The Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread - Patriots v Falcons

We need some sort of a run game this offseason. I mean there is just none.
It's been fine most of the year, especially since we often use the passing game as a sub.

Play calling has been more of an issue than execution so far, aside from Blount. But if McD hadn't prioritized him then he wouldn't have been on the field to **** up.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Crazy how those few plays not going the Pats way make this thing a blowout. 2, maybe 3 plays and this game is the other way around. I haven't given up hope for the 2nd half, but 7 there would have made me feel quite a bit better

It's been fine most of the year, especially since we often use the passing game as a sub.

Play calling has been more of an issue than execution so far, aside from Blount. But if McD hadn't prioritized him then he wouldn't have been on the field to **** up.

I can forgive the fumble, but he is just not getting anything, he is so slow going to the line , no burst. Teams have no respect for the run game, it does not always hurt us, but sometimes it does.

Good thing about halftime...At least they aren't scoring on us right now. I knew I should have hit the stripclub instead.

Crazy how those few plays not going the Pats way make this thing a blowout. 2, maybe 3 plays and this game is the other way around. I haven't given up hope for the 2nd half, but 7 there would have made me feel quite a bit better
Yup. Watching McD throw away that drive was like another nail.

But we will see what comes of HT. ATL is likely high as hell right now and may get ahead of themselves.

D has the get big stops and turnovers. It cannot afford to score 0 on any drive the rest of the way.

Let's go GOAT Bros... #5 is 2 quarters away!

A 14 point turn around with that strip of Blount. I'm not giving up. If any team can come back from this, it's the Patriots.
But it has to start with a stop by the D.

It is always one or two plays in a superbowl, you dont think it is, but it always turns out that way.

This reminds me of the Giants superbowls when they were so obviously going to pass that it allowed the D to go into full on pass rush mode. They need to persist with the run and take what the D will give them. If that's 4 or 5 yards on slants, then that's fine. All those deep throws aren't working. Personally, I think Brady should stay under Centre or call draws from shotgun.

On D? I have no answers.

I disagree. No huddle 5 wide.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I am with U59 on this. No time to try to persist with the run. It isn't working at all anyway.

This reminds me of the Giants superbowls when they were so obviously going to pass that it allowed the D to go into full on pass rush mode. They need to persist with the run and take what the D will give them. If that's 4 or 5 yards on slants, then that's fine. All those deep throws aren't working. Personally, I think Brady should stay under Centre or call draws from shotgun.

On D? I have no answers.

This is worse those games were close. Falcons score here and you might as well turn it off unless you like torture

Goodell has wood.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We need to start hitting Ryan. Get to him, pressure him. We really do need a pick 6 to cancel theirs out and get going.

Remember when people said they didn't want Brady to win MVP cause MVPs don't win SBs?

Sigh. Still time for that to ring true though!

We should not see Blount again unless we are up and it is the last possession of the game to run out the clock. Tough row to hoe, but not impossible.

My point still stands. BB and TB then. It's disappointing that the GOATs are staring down the barrel at 1-3 in the last 4 appearances because of the same offensive problems repeated.

Let's hope they can have a second half for the ages. D will need a massive half. Somehow have to keep ATL out of the end zone for probably the rest of the game, and will likely need multiple turnovers.

So very disappointing to be schooled by first time participants. Our GOATs look over matched just like against the Giants.

Let's pray for that miracle. I can't take another minute of these Pats haters screaming all around me. Please Pats, bring me some hater tears!

OL not turning up is the big problem in each, even in 49, stage fright perhaps?

Weak to pressure up the middle has long been the main issue.

Also think the lack of Gronk and a lack of a fully fit Marty is a hindrance, outlet options that a defence has to account for.

A lot of self scouting has to take place after tonight

Gagas flabby stomach shouldn't be on display for the world

Can someone who feels like they are knowledgeable to answer this please just help me understand how something like this happens. It seems to happen more often with the Patriots. By "it" I mean going 14-2, looking like a great team, and then suddenly getting completely and totally outclassed by an 11-5 (or even 9-7 on one occasion) team. I'm not whining or complaining. I'm just legitimately wondering how this happens so often. Yes, the Patriots are very successful and I'm grateful for that, but the number of times they've posted incredible regular season records only to lay an egg in the playoffs against seemingly inferior competition is mind boggling. The talent difference out there looks incredible, yet we were the 14-2 team. It's just shocking.

Back