Tom Brady - NFL Records

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 10:27 AM said:
Brady's 7 year average being 8th in QB rating proves hes not even a top 5. Without Moss does Brady even have 35 TD's...that answer is pretty much a no...

And who are the other 7? I would like to do a comparison of their receivers to Brady's the last 6 years.

By your very own theory, for your argument to hold water, the better the receiver(s), the better the QB. So for this comment to stand, you need to show that Brady had as good or better receivers than the other 7.

Does Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, Stokley, and whomever else is catching the ball make Peyton Manning? According to your stance, they do.

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 10:27 AM said:

Were have you proved your credibility ... by merely saying I am wrong makes your bias Brady loving oppinion that isn't worth the toilet paper you wiped it off of right...

My standards don't change. Brady is the best QB in recent history for the same reason Montana was a greater QB than Marino. Right from the beginning. I don't change my standards to meet changing circumstances, as you do.

Montana got it done when the game was on the line..he led his team to win the tough, close games, and led his team to championships.

That's not to say that Marino wasn't a great QB, but he takes a back seat to Montana, and now Brady...for the same reasons. Leadership, and performance under pressure.

You set a bar for Brady to cross to be considered great..the record books. He met those standards this year, and you are looking for a way out, rather than acknowledging that Brady met your criteria.

Therick67* on 01-07-2008 at 10:44 AM said:
Dumb dumb - Brady did it with receivers not nearly as good as Rand Moss....I see logic isn't one of your strong points...

Marino was 'truly' great - he lead his team to ZERO Championships and an 8 - 10 playoff record...

Poor dumb dumbROFL

Therick why don't you just go back to your room & keep playing your Madden 07 ,,,and quit trying to make a point with the big boys...you brain might hurt itself...

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 10:13 AM said:
Dipshit...3 Lombardi's is a Team accomplishment...not Tom Brady's...

2 SB MVPs then.

Baron Samedi on 01-07-2008 at 01:43 PM said:
My standards don't change. Brady is the best QB in recent history for the same reason Montana was a greater QB than Marino. Right from the beginning. I don't change my standards to meet changing circumstances, as you do.

Montana got it done when the game was on the line..he led his team to win the tough, close games, and led his team to championships.

That's not to say that Marino wasn't a great QB, but he takes a back seat to Montana, and now Brady...for the same reasons. Leadership, and performance under pressure.

You set a bar for Brady to cross to be considered great..the record books. He met those standards this year, and you are looking for a way out, rather than acknowledging that Brady met your criteria.

Marino is alltime 2nd by 1 game to Elway for all time combacks with a team with no defense or Running game...and unlike Brady he used his talent to do it...not the referees

Again you & the NFL may need to promote superbowl rings and attach them to single players as if they actually won them...but its a team accomplishment...ask Joe Montanna himself...he'll tell you

But if you really need to credit 1 person, that would definately be Adam Venetiei...without him not only you don't win 3 Superbowls with his last minute game winning kicks,the Patriots don't even get to the big games without him...

LMFAO!!! Thats why Kraft let him go...he was taking to much of the glory off the "Great" Tommy Terrific' story the QB with "ZERO" passing records & 3 Team "Fraud" Rings

HOF Adam Veneiteiri The greatest Clutch Kicker in History...

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 01:44 PM said:
Therick why don't you just go back to your room & keep playing your Madden 07 ,,,and quit trying to make a point with the big boys...you brain might hurt itself...

Hey dumb dumb - it appears 'you brain might hurt itself'ROFL

You are one dumb mother phucker:thumb:

Smudger* on 01-07-2008 at 01:45 PM said:
2 SB MVPs then.

I guess if you want to give a MVP award for throwing 80 yards with yds 60 after the catch...yea!!! sure...he s an MVP...

If you want to give an MVP award for a QB that can only get the ball in FG range so his kicker can make 40+ yarder under pressure to win the game...sure He's an MVP !!

Tom Brady is a solid top 10 QB all 7 years of his career...no doubt...but in the fraud catagory & overhyped player award...he is definatly #1

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 01:50 PM said:
Marino is alltime 2nd by 1 game to Elway for all time combacks with a team with no defense or Running game...and unlike Brady he used his talent to do it...not the referees

Again you & the NFL may need to promote superbowl rings and attach them to single players as if they actually won them...but its a team accomplishment...ask Joe Montanna himself...he'll tell you

But if you really need to credit 1 person, that would definately be Adam Venetiei...without him not only you don't win 3 Superbowls with his last minute game winning kicks,the Patriots don't even get to the big games without him...

LMFAO!!! Thats why Kraft let him go...he was taking to much of the glory off the "Great" Tommy Terrific' story the QB with "ZERO" passing records & 3 Team "Fraud" Rings

HOF Adam Veneiteiri The greatest Clutch Kicker in History...

Is this an example of 'you brain working'?

If it is you might wan't to take a bath with an electrical appliance you brain dead idiot:thumb:

Therick67* on 01-07-2008 at 01:53 PM said:
Hey dumb dumb - it appears 'you brain might hurt itself'ROFL

You are one dumb mother phucker:thumb:

Therick why don't you just post when you actually have something to add to the topic...and keep your hands out of your pants when writing about Brady...

its getting pretty obvious you get a chubby every time Tom Brady is mentioned...I hope you watch the Patriot games in your room with the door locked so your mother doesn't see you doing that !!

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 01:57 PM said:
Therick why don't you just post when you actually have something to add to the topic...and keep your hands out of your pants when writing about Brady...

its getting pretty obvious you get a chubby every time Tom Brady is mentioned...I hope you watch the Patriot games in your room with the door locked so your mother doesn't see you doing that !!

Say's the guy with the same old tired schtick...

Marinos great, Manning great, Brady suck, Moss punk ass, referee's favoritism, Kraft contracts....blah blah.....

Why don't you add something dumb dumb other than the same old tired shit...you've been proven wrong and stupid a few thousand times, you either ignore it, dismiss it or simply don't get it..witch is it? It can't be both...

Brady sucks - he has no records - Brady still sucks even though he has records - it's all the'olly oop to Moss'...

Witch is it?

Adam Venetiei...without him not only you don't win 3 Superbowls with his last minute game winning kicks,the Patriots don't even get to the big games without him...

Yeah.... cause no other kicker could have made those kicks right?

I'll give you the snowbowl one, but that leaves a lot more average run of the mill kicks Gostkowski could probably make.

:rolleyes:

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 01:54 PM said:
I guess if you want to give a MVP award for throwing 80 yards with yds 60 after the catch...yea!!! sure...he s an MVP...

He throws it short, you don't like it.

He throws it long you don't like it.

What a surprise!

Can you please tell us all what, in your opinion, is the correct length of pass Brady should be throwing?

Bottom line is Brady can make all the throws and makes the right read and the right throw the vast majority of plays, even under the severest pressure in the playoffs. He's led more 4th quarter comeback drives than Ricky Williams has smoked spliffs (ok, maybe not quite).

And as with all true greats, he's so far been at his best in the big games.

66% passes completed in the SBs, 235 average passing yards, 6TDs and only one pick (tut tut).

Oh, and he's also averaged 3.5 yards per carry rushing in the big game!

Oh....so the QB doesn't make much difference to whether a team wins or loses?

If a team is good enuff to win a championship, it doesn't matter who the QB is.....

I get it.

So, the Chicago Bears would have lost whether it was Rex Grossman or Dan Marino at the helm, and the Colts would have won whether they had Peyton Manning or Rex Grossman....

This is one of your most brilliant points!!!! A quarterback is measured only by how many yards he passes for...winning and losing is irrelevant, because that is a "team accomplishment".

And you actually really put your foot in it when you claimed Marino is second all time in comebacks...and in the same breath credit Vinatieri with all the Patriots comebacks.....

....one of Marino's classic trademarks was getting the team in field goal range at the end of the game....of all those comebacks you mention, how many were kicks?

Therick67* on 01-07-2008 at 01:56 PM said:
Is this an example of 'you brain working'?

If it is you might wan't to take a bath with an electrical appliance you brain dead idiot:thumb:

OOOH!!! Nice one Therick !!!... WOOHOO!!!

Baron Samedi on 01-07-2008 at 03:54 PM said:
1] Oh....so the QB doesn't make much difference to whether a team wins or loses?

2] If a team is good enuff to win a championship, it doesn't matter who the QB is.....I get it.

3] So, the Chicago Bears would have lost whether it was Rex Grossman or Dan Marino at the helm, and the Colts would have won whether they had Peyton Manning or Rex Grossman....

4] This is one of your most brilliant points!!!! A quarterback is measured only by how many yards he passes for...winning and losing is irrelevant, because that is a "team accomplishment".

5] And you actually really put your foot in it when you claimed Marino is second all time in comebacks...and in the same breath credit Vinatieri with all the Patriots comebacks.....

6] one of Marino's classic trademarks was getting the team in field goal range at the end of the game....of all those comebacks you mention, how many were kicks?

1] A great Kicker, a great RB a great defensive front 7 makes just as much as a differance as a QB to win a game. Thats a Fact !

2] You never heard of Trent Dilfer? Get out more !!!!

3] Any game if regular season, post season or championship are all Team accomplishments..The media & the sport overhypes them for the sale & label individual players is just wrong...and you know it...its a great team accomplishment & 53 men on that roster are responsable for the outcome espeially the coaches.

4] Spin away so you can feel like you actually are making a point...I never said that ...your being a "Therick"...smarten up!!

5] without Adam Veniteiri "0" SuperBowl rings...it looked to me like Brady couldn't & didn't get the ball in the End Zone to win...he only got in FG range to win, what if they need 4 pts ?\

6] I think 60,000 yds & 420 TD passes and about 30 other NFL History making QB records pretty much credits Marino...not his Kicker...

Tom Brady is not Dan Marino, or Manning... his 1st 6 whole season Brady didn't even have 1 single QB passing record...how many time do i have to say it before it sinks into any of your thick heads...

Brady averaged 8th in QB Rating as I posted directly from the NFL, 2 seasons he was ranked 9th & one season 10th even...1 6th and 1 season 7th and this year 1st....

Of course it doesn't mean anything because he doesn't wear a Patriot uniform but Manning ranked 1st in QB rating the last 3 consecutuive years from 2003-2006...unless its Brady it really doesn't count...can't you idiots see what your trying to say..

Tom Brady is now the nfl record holder for most TD's in a season...Nuff said

and by the way D22,That record breaker randy moss is working out just fine for us

Must suck been a one man crusader against the perfect patriots

P4E* on 01-07-2008 at 06:32 PM said:
Tom Brady is now the nfl record holder for most TD's in a season...Nuff said

and by the way D22,That record breaker randy moss is working out just fine for us

Must suck been a one man crusader against the perfect patriots

The Most TDs in a season is a far cry from the best QB in the league...and hysterical if even considered of All Time...

SuperBowl rings are a great team accomplishment but don't make you the best QB in the league even that season..never mind of All Time

If 8 other good active top 10 QB's next year have an easy schedule & division playing the worst 7 -9 defenses & try and beat Brady's 50 TD record it will be easy...anyone can break a record if you try...

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 07:43 PM said:
anyone can break a record if you try...

This must be true because you have officially broken the broken record record. Don't you ever get tired of saying the same redundant, nonsensical stuff?

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 08:43 PM said:
The Most TDs in a season is a far cry from the best QB in the league

Perhaps you're right. Maybe the MVP of the league is needed to say who's the best. ROFL

Now in your nitwitted pathetic mind you'll never admit this but if say Manning was voted MVP over Brady this year you'd have 10 threads on here attempting to diss us about it.

Do you see how pathetic you are? I know what you'd do before you even do it. Seriously, if you think you're even remotely intelligent you're not. I have a harder time predicting the actions of toddlers. :p

Dolphin22 on 01-07-2008 at 06:27 PM said:
1] A great Kicker, a great RB a great defensive front 7 makes just as much as a differance as a QB to win a game. Thats a Fact !

2] You never heard of Trent Dilfer? Get out more !!!!

3] Any game if regular season, post season or championship are all Team accomplishments..The media & the sport overhypes them for the sale & label individual players is just wrong...and you know it...its a great team accomplishment & 53 men on that roster are responsable for the outcome espeially the coaches.

4] Spin away so you can feel like you actually are making a point...I never said that ...your being a "Therick"...smarten up!!

5] without Adam Veniteiri "0" SuperBowl rings...it looked to me like Brady couldn't & didn't get the ball in the End Zone to win...he only got in FG range to win, what if they need 4 pts ?\

6] I think 60,000 yds & 420 TD passes and about 30 other NFL History making QB records pretty much credits Marino...not his Kicker...

Tom Brady is not Dan Marino, or Manning... his 1st 6 whole season Brady didn't even have 1 single QB passing record...how many time do i have to say it before it sinks into any of your thick heads...

Brady averaged 8th in QB Rating as I posted directly from the NFL, 2 seasons he was ranked 9th & one season 10th even...1 6th and 1 season 7th and this year 1st....

Of course it doesn't mean anything because he doesn't wear a Patriot uniform but Manning ranked 1st in QB rating the last 3 consecutuive years from 2003-2006...unless its Brady it really doesn't count...can't you idiots see what your trying to say..

1. Yeah, but a great QB makes a good team better. You mean to tell me that in 2001, the Patriots were the most talented team in the league? Of course not. Now THAT was an all tiem great 4th quarter drive.

2. Baltimore had the best defense of all time. Nice cherry you picked there, D. But, in response to your question...if Trent Dilfer had 3 rings....he's a great QB. Maybe not the "greatest"....but certainly great. He doesn't, he isn't.

3. Except for Tom Brady...that's all Randy Moss. You made that clear.

4. No, but you keep throwing career passing yards out there as a stat that matters....and you discount Brady's winning record in the regular season, playoffs, and Super Bowls.....ergo.....passing yards are more important than winning for determining greatness.

5. So, when a team is down by 1 or 2 points, the QB should not try to get in field goal range, but all the way to the end zone.
There is a reason why coaches call running plays when they are in field goal range.....figure it out.

6. What's his career yards passing and TD's got to do with this?....I want to know how many 4th quarter drives for a field goal he had in his comebacks. What percentage of winning field goals would you say is "acceptable" for a great QB? Because if he's not scoring TD's, he's not great.

Back