searching for the money. But there wasn't a single person around.

Hey are we going to try for the Saints/Pats game October 13?
Posted via Mobile Device

I will start saving my pennies for that game :)

It's amusing, because my wife and I had the same type of discussion leaving the store. We both agreed that giving the cash to a clerk or someone in the information desk would just result in them being $120 richer.

I will say, though, that I waited a good amount of time around the spot to see if anyone was frantically searching for the money. But there wasn't a single person around.

I Found a Ulysses S Grant in a restaurant at the Rockingham Mall in Salem NH a couple years ago. Told the cashier I had found some money. Didn't tell her how much OR exactly where. She said it was probably a tip. I said that was to bad because I doubted it (it wasn't a fifty buck tip kinda joint) and they couldn't possibly prove it. Left my Business card and told her if someone came looking to give them the number and have them call.

Got a call within 2 hours. A woman knew the amount and exactly where she must've lost it. Mailed it to her. Never met her. But I felt good and the waiters cashiers etc. never had a chance tto cop the loot.

Cheers, BostonTim

Back