The status quo

DeflateThis

Reaction score
Making this thread to keep track of our status quo in terms of players lost and signed. I'm thinking it's handy in terms of locating the teams needs as compared to last season. I'm placing our UFAs as lost until they resign.

Logan Ryan lost - replaced with Stephon Gilmore
Barkevious Mingo lost - not replaced
Sebastian Volmer lost - not replaced
Martellus Bennet pending - replaced with Dwayne Allen
LG Blount pending - not preplaced
Brandon Bolden pending - not replaced
Michael Floyd pending- not replaced
Dont'a Hightower pending - not replaced
Chris Long pending - not replaced
Greg Schruggs pending- not replaced
Jabal Sheard pending - not replaced

Thanks. This is helpful.

Making this thread to keep track of our status quo in terms of players lost and signed. I'm thinking it's handy in terms of locating the teams needs as compared to last season. I'm placing our UFAs as lost until they resign.

Martellus Bennet lost - replaced with Dwayne Allen
LG Blount lost - not preplaced
Brandon Bolden lost - not replaced
Michael Floyd - not replaced
Dont'a Hightower lost - not replaced
Chris Long lost - not replaced
Greg Schruggs lost - not replaced
Jabal Sheard lost - not replaced

You doubtlessly know more than do I, but personally, I'm reluctant to mark anyone lost who isn't lost yet. ;shrug:

You doubtlessly know more than do I, but personally, I'm reluctant to mark anyone lost who isn't lost yet. ;shrug:

Did I put up someone who shouldn't be there? I wrote that I'm putting the UFAs up until they resign. Maybe I should have use another word than lost, but I hope you get the picture.

Did I put up someone who shouldn't be there? I wrote that I'm putting the UFAs up until they resign. Maybe I should have use another word than lost, but I hope you get the picture.

How about "pending?" That might be a better word so there is no confusion with those that are actually lost like Logan.

Sebastian Volmer lost - not replacedhas already been replaced by Marcus Cannon and likely is going to retire
LG Blount lost - not preplaced Not yet gone Still an unsigned URF
Brandon Bolden lost - not replaced Still an unsigned URFA
Michael Floyd - not replaced Why do you say he is gone? Still an unsigned URF
Dont'a Hightower lost - not replacedAs of this time 3/10/17 they are working on a new contract with him.
Chris Long lost - not replaced
Greg Schruggs lost - not replacedURFA not yet gone.
Jabal Sheard lost - not replacedNot yet signed with anyone

You seem to have a very pessimistic view of the team.

You seem to have a very pessimistic view of the team.

That was not the intention. I wrote that I put the UFAs on the list (as they are not under contract). The Idea was to remove them if/when they resign. I changed their status to "pending", as suggested by Mazz.

Just disagree with that choice - If not signed and still in the picture just think I'd mark them simply as "unsigned UFA" (It's obviously your choice, just saying what mine would have been)

Cheers, :toast:

Outstanding effort.

Clearly having that info in one place in some categorized manner works.

One thing I have learned, is some folks would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

Outstanding effort.

Clearly having that info in one place in some categorized manner works.

One thing I have learned, is some folks would bitch if you hung them with a new rope.

I would only bitch if it was an old rope.

Kony Ealy replaced Jabal Sheard and/or Chris Long today, take your pick.

Kony Ealy sounds like a coffee variety you'd get at Starbucks.

"I just brewed some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, would you like a cup?"

"No thanks, that's too strong for me, just give me some of that smooth Kony Ealy, and make it a venti."

I remember Ealy as the only Panthers player who was actually playing football while his team mates were playing tiddlywinks during their SB loss to the Broncos. He had a monster game.

Kony Ealy - 5.0 Sacks
Jabaal Sheard 5.0 Sacks
Commitment for '17 Jabaal Sheard - 28 million
Kony Ealy: -8 spot drop in the draft

Efficient use of capital.

I remember Ealy as the only Panthers player who was actually playing football while his team mates were playing tiddlywinks during their SB loss to the Broncos. He had a monster game.

Kony Ealy - 5.0 Sacks
Jabaal Sheard 5.0 Sacks
Commitment for '17 Jabaal Sheard - 28 million
Kony Ealy: -8 spot drop in the draft

Efficient use of capital.

If one wants to spin that a little bit further:

Not signing Sheard saves a ton of cash and very likely gives the team a 2018 4th. Generally, that's said to be equal to a 2017 5th, right? Based on the common Draft Trade Charts, trading down 8 spots at the end of the 2nd/start of the 3rd is worth only a little more than that 2018 comp pick.

In other words, if we make that about Ealy or Sheard, it comes down to saving about $28M and getting a shot at a 2019 comp pick for Ealy for a price equivalent to a late 5th or so.

LG Blount pending - not preplaced
Brandon Bolden pending - not replaced
Michael Floyd pending- not replaced
Dont'a Hightower pending - not replaced
Chris Long pending - not replaced
Greg Schruggs pending- not replaced
Jabaal Sheard lost - replaced with Kony Ealy

The players I list aren't neccessary replacements for the lost player, but they play in the same position or a similar role. I.e if we lose Butler I would swap Gilmore to him and leavy Ryan as not replaced. Just have to take it as it goes. The same with the free agents we havent resigned.

The point is to track who we lose and if their role/position is replaced.

Lost or gone both work. Their contracts have lapsed. Blount is a FA. So is Hightower. Not part of the team.

We can sign them like any FA, but yesterday they became FAs.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 PM ----------

The players I list aren't neccessary replacements for the lost player, but they play in the same position or a similar role.
We know what you mean. It's the off-season, so it's time to get picky over semantics. :zzwhip:

Kony Ealy sounds like a coffee variety you'd get at Starbucks.

"I just brewed some Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, would you like a cup?"

"No thanks, that's too strong for me, just give me some of that smooth Kony Ealy, and make it a venti."
And whie you're at it, give me some Mesko, some of that Zoltan Mesko, if you don't mind.

Back