This week: TheBrownsBoard.com

Here we go. Another week, another round of trolls coming here to explain to us how their team has figured out a certain game scheme that will give them a victory over the two time World Champion Patriots. How many variations of that theme have we heard ? But now we are hearing it form Cleveland (the mistake by the lake). Wonder if they have had any good river fires lately ?

:D

The old Browns have nothing to do with these ones other than the uniforms.

I believe the Browns were able to maintain the old records, unlike Baltimore and L.A.. I could be wrong, but I think that's where the Drown fans get the idea that they're up on us.

Mayday Malone said:
The old Browns have nothing to do with these ones other than the uniforms.

I believe the Browns were able to maintain the old records, unlike Baltimore and L.A.. I could be wrong, but I think that's where the Drown fans get the idea that they're up on us.

That was part of the deal when Modell screwed Cleveland. The Ravens history officially starts with the '96 season.

Undertaker #59 said:
Umm...ATENEARS IS TheBrownsBoard management, and a very nice guy. Man, you guys can be harsh.

I'm sure he's a great guy. I think the boys here miss the "smack" thread U59 and are assuming that all visitors are evil troll. Hell, even one of the Raven trolls turned out to be a good guy. There is hope for the rest of the NFL, I believe.

I'm pretty sure that new Zombo fellow is going to be a pretty solid contributor as well. He's well spoken and quite articulate.

The Browns are like that girl in high school... You know, a really nice person with a good personality. They just don't look very good.

..... And in breaking news, thebrownsboard.com is no longer in service.

Sumpin' happened over there. I was actually thinking of signing up and doing my first bit of trolling for the year!

Undertaker #59 said:

Just a technical hiccup, I'm sure. We know a thing or two about server crashes, eh boys?

Ok, looks like a few of you need to be briefed.

1. Those guys you are playing Sunday are THE Cleveland Browns. As some of the more astute in the room pointed out, Cleveland kept the colors, name and history.

2. Yes, the Browns lead the all-time series. What's it mean? Just that we've been the better team in this series. Take it however you want.

3. The Browns have four NFL championships, the Pats have two. Yes, the old ones still count as much as the new ones.

OK, on to this week:

Regardless of what we say, it'll just be comical for you and I understand that. We are 3-8 and you're ... not.

However...

on top of the the "any given Sunday" theory the "wounded animal" theory and the "nothing to lose" theory there are some factors that may concern you:

We just changed QBs and scored 48 points.

If our coaching staff is worth a lick of salt they will have the defense so embarassed and pissed off this week that will put out their best performance of the season.

The Browns have played well at home.

Again ... just a bunch of pissed of players with nothing to lose. Lost a lot of tough games, toughest schedule in the NFL, frustration is building and it could break in one of two ways: giving up on the coach ... maybe. But if we get a lead at home behind a confident QB and a pissed off defense ... you just might not escape.

Zombo
--expect a dogfight. And, seriously, prepare to lose.

Zombo said:
OK, on to this week:

Regardless of what we say, it'll just be comical for you and I understand that. We are 3-8 and you're ... not.

However...

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You have to see it from our point of view too - that almost every team we've played this year had the same kind of song and dance (with varying differences in the flavor), and all of them but one left beaten - so we're getting pretty immune to that kind of talk from our visitors. Part of it comes from winning 24 out of 25 games in a two year span - you get used to winning.

No matter how we fans view it, I'm pretty sure that Bill Bellichick is convincing his guys that you are the second coming of the '85 Bears.

Any idea what happened to your board over there?

Zombo said:

2. Yes, the Browns lead the all-time series. What's it mean? Just that we've been the better team in this series. Take it however you want.

3. The Browns have four NFL championships, the Pats have two. Yes, the old ones still count as much as the new ones.
I fail to understand how any of this is going to save you from our warth come sunday.

1. On top of the the "any given Sunday" theory the "wounded animal" theory and the "nothing to lose" theory there are some factors that may concern you:
We just changed QBs and scored 48 points.
3.If our coaching staff is worth a lick of salt they will have the defense so embarassed and pissed off this week that will put out their best performance of the season.
If your coaching staff was worth a lick of salt don't you think they would have put Holcomb in soon than yesterday?

2. The Browns have played well at home.
Yeah, when you haven't lost a game at home in 3 years, than you can say your playing good at home. not before.

just a bunch of pissed of players with nothing to lose.
Playing a bunch of pissed off guys with everything to gain. And as far as giving up on your coach, that wouldn't be the first time the Browns have played that card now would it? thats something you know real good isn't it?

But we get a lead at home behind a confident QB and a pissed off defense ... you just might not escape.

Thats a mighty big "IF" ain't it? when's the last time the Patriots Haven't scored first? Whats up to now, 19 or25 weeks?

Rest assured the Patriots will discover your strength and then take it away from you. turn it into your weekness. and force you to use your weekness to try and compensate. You mister Zombo are in for a treat. Enjoy.

Showtime

The Browns have 4 NFL Championships? Well, I may be blind but I looked over the list of past Super Bowl Champions and I didn't see the Cleveland Browns mentioned anywhere. You're going to go by NFL championships prior to 1967? All I can say is WOW, that gives a new meaning to the words grasping at straws. With those "championships" and a dollar you could get yourself a cup of coffee, a buck fifty if you leave a tip.

The only thing that the series record means is that the Browns have been the better of the two teams. Nothing else, just the better of the two teams to-date.

And Yes, the Host server has a glitch over at theBrownsBoard.com and Yes, me and my sidekick Zombo are trying our hardest to keep a straight face during these troubled times with our site and our team.

We couldn't be more disappointed with the current Browns season, but I have season tickets and go to every game and I am telling you right now that this team is scary, they play to the level of the competition and that you guys are definately going to run into a buzz saw this weekend. I am guaranteeing a win for the Browns this Sunday.

ATENEARS (Don't feel bad, not too many teams have an overall winning record over the Browns)

ATENEARS said:
..... and I am telling you right now that this team is scary, they play to the level of the competition and that you guys are definately going to run into a buzz saw this weekend. I am guaranteeing a win for the Browns this Sunday.

You'll only be the bazillionth person to make that guarantee in the last 11 weeks, so I hope you don't mind if we remember that statement come Sunday afternoon when we come looking for you.

You guys never did comment....can that buzzsaw of yours cut a hunk of iron? Guess we'll find out.

ATENEARS (Don't feel bad, not too many teams have an overall winning record over the Browns)

Don't worry, we don't feel bad. This current Pats team doesn't give much of a sh!t about past history, just the current game - most of the fans are the same way.

See ya around! If you're board stays down, you're more than welcome to hang around here this week (though you may get a little flack, but I guess that's to be expected).

Ok, I want to know which one of you guys crashed the Browns board! :D

Undertaker #59 said:
Ok, I want to know which one of you guys crashed the Browns board! :D

I tried to tell them about running iron through a buzz saw, but they didn't believe me.

Why oh why didn't they believe me? :(

Now they need to go and get them a new saw, and they just won't have time to get it ready for the game.....hell, they'll be lucky to find a raggedy pair of scissors being as the Christmas rush is on and all.....

ATENEARS said:
you guys are definitely going to run into a buzz saw this weekend. I am guaranteeing a win for the Browns this Sunday.

Bro ya gotta remember an aluminum 12 tooth rip blade can not withstand the pressure of rigid steel.

.... Browns management is in the process of changing blades as we speak your HC is officially out ...... the question is are they improving the quality or throwing in a sacrificial lamb for the remainder of the season.

I can't see the Pats imploding this week and thats exactly what would have to happen for us to come out of the silo with a lose.

Don't get me wrong us Pats fans can remember our team and coach sucking for years. I admire your commitment to your team non the less but your good fortune will not start this sunday.

BROWNS BOARD UPDATE:
We have been experimenting with the hunk of steel and our Craftsman Buzz Saw. When we engage the two entities, they became gridlocked. We reved the buzzsaw even harder ... but still gridlock ... the buzzsaw roared with each revolution, until finally the circuits blew and wiped out the massive power supply at TheBrownsBoard.com headquarters. We lost our web site in the process, but after we returned from the burning river with our torches, we found that we had a new operator at the helm (or at least got rid of the old operator) and that hunk of steel was split into two.

Browns 28
Patriots 24

Back