The unofficial porked call thread........

BuckWild

Sum Ergo Cogito
Reaction score
Geesh, I usually don't get too wrapped up in the refs calls because they are ususally pretty close and seem to even themselves out. But this is the first game in a long time that I have really gotten pissed about calls.

So here is the unofficial porked call thread, and three calls I have seen blown:

1. Refs missed blatant face mask call against Denver on Davis' catch.

2. Pass interference on Samuel.

3. Refs missed false start on the Denver field goal.

Two of those three led directly to the 10 points Denver has scored.

Add to the list as you see fit.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree we got porked on those calls but you can't turn the ball over as much as we did and win especially against a team as good as Denver. We lost the turnover battle and thats why we lost the game. Hats off to Denver.

Mr NFLfan said:
I agree we got porked on those calls but you can't turn the ball over as much as we did and win especially against a team as good as Denver. We lost the turnover battle and thats why we lost the game. Hats off to Denver.

No argument here. Denver's defense was the difference in this game.

Congrats to the Broncos. They played a very physical and uptempo game and deserved the win.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a simple equation.

You don't get pissed about blown calls when your team WINS.

Steve-o said:
It's a simple equation.

You don't get pissed about blown calls when your team WINS.

I do. Bad calls are bad calls, no matter the situation.

The question is if you can overcome bad calls. The Patriots had all the opportunity to do so, but made too many mistakes to do it.

Undertaker #59 said:
I do. Bad calls are bad calls, no matter the situation.

The question is if you can overcome bad calls. The Patriots had all the opportunity to do so, but made too many mistakes to do it.

UT, I don't think it can be said any better.

You don't need to worry about it when you win, now do you?

It's natural, and it's the right thing to do after a loss. Go back and look at *why* you lost. It you're connected to the team, it's to see how to improve. Fans all sort of pretend they are on the team.

Now, don't interpret this as saying that those calls cost the Patriots the game. I don't think they did (though it would have been very different.) 1.5 of the fumbles were forced, and the INT was a great INT, on at least a decent throw by Brady. I do think it was pretty clear that the ball went inside the pylon (Champ hit the pylon as he was releasing the ball in his forward hand) and that would have nullified the INT to an extent, but still - that's a call that could have gone either way, and it went their way.

BuckWild said:
Geesh, I usually don't get too wrapped up in the refs calls because they are ususally pretty close and seem to even themselves out. But this is the first game in a long time that I have really gotten pissed about calls.

So here is the unofficial porked call thread, and three calls I have seen blown:

1. Refs missed blatant face mask call against Denver on Davis' catch.

2. Pass interference on Samuel.

3. Refs missed false start on the Denver field goal.

Two of those three led directly to the 10 points Denver has scored.

Add to the list as you see fit.

Go Pats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd have to say if there was ANY consistency in the penalty calls, that last INT by Lynch would have been pass interference against the Broncos, which would have negated the int.

It was alot closer to a PI than what they called against Samuels. THAT sealed the game, IMHO. Even with the turnovers, the score probably would have ended up 13-10, with the Pats winning.

Re: Re: The unofficial porked call thread........

Claremonster said:
I'd have to say if there was ANY consistency in the penalty calls, that last INT by Lynch would have been pass interference against the Broncos, which would have negated the int.

It was alot closer to a PI than what they called against Samuels. THAT sealed the game, IMHO. Even with the turnovers, the score probably would have ended up 13-10, with the Pats winning.

I was gonna add that but at that point it would almost sound like pure whining.

But I agree, Davis was tackled before he ever had a chance to make a play on the ball.

BuckWild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There were some hometown calls, but it doesn't change the fact that the Pats gave the game away. The defense showed up, but the offense and special teams kept handing over the ball.
________
marijuana vaporizer

dchester said:
There were some hometown calls, but it doesn't change the fact that the Pats gave the game away. The defense showed up, but the offense and special teams kept handing over the ball.

I agree. They literally gave this game away, times five. I don't feel like the Broncos showed me much tonight, and I like the Colts chances if they get past Pittsburgh tomorrow. :thumb:

Steve-o said:
I agree. They literally gave this game away, times five. I don't feel like the Broncos showed me much tonight, and I like the Colts chances if they get past Pittsburgh tomorrow. :thumb:
I also like the Colts chances if they get past the Pitts as well, Steve-o

[gawd, I think I pulled a hammy typing that]

the funny thing is Steve-o, you I like....its the Colts that I hate. :shrug:

RoadGrader said:
I also like the Colts chances if they get past the Pitts as well, Steve-o

[gawd, I think I pulled a hammy typing that]

the funny thing is Steve-o, you I like....its the Colts that I hate. :shrug:

:LOL: ROFL

No Worries, I'm sending Ms. Keibler over to rub that hammy...

The Colts will kill Denver

We need to make sure WE get homefield next season...at least the second game...home field is HUGE at this stage of the season...the crowd, the calls, the mistakes...it all factors in...we need to focus on regular season wins and staying healthy next year.

It seems to me that the refs were just out to throw the game. There is no way we could lose to the Broncos in a fair game. Ever. We are the best team to ever play in the NFL, so how could we lose to the BRONCOS?
I felt so bad for Bill at the press conference. He looked so sad. I just wanted to hug him and tell him that Tom will win us the AFC East again next year. We are the AFC East Champs!!! Don't be sad Bill.
2005 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS:
AFC EAST CHAMPIONS !!!!

Exactly, we can get at least 4 or 5 wins in the AFC East. WHo cares if we are as good as the Steelers or COlts or Broncos? As long as we're better than the Phins and Jets, we get a shot at the Superbowl!!!
Man, am I glad we play in the AFC East.

Back