The official "Welkah's lost it" thread

(P - shoulder)

More Probable Than Not
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisweeks3d.com
Discuss. I'm sure we all have opinions on this.

He's still a tough litter bugger. He still gets open, mostly. But the drops. Ohhhh, the drops, always at the worst possible time. I wasn't able to find actual good stats on his drops comparing the last few seasons, but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they're going up. If Brady is the hear and soul of the O, then Welker's the liver and kidneys, and I daresay some cirrhosis is starting to set in. Also, he's not as fast as he was. He can't outrun anyone in the open field. I posted in another thread about Lombardi's opinion that when a receiver starts dropping balls, it means his legs are going. I'm of the opinion that we got the best out of him, but his days as top option are no longer. If that means we have to let him walk to someone willing to pay, so be it.

So I say we a) Keep Brady. Moving on from Brady is sheer lunacy. b) Let Welker walk and focus on some speedier deeper type guys that can separate.

I tihnk I fear for wWelker in 15 years, I think he will be one beat up old man with serious effects from the beatting he took in the NFL. I also think Wes returns.

How anyone could bash on Welker is beyond me. He was one of the only play makers that showed up yesterday. His drop did not cost this team the game. They had plenty of other opportunities to score after that. They simply didn't. The biggest problem with this offense is the same problem that has been there for years and that's the wideout position. The wideout position has failed this team in the playoffs for years whether it was Branch, Tate, Chad Johnson, or Lloyd. ANd that is all on Bellicheck. It's irritated me for years at how cheap he's been as far as trying to replace Moss with a quality wideout instead of expecting Brady to make gold out of these average wideouts that don't show up consistently.

Welker has been golden for this team all season long. He is the biggest reason why it's so hard to blitz Brady. Welker's contributions to this team are endless practically.

How anyone could bash on Welker is beyond me. He was one of the only play makers that showed up yesterday. His drop did not cost this team the game. They had plenty of other opportunities to score after that. They simply didn't. The biggest problem with this offense is the same problem that has been there for years and that's the wideout position. The wideout position has failed this team in the playoffs for years whether it was Branch, Tate, Chad Johnson, or Lloyd. ANd that is all on Bellicheck. It's irritated me for years at how cheap he's been as far as trying to replace Moss with a quality wideout instead of expecting Brady to make gold out of these average wideouts that don't show up consistently.

Welker has been golden for this team all season long. He is the biggest reason why it's so hard to blitz Brady. Welker's contributions to this team are endless practically.
hypocritical...this whole post is... just man up and rip the Pats, do not play keeper of the flame and hero to the beaten...

you hate the Pats for knocking the Texans out...it is OK, it is more truth than anything else you proposed.

hypocritical...this whole post is... just man up and rip the Pats, do not play keeper of the flame and hero to the beaten...

you hate the Pats for knocking the Texans out...it is OK, it is more truth than anything else you proposed.

You are such a ****ing clown. You lose, and somehow make this about the Texans??

Yet you and others bash your own team and the best players on there. I could care less about the Texans losing and congratulated the Pats for a great win. I'm actually a fan of the Pats and I don't bash their best players when they lost like band wagoner such as yourself. Go root for another team and get off the Pats, because you aren't a real fan. You're a bandwagoner that is only happy when things are perfect.

Welker's lost "the edge", but I don't think he's any where close to losing "it" yet. He's still a top tier receiver, just needs to invest in some stickum for his gloves...

You are such a ****ing clown. You lose, and somehow make this about the Texans??

Yet you and others bash your own team and the best players on there. I could care less about the Texans losing and congratulated the Pats for a great win. I'm actually a fan of the Pats and I don't bash their best players when they lost like band wagoner such as yourself. Go root for another team and get off the Pats, because you aren't a real fan. You're a bandwagoner that is only happy when things are perfect.

you are wrong, I didn't bash, I said they loss...you are the fool you keep shoewing up only when you can preach to the masses when the reality is it is nothing more than word to provoke.... I see this pattern with you and am tired of it...just admit you are here with Salt to rub in th wounds...

Who's the bandwaggoner here?

You've been transparent since the day you got here. So, ummm, eat a bag of dicks. Ok? And choke on them.

over 100 catches and 1100 yards in 5 of the past 6 seasons......he's hardly lost it IMO....send him to the Jets plz

My opinion on what I think happens, though not necessarily what I wish would happen

Welker is offered short money again by the Pats, which, though he considers it more than he did last time, he decides to walk.

Pats think about it, but decide to move on, hoping that Edelperson can finally put together an entire season and do Wes like things, while saving about $10MM per season.

Demps takes over all of Edelman's other roles, returning kicks and punts, in hopes of keeping Edelman a bit more healthy, though it has always been on offense that he has gotten hurt.

1st round pick is a flyer on one of the big, fast receivers. I like the Williams kid from Baylor, though according to mock drafts I've glanced at that wouldn't even be a flyer. Maybe a guy like Demarius Thomas in Denver, physical freak who had some drops and route problems in college, but can be coached up.

Only problem with this plan is you risk getting a Stephen Hill like the Jets did. His drop and route problems carried over. Thomas's and Torrie Smith's did not. Also, not so sure we have the type of WR coach that could instill these qualities in a young man. O'Shea hasn't really had a chance with a young talent guy (thought it seems like he's turned Edelman into a good receiver)

In other Welker news, his wife has taken it upon herself to upstage Gisele for this year's notable quote from the players' wives:

Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids, 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!​

Who's the bandwaggoner here?

You've been transparent since the day you got here. So, ummm, eat a bag of dicks. Ok? And choke on them.

Your lady like response are always so fulfilling.

I'll bookmark this one the next time you try to use your "I'm a woman" so stop picking on me responses. Lol!

Get your lips off of my dick you old hag.

I think the correct way to look at Welker's situation is with your head and not your heart.

Welker has been a Vital Cog for the Patriots since 2007. They are not as succesful without him; And he has contributed to many, many wins both regular season and playoff. He is the little engine that could, and gets the tough catches and yards when they need them the most. Dude's been cast iron for them. These are all undisputed facts.

Welker has also taken a serious beating for the Patriots. The fact that he is still walking is nothing short of miraculous. The punishment he takes time and time again, yet keeps getting up and catching the next pass is head-scratching. I've never seen a more scrappy SOB who has ever played for the Pats and never will see one.

Common sense tells you that his brand of playing this CANNOT continue, and that there is going to be a time where he does not get up. As I stated before, it's a miracle that he is still standing, and I hope he keeps donig this for the next 5 years without losing a step.

We know the Patriots are not going to throw money foolishly around. My guess is that they will either A. Offer him a 2-3 year contract for reasonable money, or B. will franchise him for another year. I'm fine with either of these options.

If Welker decides to hardline it and sit out the year wanting a huge payday, and the Patriots wisely let him do that, then I am also fine with that as well.

As Michael Corleone said in the Godfather- "It's strictly business- Nothing more", and that's exactly how I feel about Welker. Love the guy, and he will always be one of my all time favorites, but I just cannot pull the trigger on being OK with him getting big-time money.

Love Wes...

Hope they can get a decent contract with him, but in no way should they franchise him.

Your lady like response are always so fulfilling.

I'll bookmark this one the next time you try to use your "I'm a woman" so stop picking on me responses. Lol!

Get your lips off of my dick you old hag.

Nice.

How is that thumb-sized stub anyway? Must feel like riding a Smart car through the Holland Tunnel when you're banging your wife.

How's that for lady-like? Don't bother responding. You've called me every name in the book since you got here because you can't deal with a female knowing more than you do.

So you go ahead and wear that Stetson, babe. Too bad you can't find a thimble small enough for the rest of you.

Nice.

How is that thumb-sized stub anyway? Must feel like riding a Smart car through the Holland Tunnel when you're banging your wife.

How's that for lady-like? Don't bother responding. You've called me every name in the book since you got here because you can't deal with a female knowing more than you do.

Fwiw, I think your balls are waaaay bigger than his as well.:coffee:

Back