The weirdest part was when the kid was doing homework in the flashback-he was telling his mom "You're not looking, you're not looking" and then the bird hits the window. The same type of bird in his book. So, was he talking to the bird, and not his mom when he said "You're not looking?"

RichM99 said:
The weirdest part was when the kid was doing homework in the flashback-he was telling his mom "You're not looking, you're not looking" and then the bird hits the window. The same type of bird in his book. So, was he talking to the bird, and not his mom when he said "You're not looking?"

I hadn't picked up on that subtlety. Nice pickup on that.

My initial thought was the old wive's tale that a bird crashing into a window fore shadows death in the house.

I haven't read the latest posts yet, because I TIVO everything and didn't watch it last night. I'll make a comment probably tomorrow.

A couple things about Walt:

Yeah, the wives tale is that a bird hitting the window foreshadows a death in the house. But it's more than that - HE WAS LOOKING AT A BIRD BOOK!

On the island, he was reading a comic book with a Polar bear... so what does this mean? F'ed if I know.

Claire did not look still pregnant. I think her captor (Ethan...and others, very likely) took the baby.

Flagg Wanderer said:
A couple things about Walt:

Yeah, the wives tale is that a bird hitting the window foreshadows a death in the house. But it's more than that - HE WAS LOOKING AT A BIRD BOOK!

On the island, he was reading a comic book with a Polar bear... so what does this mean? F'ed if I know.

Claire did not look still pregnant. I think her captor (Ethan...and others, very likely) took the baby.

I assumed that Claire was no longer pregnant. But the show had her covered by the brush from the shoulders down.

I wonder if the show is throwing us a changeup and implying that Walt is the cause of everything that's happening. He certainly has a good relationship with Locke, who appears to understand what's going on.

bideau said:
I assumed that Claire was no longer pregnant. But the show had her covered by the brush from the shoulders down.

I wonder if the show is throwing us a changeup and implying that Walt is the cause of everything that's happening. He certainly has a good relationship with Locke, who appears to understand what's going on.

I agree, I'm getting that feeling that somehow Walt may have been influential in what happened to that plane. To me, the bird foreshadowed the plane crash (the bird wasn't looking or couldn't see the invisible "field" of glass similar to how the plane got so off-course and then "hit a wall" as it were.)

Is it like the "Carrie" effect - when he gets angry or emotional, bad things happen around him? He seems so detached about it all too, which is kind of eerie. First time I saw him express any real fear or emotion was the bear attack.

Ah the possibilities are endless here...too bad next week is a rerun :banghead:

Here is one, that I think I caught....when Charlie was reading Clare's diary there was a line that I think said something along the lines of "I hate Hurley", then Charlie flipped the page and read that she thought he was cute, and kind.

Anyone else see this? Tevo it?

SEPatsFan said:
Here is one, that I think I caught....when Charlie was reading Clare's diary there was a line that I think said something along the lines of "I hate Hurley", then Charlie flipped the page and read that she thought he was cute, and kind.

Anyone else see this? Tevo it?

I definitely saw the stuff she wrote about Charlie. I thought the other line was "I hate him", but it flashed pretty quickly. Do you recall her having issues with anyone? Maybe she was referring to the guy that jilted her?

bideau said:
I definitely saw the stuff she wrote about Charlie. I thought the other line was "I hate him", but it flashed pretty quickly. Do you recall her having issues with anyone? Maybe she was referring to the guy that jilted her?

I think that I saw Hurley's name, I was hoping that it would show us some of his back story. (has there been an espisode about him yet? I missed some of the early shows.)

SEPatsFan said:
I think that I saw Hurley's name, I was hoping that it would show us some of his back story. (has there been an espisode about him yet? I missed some of the early shows.)

Nope. I think Hurley may be the last main character that hasn't been done.

I love Hurley. But I don't think they've done Sayid either, unless I've missed one that I don't know about.

Flagg Wanderer said:
I love Hurley. But I don't think they've done Sayid either, unless I've missed one that I don't know about.

Yup, Sayid has been done. He was an interrogation officer for the Iraqi Republican Guard. A female childhood friend of his was arrested and he was ordered to shoot her when she wouldn't cooperate. There was obviously some romantic feelings between them and he couldn't do it. He tried to help her escape but was caught. He shot his commanding officer, but the woman was killed when they tried to escape. He still carries a picture of her to remind him of those days.

Finally, a new episode.

Claire is still pregnant, Ethan and some "no name" are dead and we now have stressed people armed with guns.

Kind of an odd episode. We certainly don't have any further knowledge of the island. We actually have a few more questions.

How did Claire escape and what is causing her amnesia? Was Ethan working alone or is he part of a clan? Will we ever get Hurley's background and why is he still fat?

Good questions, all. Could someone help me out though? I record something else at 9PM and LOST always seems to run a little bit over. The last thing I saw was Claire and Charlie talking about being friends. Anything else happen with them at the end? A hug? A Kiss? A goose?

Sucked that he shot the guy though. I was looking forward to the interrogation. :mad:

Undertaker #59 said:
Good questions, all. Could someone help me out though? I record something else at 9PM and LOST always seems to run a little bit over. The last thing I saw was Claire and Charlie talking about being friends. Anything else happen with them at the end? A hug? A Kiss? A goose?

Sucked that he shot the guy though. I was looking forward to the interrogation. :mad:

For some odd reason, Lost actually goes until 9:01. That's how my onscreen cable guide has it listed.

Nothing happened at the end.

I missed it again, what with Ash Wednesday Mass and all.

I caught the last five minutes, and filled in some here. So, still no Hurley episode? The one flashback at the end was another Charley flashback.

Personally, I think the dead people promos were pretty cheap, if it wasn't going to be one of the main characters. But when they did the census, they said they had what, 42? That's plenty of extras to kill off for awhile, I guess.

Out of curiousity, at the end, after Charley's flashback, he looked around the camp, and there was a guy/girl couple spooning by the fire. Who was that?

Flagg Wanderer said:
Out of curiousity, at the end, after Charley's flashback, he looked around the camp, and there was a guy/girl couple spooning by the fire. Who was that?

I think it was that oriental couple (can't remember their names) - but don't know for sure.

Flagg Wanderer said:
I missed it again, what with Ash Wednesday Mass and all.

I caught the last five minutes, and filled in some here. So, still no Hurley episode? The one flashback at the end was another Charley flashback.

Personally, I think the dead people promos were pretty cheap, if it wasn't going to be one of the main characters. But when they did the census, they said they had what, 42? That's plenty of extras to kill off for awhile, I guess.

I thought there was a chance that Hurley would be the one killed since they haven't done any background on him. Glad I was wrong.

The couple by the fire were the Koreans.

I watch it.
My wife suckered me in.

I think they are in purgatory.

Back