Tom Brady - NFL Records

pookie* on 01-07-2008 at 09:16 PM said:
Don't you ever get tired of saying the same redundant, nonsensical stuff?

I ask you all the same exact samequestion...as all as Im doing is answering your 1,000'nds of same redundant, nonsensical stuff

Baron Samedi on 01-07-2008 at 11:43 PM said:
1. Yeah, but a great QB makes a good team better.

2. Nice cherry you picked there, D. But,

3] passing yards are more important than winning for determining greatness.

4] So, when a team is down by 1 or 2 points, the QB should not try to get in field goal range, but all the way to the end zone.

5] Because if he's not scoring TD's, he's not great.

1] We agree...but its a team game...even Micheal Jorden still needed 4 other guys out there to win...as Brady needs 53...

2] There is no But !!! Im telling you a Superbowl doesn't make you a great QB...did you really think Trent Dilfer was the only mediocre QB in a SB ?

In 39 Superbowls from 1967-2006 I'll list 19 QB's in Superbowls that will never be in the HOF...count them and the reason Dallas-Pitts-SF-Miami had multiple Rings..they had great balanced dominant teams not great QB's... Brady of course is a good QB & responsable for alot of your success, but not the reason you have 3 rings...

http://football.about.com/cs/superbowl/a/sbquarterbacks.htm

3] Please don't insult my intelligence..thats when the conversation goes south & Im sick of "Therick" talk...

4] Again..an insult...my point is you all & the NFL hyped media for glorified sensationalized stories want to give Brady all the credit for a Dynasty & yet funny enough he has not a single Passing record his first 6 seasons...

QB's like Marino & Montanna & Kelly & Elways etc..known for their passing ability & talent you knew could get you 7 when you need it & under the worst pressure...and you know as well as I do...Tom Brady's reputation was a "Dink & Dunker" and had horrible accuracy throwing downfield...

What Marino & Elway & Montanna were famous for from their rookie seasons & 17 years later was their great passing ability both short 7 long spreading defenses...that was not Tom Brady's strong point for the first 4-5 seasons...the last 2-3 season he has strongly improved his passing game...& you know Im right...and as you all want to use the talent level of WR's for that is simply bullshit...even now with Randy Moss wide open downfield he has thrown some extremely uncatchable balls that Moss had to fight for...but he has improved greatly & is on his way...finally...

5] I always thought Tom Brady did a great job coming off the bench right from his 3rd or 4th game...he showed me he was a smart QB...and he was also coached well & now he is as solid as they come...like Warner, Manning, Palmer etc...

Dolphin22 on 01-08-2008 at 12:56 AM said:
..the last 2-3 season he has strongly improved his passing game...& you know Im right...and as you all want to use the talent level of WR's for that is simply bullshit...even now with Randy Moss wide open downfield he has thrown some extremely uncatchable balls that Moss had to fight for...but he has improved greatly & is on his way...finally...

5] I always thought Tom Brady did a great job coming off the bench right from his 3rd or 4th game...he showed me he was a smart QB...and he was also coached well & now he is as solid as they come...like Warner, Manning, Palmer etc...

OMG!! Tis is a great post. I never thought I would see you pay Brady any kind of compliment.
Yes, Brady's passing has improved since his first 2 to 3 years. Partly because his receiving corps has improved. The better the receiver, the larger the "window" or margin of error you have on deep passes.
Joe Montana was NEVER know for his deep passing...in fact just the opposite, he had a weak arm.....but I understand your point.
I sometimes question your intelligence because you throw out things like how Brady only leads the team to winning field goals...and imply that he can't get them in the end zone if needed. That's just stupid.
And you imply that for some reason, Brady's TD's are mostly from short yardage, and that somehow makes him a lesser QB. I would point out that "big play" TD's are as much or more a product of the receiver's talent....but short yardage passes for TD's are a difficult task, given the limited field to protect and the added pressure on the pocket. This is why most teams try to run it in there. To have a lot of short passes for TD's is actually as legitimate or even moreso than long TD passes.

Still, with all that, it warms my heart to see D22 post some nice things about Brady!:thumb:

Hey D22, here's an interesting poll for you......funny......I don't see Marino on this poll......must be another Kraft conspiracy...he owns AOL, too, apparently.....

http://sports.aol.com/nfl

And here is a related article...fascinating....

http://sports.aol.com/voices/armstr...ke-best-quarterback-ever/20080104143809990001

...interesting excerpts from the article....you could learn something here, D22.....

"Forget the stats. You can’t always trust numbers in the NFL. If you could, Vinny Testaverde and Dave Krieg would be considered two of the greatest quarterbacks ever."

"This isn’t Major League Baseball, where the best player always has the best numbers, but doesn’t always win. (Good morning, A-Rod.) In the NFL, it’s just the opposite: The best player usually doesn’t have the best stats, but almost always wins.

That’s why, in the end, it can’t be about numbers. It’s more about a feeling. In the form of a question, it would read something like this: If your season, your life or your bank account depended on winning a game, which quarterback would you want taking the snaps?

With one Super Bowl victory, Manning can’t be in that discussion. Frankly, Montana always has been the choice here, but now I’m not so sure. And that’s with Brady standing on the cusp of his fourth Super Bowl, which would match Joe Cool’s jewelry collection."

Baron I have posted many over 1.5 years positive good things about Brady...& mostly honest...hes a top 10 QB...end of story...

my downing Brady isn't on him, its about him not being as good as the great ones...the way you fans & the NFL want to crown him as...hes not even the best QB this year in my book...tied with Favre, Manning , Romo and even Big Ben are having QB seasons as good as Brady..

No matter what you all want to think or percieve Brady as,... just be honest about it...its not about stats but all the sudden they mean everything now because he finally has them ???

Manning the last 3 season has won playoff games, won his division & by the way is 10 times tougher division than the AFC East, has won a SuperBowl and also lead the NFL in QB rating the last 3 seasons...

So now you tell me what exactly makes Brady better than him ?...3 Rings is not the answer... the answer is "NOTHING".

Don't you find it strange that with what I just told you & 3+ years of that great consistancy on top of the game in every single aspect and hes the defending champ, but Peyton Manning still doesn't recieve not a 1/16th the positive press & media hype & preferential treatment Brady does...

And Tom Brady his last 2 seasons lost 11 of 16 competitive games & in 3 of his last 4 palyoff games he had 4 TDs - 7 UNT's and had a horrible under 50% rating & lost badly...

Now how you all can't see this ball washing & creating a Star in this big business of the NFL run by Brady's owner...than youi my friends are blind & lieing to yourselves

Dolphin22 on 01-08-2008 at 10:17 AM said:

my downing Brady isn't on him, its about him not being as good as the great ones...the way you fans & the NFL want to crown him as...hes not even the best QB this year in my book...tied with Favre, Manning , Romo and even Big Ben are having QB seasons as good as Brady..

I can see Mercury Morris got you some 'stuff'...

Brady was better than these guys hands down...

I know you like to flip flop so I'll cover the D22 catergories for greatness...

Brady set records and won games - other than that he did nothing..

Tell me what the other qb's you mentioned did better than brady?

You like to use qb rating to show Brady isn't the best qb...

Here's the 2007 qb rating's

Brady - 117.2

Favre - 95.7

Romo - 97.4

Manning - 98.0

Big Ben - 104.1

Using YOUR criteria for a season Brady WAS the best..

Baron I have posted many over 1.5 years positive good things about Brady...& mostly honest...hes a top 10 QB...end of story...

No matter what you all want to think or percieve Brady as,... just be honest about it...its not about stats but all the sudden they mean everything now because he finally has them ???

Manning the last 3 season has won playoff games, won his division & by the way is 10 times tougher division than the AFC East, has won a SuperBowl and also lead the NFL in QB rating the last 3 seasons...

So now you tell me what exactly makes Brady better than him ?...3 Rings is not the answer... the answer is "NOTHING".

Don't you find it strange that with what I just told you & 3+ years of that great consistancy on top of the game in every single aspect and hes the defending champ, but Peyton Manning still doesn't recieve not a 1/16th the positive press & media hype & preferential treatment Brady does...

And Tom Brady his last 2 seasons lost 11 of 16 competitive games & in 3 of his last 4 palyoff games he had 4 TDs - 7 UNT's and had a horrible under 50% rating & lost badly...

Now how you all can't see this ball washing & creating a Star in this big business of the NFL run by Brady's owner...than youi my friends are blind & lieing to yourselves

All those QB's had very good years, but to say they were as good as Brady this year is just stupid. You can bitch all you want...it's just stupid.

The only reason the "Stats suddenly mean everything" is because that has been your mantra, your bible, your bread and butter. Now that he has them, you want to dismiss them.

Manning is a great QB....but to equate him with Brady for "tough games" is foolish.
Manning has played 13 playoff games....7 TD's in 13 games...6 INT's......his record is 7-6.
Brady has played 14 games...a very similar body of work for comparison.....20TD's, 9 INT's....his record is 12-2.
In what universe does this make Manning a "better" QB?

No, I don't find it strange that Brady gets more press....he is the best there is. Maybe the best ever. Of course he is going to get the press........as if Manning didn't get ballwashed enough from 99 to 2004.......

"Lost 11 of 16 competitive games"???? What, as the stats for your arguments slip through your fingers, you are just going to start making some up? What, did you just pick the 11 worst games from 05 and 06 ...add a couple of wins...and sayt "Look, they lost 11 of 16 competitive games!" Do you know how stupid you sound with stuff like this?
Should I pick Marino's worst 20 games of his career, add the stats, and say "See, he sucked when he faced good teams."?
This kind of stuff doesn't even deserve a response, but there it is.

Don't you know the media kisses ass and overhypes whomever is hot? Was it a conspiracy when they were hyping Manning for 5 years? Was it a conspriacy when they hyped "The Greatest Show on Earth" for 3 years straight?
When the Pats played in SB36, I watched the pregame shows all day...approximately 11 hours of football talk. Do you know how much they covered the Pats in that time? They had a single 10 minute spot they played 3 times..for a total of 30 minutes. The spot wasn't even football oriented, it was about Joe Andruzzi's brother who was a 9/11 Fireman.

Don't give me this juvenile bull about media coverage conspiracies. The media has not changed one bit in 20 years.

D22, let me ask you this. Do you value the opinion of Jerry Rice and does he have a reason to not tell the truth about who he thinks are the best qbs ever?

...hes not even the best QB this year in my book...tied with Favre, Manning , Romo and even Big Ben are having QB seasons as good as Brady..

Haven't you stated the exact oppo lately?

You really think that brady didn't have a better season than the names above or any other QB?

This is why you have zero credibility when posting your thoughts. You can't be taken seriously.

Therick67* on 01-08-2008 at 10:33 AM said:

Tell me what the other qb's you mentioned did better than brady?
Using YOUR criteria for a season Brady WAS the best..

Im not saying Brady isn't the best this year ...as I said many times if you knew how to read...How many times have I posted 1 great passing season for Brady doesn't crown him the greatest QB of All time ? and niether do team SB wins...

And even when Brady's QB rating was lower than other QB's the 1st 6 seasons and he was rated between 6th-10th in the NFL, I always thought he was a top 5 QB for sure even when he was ranked 10th.

Its just Funny Therick were you saying Manning was the best QB the past 3 years when he won playoff games, SB's and had the #1 QB rating ?....of course not Brady was the best then too even though he didn't have a singlew passing record...& you dips have the nerve to call me an idiot..just typing this makes me say.."I must be an idiot to be replying to this "Nutt"

There are alot of things to take into consideration to rank & judge QB's, and yes stats are everything, is actual performance records, other than utlizing the stats just use ..He sucks, hes pretty good, or hes the best...thats how I would go if the player had no rankings for 6 years..

or 1 of the best QB's this season...of course he is...I as many people agree Favre has performed just as good as Brady & Manning without question is the best QB the NFL has seen the past 10 years.

If Manning had Moss & flung 6-7 "Hail Moss" jump passes he would be undefeated & have 50+ TD passes...thats a fact & nobody but you & Patriot lovers will deny that.

Manning doesn't throw jump balls to Harrison or Wayne,,,Peddington did & Cullpepper did with Moss & also lead the league & a record most points in a season...thats not a coincidence...its a play you can have in your playbook wqith Randy Moss & no other WR in NFL History that has his height & jumping advantage

Dolphin22 on 01-08-2008 at 02:00 PM said:
Im not saying Brady isn't the best this year ...as I said many times if you knew how to read...

Um, you said in a post in THIS thread - 'hes not even the best QB this year in my book"

Talk about constantly contradicting yourself....

Its just Funny Therick were you saying Manning was the best QB the past 3 years when he won playoff games, SB's and had the #1 QB rating ?....of course not Brady was the best then too even though he didn't have a singlew passing record...& you dips have the nerve to call me an idiot..just typing this makes me say.."I must be an idiot to be replying to this "Nutt"

I don't know what your talking about here:shrug:

Baron Samedi on 01-08-2008 at 11:23 AM said:
1]
Don't give me this juvenile bull about media coverage conspiracies. The media has not changed one bit in 20 years.

1] when you have 5 QB's inside 3.0 for completion percentage you can crown them 1 thru 5 ... but is it that true, even that doesn't dictate 1 over the other when there a point away... That has always been my argument...

In a pissed off post or sarcastic I may have written Marino is the greatest of All time...but my belief has always been from when i was a kid till now...that there are many great QB's with talents in diffrerant areas & get the same results...

Count my posts whenever I mention & name the QB great ones...I never put the same QB 1st all the time especially Marino, and I always mention his competition, Kelly, Elway, Montanna, Fouts in the same exact greatness etc...

because I have great respect for this game, its players & especially its history...unlike Patriot nation from their fan base to their players to the head coach & especially their Owner have absolutley "Zero" respect for the NFL or its History...

Baron what you & all these assholes in here don't get...with all due respect to you...its you dipshits that make all of this an issue, I never had a problem saying tom Brady is a great QB even in the 6 years he was a dink & dunker & has not 1 single passing record...but you all have to shove down everybodies throat that not only hes the greatest in the NFL, but even of All Time...

and that is nothing but a Joke,,,I sympathize a little because as I have proven, the NFL & Bob Kraft have been marketing Brady & is also promoting him & egging the dippies on with alot of nonsense & crap.

Therick67* on 01-08-2008 at 02:07 PM said:
Um, you said in a post in THIS thread - 'hes not even the best QB this year in my book"

It's redundant now but, oh what the hell.....

OWNED

CleatMarks on 01-08-2008 at 11:28 AM said:
D22, let me ask you this. Do you value the opinion of Jerry Rice and does he have a reason to not tell the truth about who he thinks are the best qbs ever?

Everybodies oppinion is just that... you all seem to only respect oppinions when they favor your argument. Whats the truth, he has a close relationship with Montanna ?

Can Rice even make a valid fair argument unless Marino spent 10 years building a bond on the field with him too?

What is ...is.!!!! Stop whining about how great Brady is...try and enjoy what he has done for your franchise & be proud he is even mentioned among the greatest QB's that built this game for him.

Heres how I see it...

Dan Marino

Theres a reason why Marino is noticed in the Hall of Fame as the "The Most Prolific pure Passing QB in History"...because he is...and its not only his records or stats that are responsable for his recognition, ask every single defense that battled him in 17 seasons that had no answer to his passing game because his accuracy & arm were the best the game has ever seen.

Joe Montanna

Wasn't called "The Master" for nothing, he controled the whole game when he was on a field, Nobody could manage a game like Joe M. He brought to the game of football complete organized and precise executed offense like no other offense in the History of football. Unlike Dan Marino passing game, Joe utilized the whole offensive team & had the talent to do it.

John Elway

"Mr. Excitment" if you are in the mood for a great football game, watch the Denver Broncos & John Elway make the most exciting plays you'll ever see a QB pull off, John Elway made things happen when most other QB's would lose yards, take a sack or just throw the ball away on a busted play, John would be making a highlight film for his HOF ceremony..his abilty to move around in the pocket was incredible & he was always a threat running the ball with toughness, Defenses feared him like no other...

My point is no way have I ever even considered saying Marino is better than Montanna, or Elway is better than marino...they are all Icons...and all have brought something great to this game that QB's have built off of.

I have had arguments & discussions about Montanna vs Marino...whos the greatest..& they are both great in there ways..and i will always stick to my argument...

Marino was the greatest passing QB of All Time...But Montanna had other great qualities Marino & Elway didn't have...Elway was more of a threat than both of them with his arm, confidense & running ability...

So why don't you pass the word to Patriot Nation to try real hard & stop disrespecting the greatest QBs, coaches, players & teams just to put the Patriots on top were they certainly don't belong..

as #22 Mercury Morris put it...we will welcome you to our neigborhood when you get their....

I think we'll just burn down the neighborhood and piss all over the ashes thank you very much

Im not saying Brady isn't the best this year ..

Originally posted by Dolphin22 on 01-08-2008 at 10:17 AM
...hes not even the best QB this year in my book...

Try and keep your fvcking bullshit straight. You're so goddamn full of it that you can't keep it from coming out both sides of your mouth.

Therick67* on 01-08-2008 at 02:07 PM said:

Nevermind this thread, he said it TODAY.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Fully* Tilted* on 01-08-2008 at 03:36 PM said:
Nevermind this thread, he said it TODAY.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Dumb dumb posted those less than 4 hours apartROFL

Back