The Official Super Bowl LI Game Thread - Patriots v Falcons

I'm doing a bit of that today, as well.

Our old friends Carol and Karl moved five years ago to Prescott Arizona.Went to a SB party last nite with 60 something guests. They were the ONLY 2 Pats fans there. Sat silently for virtually the whole game. Haven't stop talking smack since #28 wrapped it up. Time, they swear, of their lives. ROFL

Stayed up and watched the game all by myself. Managed to get some sleep, took a half day off and watched the game with my wife in the AM.

When it went to overtime, I had to sneak down the stairs and into the street and screamed into my fist, as to not wake up the mrs or the kids (or the neighbors) and then rushed back up to watch OT.

Atypical SB watching, but I'll take it :)

Someone had to do it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CLjT51tn9g4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fvckin globe...

fpfZT30.jpg

Fvckin globe...

fpfZT30.jpg

When i seen that picture posted for the first time to Twitter I felt heart broken. Thinking this was gonna be the lasting image of The GOAT after all he's accomplished... And just his body language in that pic and replays were heart breaking.

Thank God it wasn't!!!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!

Stayed up and watched the game all by myself. Managed to get some sleep, took a half day off and watched the game with my wife in the AM.

When it went to overtime, I had to sneak down the stairs and into the street and screamed into my fist, as to not wake up the mrs or the kids (or the neighbors) and then rushed back up to watch OT.

:thumb: Great moment, screaming silently into tha London Fog. :LOL:

What a beautiful day.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9LdIL5WCso8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

I would like to thank.. myself.. for tuning in live towards the end of the 3rd quarter. :coffee:

6ut8vqocn6ey.gif

FIVE.

I watched it on my own and even though I was trying hard not to make npise, the missus says she just haeard pacing and cursing throughout the night and then cheering ROFL

I made it to bed at 04:20 and had to be up at 06:20 for work....I'm like a zombie but so damn worth it.....

ROFL Certainly the fastest he ran last night.
Maybe I'm wrong, I bet he sprinted away from BB pretty fast after the fumble. ROFL

Just a note to mention Mitchell. That rookie was astonishingly good last night when they needed him to be. I really look forward to watching him continue to get better.

Maybe I'm wrong, I bet he sprinted away from BB pretty fast after the fumble. ROFL

Just a note to mention Mitchell. That rookie was astonishingly good last night when they needed him to be. I really look forward to watching him continue to get better.

He was phenomenal. When the rest of the offense was out to lunch, dropping passes and such, Mitchell and White kept them in it.

I think the most impressive one was the first down catch where he lost his footing and still managed to recover and make the catch. The way he slipped, I thought for sure that he had pulled or tore something.

I was watching NFL Network after the game and Bennett was on for 10 mins or so. I dont have excact quotes, but he first stated New England was a place to go when you want to win, not get paid. He later rambled about how nice it will be to get paid in FA as a SB Champion.
Sounded like he is gone.

Yeah, he said that teams love to overpay for superbowl winners...he sounds like he is going to the highest bidder.

What is about these passing backs where they come up so big in the big games? 2 years ago it was Vereen who was crucial in that 4th quarter. Guys like Vereen, White, Woodhead, or Sproles who is an insane player, they must be a match up nightmare. I mean everyone talks about how important TEs are and everyone is after the next Gronk, but these passing backs are bloody massive as well.

100% Agree. What a performance.

Brady agrees too, not only does White get the truck, but also the trip to Disney.
Difference between TB and most other top level QB:
Almost the first thing out of TB's mouth at his MVP presser is that James White should have won it.
Love that dude, he's a true team player and leader despite his accomplishments.

Re Bennett: one thing players have to love about BB is that he resurrects their careers and gets them paid elsewhere.

Back