Three changes I'd like to see the NFL make

Hogfarmer

Reaction score
#1) I'd like to see teams only play other teams within their own conference during the 16 game regular season. After all, teams are competing within their conference for seeding into playoffs. You could even go so far as to just have each team play all the other conference teams 1 time. 16 teams =16 games.

#2) Bye weeks should occur within a 2 week period instead of being spread out for 10 weeks . The current situation benefits teams with a bye in week 10 more than a bye in week 4. Sit the AFC week 9 and sit the NFC week 10 and it's all fair.

#3) I'd like to see teams play out of division games weeks 1-8 and all division games weeks 9-17. The second half of the season teams have become who they are and then let them duke it out to win the division. It would be really intense the 2nd half of the season this way.

Thoughts????

#1) I'd like to see teams only play other teams within their own conference during the 16 game regular season. After all, teams are competing within their conference for seeding into playoffs. You could even go so far as to just have each team play all the other conference teams 1 time. 16 teams =16 games.

#2) Bye weeks should occur within a 2 week period instead of being spread out for 10 weeks . The current situation benefits teams with a bye in week 10 more than a bye in week 4. Sit the AFC week 9 and sit the NFC week 10 and it's all fair.

#3) I'd like to see teams play out of division games weeks 1-8 and all division games weeks 9-17. The second half of the season teams have become who they are and then let them duke it out to win the division. It would be really intense the 2nd half of the season this way.

Thoughts????

Some good ideas. Eliminating interconference games allows either a 3rd division game or a second division within the conference.

One other thing I would love to see is the elimination of the pre-game coin flip...unless the game goes overtime. Visiting team gets the ball first, home team gets the 2nd half kickoff. Always liked that idea.

Some good ideas. Eliminating interconference games allows either a 3rd division game or a second division within the conference.

One other thing I would love to see is the elimination of the pre-game coin flip...unless the game goes overtime. Visiting team gets the ball first, home team gets the 2nd half kickoff. Always liked that idea.

I like that too.

One more would be allowing any player put on IR to return when healthy instead of the 2 player rule. You went to the trouble to draft or acquire that player to benefit your team. Let him do that.

Thoughts????

I think your math skills are lacking. If you play every other team in your 16-team conference exactly once, that's 15 games, not 16.

After all, you can't play yourself. Although, if Mahomes and the Chefs played themselves in a prime-time game, they'd figure out a way to lose. :coffee:

I think your math skills are lacking. If you play every other team in your 16-team conference exactly once, that's 15 games, not 16.

After all, you can't play yourself. Although, if Mahomes and the Chefs played themselves in a prime-time game, they'd figure out a way to lose. :coffee:

Don't be a dick , surely you get the point.

My dick notwithstanding, you need a better plan.

For example: Each team plays two games (one home, one away) against each divisional rival (6 games) plus one game against every non-divisional rival (12 games) for a total of 18.

The NFLPA might object, though. They might give in to such a plan if the owners made concessions like expanding active roster sizes and raising salary caps.

Also, if you are a season ticket holder for say, the Detroit Lions, is it fair for you to go the next 20 years without ever seeing your team play in a game that counts against the next GOAT, just because his team happens to be in the AFC and your team has next to zero chance of ever appearing in a Super Bowl?

I think the division alignment/scheduling is one of the few things the NFL has gotten right. I could get behind keeping the bye weeks in a shorter period though.

I think the division alignment/scheduling is one of the few things the NFL has gotten right. I could get behind keeping the bye weeks in a shorter period though.

Agree on both points. EVERY team's current schedule consists of 4 games vs. Division Leaders from last year, 4 games vs. Second-place finishers, etc. That kind of schedule balance is rare in any league.

And your favorite team plays every other franchise at least once every four years, which gives you several chances to see the next GOAT in a meaningful game.

I like the NFL schedule format just the way it is. We get to see every team over a 4 year period and every team at home over an 8 year period.

I can get behind a shorter bye period, perhaps 8 teams per week over 4 weeks.

I'd like to see teams only play other teams within their own conference during the 16 game regular season. After all, teams are competing within their conference for seeding into playoffs. You could even go so far as to just have each team play all the other conference teams 1 time. 16 teams =16 games.
Do the math again

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

What is your point? What you said was impossible.

This is a joke thread . All his posts has been to get a reaction out of people

I'd like to see teams play out of division games weeks 1-8 and all division games weeks 9-17. The second half of the season teams have become who they are and then let them duke it out to win the division. It would be really intense the 2nd half of the season this way.

Thoughts????
How many division games do you want them to play again? Are we back to each team scrimmaging with itself, but now for TWO games. How will they determine which team is home and which is away if there is only one team playing in the game

Bye weeks should occur within a 2 week period instead of being spread out for 10 weeks .
So each of your two week periods will only have 8 games that weekend? One Thursday night, One Sunday night, and one Monday night...That leaves Sunday afternoon a little bleak, don't you think?

This is a joke thread . All his posts has been to get a reaction out of people
My reaction is that he is severely math challenged. Two of this 'ideas,' and I use the term loosely, are outright impossible, and the third, having 16 teams go on bye the same week, is just outright stupid.

I noticed early on . He refuses to be serious in any of his posts. It's more fun to just mess with people.

Do the math again

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 PM ----------

What is your point? What you said was impossible.

He's right if he can just play with himself' :coffee:

Lets break some tension:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uS90B4sZf7U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back