The Unofficial "This Will Not Stand" Thread

See, that's the thing. As far as I understand, as long as we aren't pricks or talk about how we want it put in our butts, this place is still the same. Right?

Because there is hammers coming down for really basic shit. And that is what everyone was worried about.

Well, no, because there are some posters here who like to talk about real-world stuff like politics, and that's been banned.

I enjoy participating in some of the regular social threads (music, books, movies, etc), but I already find that I'm starting to come here less in the past 24 hours... except to read updates on what's been changed.
:shrug:

Sorry,I don't agree.

You can forbid any discussion of certain topics.

But you can no longer claim that this is still a forum where "pretty much anything goes, as always"

Not whining, just giving my opinion.

Also,not saying that the people doing the heavy lifting don't have a right to make these decisions.

But, please...don't pretend that a ban on discussion of controversial topics doesn't make this a very, very different place.

I have to agree with this.

I know I am afraid of postng something will be deemed "inappropriate" or "in the wrong forum." I'm sure others here feel the same.

Face it.. This place has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

All in all, I fear these changes are gonna make this place a big ol' yawner, which I guess is what the "football" folks really want.

I don't think it'll end up being much of a deal anyway. Let's face it, the people that only posted in the types of threads that are still in this section will still be here. The people that did fuss about so much OT stuff and trying to find the threads will be there. The rest of us really shouldn't have much trouble surfing two sub forums (hell, half of us did that between Circus and Political anyway).

I have to agree with this.

I know I am afraid of postng something will be deemed "inappropriate" or "in the wrong forum." I'm sure others here feel the same.

Face it.. This place has changed, and not necessarily for the better.

I have stopped 3 post today for I am not sure if it is allowed or not allowed etc etc

I have to find that link of rules that Anni posted so I can read it one more time

Yeah, it was awful.

It got to the point where I just gave up trying to have any meaningful conversation about the Patriots because some a-hole would just pop up and post about boobs or post a picture and then the thread was destroyed.

No amount of 'community' has been lost here. You can still go and talk about all the boobs and buttsechs and dirty old man thoughts you want. Just not in the football threads.

Well then i guess you (and hopefully the mods and other posters) can understand how i feel like my contributions here are being marginalized. I mean imagine how you would feel if other posters told you that you were ruining PP, and thank god the mods finally saved us from you.

The forum has gone off in a new and exciting direction. I wish you all nothing but luck. But lets be honest. Except for all the bitching and whinig, the OT forum has been all but dead since the changes were made. It wont ever have the same feel it once had. It wont ever be as busy as it once was. I am geniunely happy for everyone who is ecstatic about the new PP. I hope it works out for you. I really honestly do.

Well, no, because there are some posters here who like to talk about real-world stuff like politics, and that's been banned.

I enjoy participating in some of the regular social threads (music, books, movies, etc), but I already find that I'm starting to come here less in the past 24 hours... except to read updates on what's been changed.
:shrug:

That sucks the political thread was closed. Becuase it used to be a good place to visit for *discussion*. Some hella rude shit was being thrown around in there, though. I understand why it was closed.

But dude, hammering down on southcarolina because he is joking about shit, which is his normal posting style- meaning he isn't going out of his way to make fun or mock anything, is bullshit. No one can post anything anymore without being scared? What the f*ck.

I was all for this change. And I think Anni has been going out of his way to explain shit is still the same. And I think he is upkeeping that. But not everyone feels that way, it seems.

I don't think it'll end up being much of a deal anyway. Let's face it, the people that only posted in the types of threads that are still in this section will still be here. The people that did fuss about so much OT stuff and trying to find the threads will be there. The rest of us really shouldn't have much trouble surfing two sub forums (hell, half of us did that between Circus and Political anyway).

My main problem is the closing of the political forum. I'm being biased because I enjoyed the discussions there.

I just find it very hard to believe that people complaining about the posts in the political forum were actually regular posters themselves.

It just seems like a few complainers have ruined it for the rest of us. That pisses me off.

Yeah, because thats something I can totally prove. :rolleyes:

And gee, how could someone POSSIBLY have a problem posting in a forum that they feel is filled with hate and insults or whatever? :rolleyes:

C'mon man. Give me a break...

Oh, I know, woe is you. You were so persecuted there, it's a miracle you came out the other side.

I'm not going to get into it with you, because I think you are one of those few that complained about the political forum to the point where it now no longer exists. I hope you're happy.

Well then i guess you (and hopefully the mods and other posters) can understand how i feel like my contributions here are being marginalized. I mean imagine how you would feel if other posters told you that you were ruining PP, and thank god the mods finally saved us from you.

This.

Also, speaking of "this", I feel like most of the response in the football forum or going to be "this" and "+1" and forced, because no one wants to not be a part of a thread anymore, for fear that they aren't here for "the football".

Will it become blah? Possibly.

Oh, I know, woe is you. You were so persecuted there, it's a miracle you came out the other side.

I'm not going to get into it with you, because I think you are one of those few that complained about the political forum to the point where it now no longer exists. I hope you're happy.

See now, if you 2 could shut the f*ck up this shit probably wouldn't have gone down.

God damn, quit bringing the shit out.

This is exactly the problem.

See now, if you 2 could shut the f*ck up this shit probably wouldn't have gone down.

God damn, quit bringing the shit out.

This is exactly the problem.

You don't know what you're talking about.

My main problem is the closing of the political forum. I'm being biased because I enjoyed the discussions there.

I just find it very hard to believe that people complaining about the posts in the political forum were actually regular posters themselves.

It just seems like a few complainers have ruined it for the rest of us. That pisses me off.

This wasn't about complainers though. I'd say it was more our annual meltdown, but like the past few seasons was getting progressively worse, so the mods pulled the reigns back in for a while.

I'd also say closing the political wasn't about complainers, but more the fact that so much of it turned to just plain attack flame wars that would inevitably spill over into the main forums. Again, for the time being at least the Council of the <s>26</s> <s>27</s> 26 had to lay the smack down.

This.

Also, speaking of "this", I feel like most of the response in the football forum or going to be "this" and "+1" and forced, because no one wants to not be a part of a thread anymore, for fear that they aren't here for "the football".

Will it become blah? Possibly.

People who want to talk about real football will continue to talk about real football.

The actual complaint that caused most of these changes was the derailing of threads, the clique-like behavior that often caused the derailing of threads, and so on which led to a decline in football talk.

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'd be VERY curious to see how many people have signed up in the past year, saw all of the social stuff going on even in football threads, and left, since they saw that most football threads got derailed by the secks-talk and flirting of adults as if they were a bunch of young teenagers.

i'm really not liking this split forum. not one bit. i enjoyed the "tailgate" feel of it before where you could talk both football and non football topics all together. Its easier when its together. I don't know where to post topics now.

Where do i post something that I know starts as a football topic but anticipate it to become an off topic thread?

The more difficult I find something to be the less likely i am to continue to go there. its just that simple. This may be the beginning of the end for the monkey......and i'll take my girlies with me.

I don't?

Are you guys joking?

Because every ****ing thread in the Political forum turned into this shit. And then it was brought out to the real threads. :shrug:

I, for one, didn't bring anything out to the "real" threads.

Whatever happens in the political forum stays in the political forum (or at least it did).

I'm sorry if I've offended you.

This wasn't about complainers though. I'd say it was more our annual meltdown, but like the past few seasons was getting progressively worse, so the mods pulled the reigns back in for a while.

I'd also say closing the political wasn't about complainers, but more the fact that so much of it turned to just plain attack flame wars that would inevitably spill over into the main forums. Again, for the time being at least the Council of the <s>26</s> <s>27</s> 26 had to lay the smack down.

I've read several posts stating those points, so I guess my question is...

Why couldn't the offenders themselves (those spilling over into the main forums) be dealt with, instead of closing down the entire forum?

Honest question - Not meant to offend anyone.

this may be the beginning of the end for the monkey......and i'll take my girlies with me.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back