The Official Wild Card Weekend Thread

Here's where I make the distinction: all's fair in love and war. Meaning...yes twisting of personal regions, etc. happen in piles IN PURSUIT OF THE FOOTBALL WHILE IT'S LIVE. Do I love that? No but it's what happens in competition, I get it. The crap Suh does is not in any way related to football or competition or winning. When guys are in piles, they pretty much expect to have their nads grabbed, etc. But who expects to have their head used as a basketball by a 300 lb man who is using it to "help" him get up from the turf????

Let's put it this way, if we fast forward 20 years and Suh is in prison and wearing a Hannibal Lecter type mask talking about chianti and fava beans, I wouldn't be shocked.

It's just a different world now. I mean some of the things Dick Butkus used to do in the field....He'd try and put guys in the cemetery as Deacon Jones once said, not the hospital!

<IFRAME height=360 src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tdAKk42OzVw?feature=player_embedded" frameBorder=0 width=640 allowfullscreen=""></IFRAME>

He makes some good points.

I wonder why he never mentions Pettigrew grabbing Hitchens face mask before the ball even gets there? Don't know how to post vids on this site so here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBv9VMAuVrY

Let's put it this way, if we fast forward 20 years and Suh is in prison and wearing a Hannibal Lecter type mask talking about chianti and fava beans, I wouldn't be shocked.
My kind of player.No holds bar.ROAR!!! ROFL
It's just a different world now. I mean some of the things Dick Butkus used to do in the field....He'd try and put guys in the cemetery as Deacon Jones once said, not the hospital!
Yeppers

I mean this is Caldwell in his equivalent of a rage.

NFL on ESPN @ESPNNFL
Lions coach Jim Caldwell today said the pass interference reversal call yesterday was "probably not officiated correctly in my estimation."

ya back in the day we use to play kill the man with the football for fun. In 8th grade my friend had rupture spleen from taking a bad shot...Good times.. This world of ours and sport is getting too mamby pamby...

Yeah...Romanowski was another loose cannon. John Randle? Charles Haley? Steve Atwater? There was, is, and in the future will be insane people. Not just Suh.

Eh back in the 70's, and 80's that crap stuff went on all the time... More disgusting stuff happens during a pig pile that we never see...
I want to see the days of Gladiator football... Arm bars, earhole slaps and go back to real tackling!! Valhalla!!!!!!

Close line.

as for Suh, if he came to the Pat's it would be the Chris Knuckles Nilan effect.... from most hated to "he's our guy"

Pathetic stuff from Blandino, coming up with all kinds of BS excuses. Even excusing Bryant running on the field. Must have one hell of a party on Jerrah's Party bus Dean....

I hear you, I was thinking WTF on that too, but they talked about the Dez thing this am on Mike & Mike also and both Golic AND Carter said it is commonplace for refs to warn guys who come racing onto the field to get off the field. If they then don't comply, they will flag them. Sounds kind of like when NYJ fans got pissed about the Hightower butt tap by the ref, instead of getting a flag.

What I find disconcerting is that on the PI, they have asked about 4-5 different former refs (Daopolis being the latest on NFL Insiders, and he said PI all the way) and there is not a consensus among them on that call. That alone should push through BB's wish of all being reviewable.

I know I would.

popcorn
I would, when he ours it is a honest mistake, when theirs it is cheap

Pathetic stuff from Blandino, coming up with all kinds of BS excuses. Even excusing Bryant running on the field. Must have one hell of a party on Jerrah's Party bus Dean....
Jerry bought those pictures and has them ready for download.

Back