The PGA and LPGA thread

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
This is the thread that you can discuss pro golf, either mens or womens. You can post photos of you favorite player and discuss touneys.

We have Hockey , Baseball, NASCAR:Eason:, and others, so why not have one for the most skilled game of all. Notice I didn't say most athletic, but it is the most skilled in my opinon. Its amazing how accurate the pros can be.

We are alll waiting to see when Tiger is coming back. Let's hope he makes it back for the Masters.

This is the thread that you can discuss pro golf, either mens or womens. You can post photos of you favorite player and discuss touneys.

We have Hockey , Baseball, NASCAR:Eason:, and others, so why not have one for the most skilled game of all. Notice I didn't say most athletic, but it is the most skilled in my opinon. Its amazing how accurate the pros can be.

We are alll waiting to see when Tiger is coming back. Let's hope he makes it back for the Masters.
did you know Tiger Woods just had a baby boy the other day? this is partly why he hasn't been out on tour as yet (plus I bet he's making sure to be AO-friggin'-K to play&win Teh Masters this year)

did you know Tiger Woods just had a baby boy the other day? this is partly why he hasn't been out on tour as yet (plus I bet he's making sure to be AO-friggin'-K to play&win Teh Masters this year)

Yes, I heard that but I try to stay out of his personal life since the restraining order.

how many other sports do you see this happen?

Golf_Trophy.jpg

Tiger's back, and Hell is coming with him.

Just won the Arnold Palmer being 5 shots back to start the day.:jclap:

I was just sampling the last 3-4 holes and all I can say is boo-yah Tigah!!! :rockon::bow::hump::cute::jclap::Ohbaby::dance:

and to this gimp w/ Teh Masters coming up.........

peeing-man.gif
images

I hate these uni-thread thingies. This should be it's own "Tiger Wins" thread. You shouldn'ta had to dig up a dog that died nearly two months ago.

That aside. He is incredible. If he isn't totally distracted by his gorgeous blond wife, then maybe there's a little hope for TFB?

Cheers, BostonTim

A great month coming up. The Final Four, The Masters, and the NFL Draft.

Something else, but I can't quite think of it right now.

Don't we have a PGAPlanet for this kind of talk?

Wilbon had an article recently that essentially said that Tigr was the greatest athlete of all time, usurping Jordan, Gretzky, Chamberlain, Owens, etc.

I'll grant him best golfer of all time. I may grant him best 'sportsman' of all time. Athlete, no.

The sportsman argument, though, is valid. He might me. I hope he continues on his path and kills it. It'd be a shame if doesn't reclaim his former dominance. Mainly for us, his expectant observers.

For the win.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKMBVn6InVE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JKMBVn6InVE&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wilbon had an article recently that essentially said that Tigr was the greatest athlete of all time, usurping Jordan, Gretzky, Chamberlain, Owens, etc.

I'll grant him best golfer of all time. I may grant him best 'sportsman' of all time. Athlete, no.

I would have to agree. Nerves of steel? Absolutely. Killer instinct? Yup. The ability to thrive under pressure, to get in the spotlight and not wilt but instead excel? Sure. Blessed with a great natural ability? Definitely. But I don't consider whacking a small white ball to be an "athletic" endeavor. Unless they start making them sprint from green to green under a time limit, or send pass-rushers at the golfer while he's trying to take his shot, LOL.

Golf is the most skilled game that you can play. I will agree that you don't have to be an athlete to play the game.

At the pro level it is certainly more skill and mental toughness than it is athletic ability.

Golf is the most skilled game that you can play. I will agree that you don't have to be an athlete to play the game.

At the pro level it is certainly more skill and mental toughness than it is athletic ability.

Pffft. Skill? Then why can any middle aged out of shape fat guy get at least very proficient with a little practice?:shake: :poke:

here is the golf swing of a highly athletic Top 5 NBA Power Forward of All-Time now that he is a middle-aged fat guy

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/x9uWOURlQPs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

Pffft. Skill? Then why can any middle aged out of shape fat guy get at least very proficient with a little practice?:shake: :poke:

Fat guys with little practice? As if.

For people that like to make the argument that golf is a game and not a sport, I suggest they walk an average-sized course, say 6000 yards or so and carry their bag on a hot day.

Bear in mind the 6000 yards does not include distance between greens and tees nor does it take into account elevation changes or zig-zagging back and forth looking for your ball. That 6 grand means a bare minumum of 3.4 miles and 5 miles or more is a more accurate measure of distance walked. Add 20 pounds for your golf bag.

The caloric expenditure is very high and the demand on the body is significant. You might not be gasping for breath when you are done, but it can be exhausting. Some courses are like hiking up and down ski slopes.

Golf is a sport. A great one.

Riding in carts is a whole different argument. Walking and carrying your own bag is the soul of it.

Last wednesday night a buddy and I went out and played 11 holes. At one point I had four pars in a row after not playing since October. Thursday I head for Arizona and plan on playing a little pasture pool in the desert.

Great sport, game, whatever it is.

Back