The Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread - Patriots v Falcons

It's like watching a massacre that the whole country is enjoying except for us
I'm in a bar in Cancun and 95% of others here are rooting for Falcons. But I've already surmised from surrounding conversations that not one of them is actually an Atlanta fan. They just all want the Pats to lose...

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Can someone who feels like they are knowledgeable to answer this please just help me understand how something like this happens. It seems to happen more often with the Patriots. By "it" I mean going 14-2, looking like a great team, and then suddenly getting completely and totally outclassed by an 11-5 (or even 9-7 on one occasion) team. I'm not whining or complaining. I'm just legitimately wondering how this happens so often. Yes, the Patriots are very successful and I'm grateful for that, but the number of times they've posted incredible regular season records only to lay an egg in the playoffs against seemingly inferior competition is mind boggling. The talent difference out there looks incredible, yet we were the 14-2 team. It's just shocking.
They didn't play anyone? :shrug:

Those that placed future bets on falcons to win must feeling pretty good right now 150-1 odds

Can someone who feels like they are knowledgeable to answer this please just help me understand how something like this happens. It seems to happen more often with the Patriots. By "it" I mean going 14-2, looking like a great team, and then suddenly getting completely and totally outclassed by an 11-5 (or even 9-7 on one occasion) team. I'm not whining or complaining. I'm just legitimately wondering how this happens so often. Yes, the Patriots are very successful and I'm grateful for that, but the number of times they've posted incredible regular season records only to lay an egg in the playoffs against seemingly inferior competition is mind boggling. The talent difference out there looks incredible, yet we were the 14-2 team. It's just shocking.

if you don't get the answer you're looking for, let me know!

There's a long way to go in this game. They can change dramatically. Long half time, reset and re-focus.

I thought that half time show was pretty good. At least lady gaga can sing, no lip synching there

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

If there's one group of guys that can come back from this, it's this team. Let's go!!!!!

I'm in a bar in Cancun and 95% of others here are rooting for Falcons. But I've already surmised from surrounding conversations that not one of them is actually an Atlanta fan. They just all want the Pats to lose...

**** even in Mexico. It seems like the whole world is enjoying this

I thought that half time show was pretty good. At least lady gaga can sing, no lip synching there

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
Yup. Some of the instrumentation was canned, but she was live. I thought she was pretty good too.

As far as the game...it feels over, but I feel less stress now. This is still an amazing team, win or lose. It they actually make the comeback, it would be the most amazing superbowl ever, but I am not sweating it any more now if that makes sense.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Back