The Ryan Clark Chickensh*t Hit

The call was "unessecery roughness". Not leaving your feet or whatever you think is illegal. Seriously, how do you not remember? I really think you are on drugs!

Correct, and they told Clark it was because he left his feet.

If the ball was tipped and the receiver was attempting to catch it, I have no problem with the hit, that did not happen.
The ball was tipped and was in the area to ctach it before it was tipped. Its not physically possible (atleast to my knowledge) that a human can go from full speed to totally still in a matter of inches unless the run into another object.

Correct, and they told Clark it was because he left his feet.
Maybe the refs are the ones on drugs becuase leaving your feet is not against the rules. What next? A receiver makes a diving catch in the endzone but the refs throw a flag for "feet leaving the ground"?

Ward would have knocked the safety out :shrug:
safeties/DBs league-wide dream of a hung out to dry over the middle defenseless Hinesie floating thru the air w/ the greatest of ease, back turned facing the LOS, on a veritable golf-tee for them to

Jack The F UP

"No fine, no suspension, legal hit" ~~ Mike Pereira, Supervisor of NFL Do-Dah

Maybe the refs are the ones on drugs becuase leaving your feet is not against the rules. What next? A receiver makes a diving catch in the endzone but the refs throw a flag for "feet leaving the ground"?

Agreed. Here's one RG posted a few days ago.

http://articles.latimes.com/2003/aug...s/sp-nflrules3

Vicious Tacklers Will Take Big Hit From NFL Officials

By Lonnie White
August 03, 2003

It’s late in the afternoon practice Friday and San Diego quarterback Drew Brees throws a slant pass to rookie receiver Kassim Osgood. But just as the pass reaches Osgood’s hands, defensive back Drayton Florence charges into the play and lunges at his teammate.

According to referee Terry McAulay, if Florence leaves his feet to make the same type of play during the regular season, he will pick up a 15-yard personal foul penalty because the NFL has done a better job of defining what is an illegal hit and what’s not.

“It doesn’t even have to be a helmet-to-helmet hit,” said McAulay at the Chargers’ training camp at the Home Depot Center in Carson.

“Launching with a shoulder would be a foul too. The key is, you can’t launch at anyone that is defenseless, usually meaning receivers and quarterbacks. When you jump in the air and launch yourself into a hit, that’s a foul.”

Violent big hits may be a key reason behind the NFL’s popularity, but that’s not stopping the league from from clamping down even more on dangerous hits that could lead to injuries. But it’s a fine line in determining when a player is defenseless.

“If you have two feet on the ground with the ball, then you’re a runner and you’re not defenseless,” McAulay said. “The league just wants to protect its players"

Wait this coming from a fan of a team who cry after they lose to the pats in the playoffs? Like real tears. I mean if its ok to cheap shot players, then let the pats know its ok, and they will carry steelers off on stretchers. In this case, welker took his best cheap shot and got up and walked off the field.
According to the NFL the hit was clean and shouldn't have even been flagged. Leave it to the league's dirtiest player (as the head coaches voted) to make other players leave the field on a strecher!

According to the NFL the hit was clean and shouldn't have even been flagged. Leave it to the league's dirtiest player (as the head coaches voted) to make other players leave the field on a strecher!
you wouldn't happen to be Greek would ya? :shrug:

we already have a stupid Greek Steeler fan here, but 2 of yiz?

I don't think we can handle this too well :shake:

Agreed. Here's one RG posted a few days ago.

Vicious Tacklers Will Take Big Hit From NFL Officials

By Lonnie White
August 03, 2003

It’s late in the afternoon practice Friday and San Diego quarterback Drew Brees throws a slant pass to rookie receiver Kassim Osgood. But just as the pass reaches Osgood’s hands, defensive back Drayton Florence charges into the play and lunges at his teammate.

According to referee Terry McAulay, if Florence leaves his feet to make the same type of play during the regular season, he will pick up a 15-yard personal foul penalty because the NFL has done a better job of defining what is an illegal hit and what’s not.

“It doesn’t even have to be a helmet-to-helmet hit,” said McAulay at the Chargers’ training camp at the Home Depot Center in Carson.

“Launching with a shoulder would be a foul too. The key is, you can’t launch at anyone that is defenseless, usually meaning receivers and quarterbacks. When you jump in the air and launch yourself into a hit, that’s a foul.”

Violent big hits may be a key reason behind the NFL’s popularity, but that’s not stopping the league from from clamping down even more on dangerous hits that could lead to injuries. But it’s a fine line in determining when a player is defenseless.

“If you have two feet on the ground with the ball, then you’re a runner and you’re not defenseless,” McAulay said. “The league just wants to protect its players"

I think the key to this is whether or not the refs consider the receicer "defenseless" and whether or not the defender could possibly pull up from the hit or avoid it all together.

you wouldn't happen to be Greek would ya? :shrug:

we already have a stupid Greek Steeler fan here, but 2 of yiz?

I don't think we can handle this too well :shake:
By your commenet I guess you feel Greeks are extremely smart and logical poeple

safeties/DBs league-wide dream of a hung out to dry over the middle defenseless Hinesie floating thru the air w/ the greatest of ease, back turned facing the LOS, on a veritable golf-tee for them to

Jack The F UP

Thats exactly what Hines tells all the receievers on the team. He also tells them to hit them before they hit you. He definantly leads by example!

Jack The F UP

Hines could do it ;)

I think the key to this is whether or not the refs consider the receicer "defenseless" and whether or not the defender could possibly pull up from the hit or avoid it all together.

I guess, they leave themselves an out so no matter what they call they can pull something out of there ass.

My last point on this subject is, if Welker had time to let up wouldn't it stand to reason Clark could?

I want you to tell me how he was defending the pass, if you cannot, then the point is kind of made.
One technique of preventing a receiver from catching a pass his to knock him down. This would normally be flagged as pass interference but is allowed if the pass has been tipped by any of the 22 players on the field.

WTF?

How many times have you seen a QB leave the ground?

EDIT: Also, could this also not be read to include running back doing the endzone vault over the pile?

WTF?

How many times have you seen a QB leave the ground?

EDIT: Also, could this also not be read to include running back doing the endzone vault over the pile?

Brady isn't capable of getting of ther ground, even when he doe's jump.

Brady isn't capable of getting of ther ground, even when he doe's jump.
I'm not even sure that when Manning walks his feet ever stop touching the ground. He just kinda shuffles.

In fact, I think it's in his contract somewhere that his feet are never allowed to leave the ground at any time for any reason.

Jack The F UP

That has happened. Many times. Hines just gets up, smiles, and waits for the next opportunity to knock them into next week. :thumb:

Back