The SB LV Thread

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score
The crazy year of COVID
The Old Master vs the young gun
Bruce Arians vs Andy Reid
TB Buccaneers vs KC Chiefs (-3)

This will be the first Super Bowl to feature the last two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks. The Chiefs and Buccaneers met in Tampa in Week 12, and Kansas City left Florida with a 27-24 victory. The Chiefs jumped out to a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, but allowed Tom Brady and the Bucs to get back into the game. The Buccaneers scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter, but that wasn't enough to pull off a comeback win. Still, that was the Buccaneers' last loss and they reeled off 7 straight wins, 3 were road playoff games, to make it to the championship game. Impressive finish.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO, other than injury and turnovers, this game will come down to which defense can stop the other offense best.

If I'm Arians I'm studying this game film
Patrick Mahomes lost a game on November 19, 2016 when Texas Tech lost 66-10 at Iowa State.
Losing by 56 to a 3-9 Iowa State team with Patrick Mahomes as your QB seems hard to do.
This is where I start.
But here's where I finish...

If I'm Reid, I'm studying the film of these games
How to beat Brady - 101 & 102

Giants Upset Undefeated 2007 Patriots | Super Bowl XLII​

Super Bowl 46 FULL Game: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots​

The Chiefs have enough horses on their DL to get after Brady but they have to be smart about it bc the Bucs have weapons for Brady at every skill position.

The crazy year of COVID
The Old Master vs the young gun
Bruce Arians vs Andy Reid
TB Buccaneers vs KC Chiefs (-3)

This will be the first Super Bowl to feature the last two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks. The Chiefs and Buccaneers met in Tampa in Week 12, and Kansas City left Florida with a 27-24 victory. The Chiefs jumped out to a 17-0 lead in the first quarter, but allowed Tom Brady and the Bucs to get back into the game. The Buccaneers scored 14 unanswered points in the fourth quarter, but that wasn't enough to pull off a comeback win. Still, that was the Buccaneers' last loss and they reeled off 7 straight wins, 3 were road playoff games, to make it to the championship game. Impressive finish.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IMO, other than injury and turnovers, this game will come down to which defense can stop the other offense best.

If I'm Arians I'm studying this game film
Patrick Mahomes lost a game on November 19, 2016 when Texas Tech lost 66-10 at Iowa State.
Losing by 56 to a 3-9 Iowa State team with Patrick Mahomes as your QB seems hard to do.
This is where I start.
But here's where I finish...

Super Bowl 46 FULL Game: New York Giants vs. New England Patriots​

The Chiefs have enough horses on their DL to get after Brady but they have to be smart about it bc the Bucs have weapons for Brady at every skill position.
There is also the last Philly SB where Philly just let the horses run all game.

Tough game to call. The Chiefs are the favourites. But Tom is Tom, the post-season animal. He's been there 10 times and has experienced losses as well as wins so he knows these SBs like the back of his hand.

The Chiefs have the more dynamic offense but the Bucs aren't far behind. If AB is back it will be big and Gronk still has the ability to make those huge plays. The Bucs defense is now very impressive. You have to give Arians and Boles credit for that unit.

It's very tight, it really could be another nail biter.

Brady has finally broke Kellerman.
But finally, miraculously, that was enough. Finally, Kellerman has conceded:

Max Kellerman

@maxkellerman

Tom Brady has had a full Hall of Fame career...in the time SINCE I made the cliff prediction.
6:17 PM · Jan 24, 2021

Brady has finally broke Kellerman.
But finally, miraculously, that was enough. Finally, Kellerman has conceded:

Max Kellerman
@maxkellerman

Tom Brady has had a full Hall of Fame career...in the time SINCE I made the cliff prediction.
6:17 PM · Jan 24, 2021
That is awesome. One thing Brady has really taught us is let your excellent play shut up the naysayers. LOL

he doesn't have to study it. he has the dc who authored it.

That story had a happy ending though. Mack Wilson actually replied to her tweet explaining himself and she basically apologized and said it was just her Mom instinct kicking in.

Brady relishes being the underdog.

Back