Tom Brady/Tampa Off-season thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS I called him out on last few years of disappointing Draft classes. I really got aggravated . When he choose to completely ignore WR & QB in the Draft.
You have been non stop negative on him. For not keeping him in NE. Which you have admitted on here. It didn't matter Brady got everything he wanted. Including another ring in TB.
Was it smart of him to let Brady go with no viable Qb to play for us?

It was a smart move by both sides . Patriots didn't have cap space. They would have needed to restructure & cut players . Brady joined Peyton Manning. As only QB's to Win a SB with 2 different teams.
It was terrible by Bill. We torpedoed our season last year with broken Cam and then brought him back again. Now we have to hope Jones can develop at rocket speed instead of having Brady carrying things while he takes his time to develop.

I keep telling you this over and over. My frustration is not just that Brady didn't stay, it's that we let him go with no succession plan.We let the Goat walk with no one behind him. How can you not be irate at Bill for that as a Patriot fan?

Was it smart of him to let Brady go with no viable Qb to play for us?
Yes it was clear both sides. Wanted it to happen. Patriots had cap issues. Decided to Tag Thueny & resign a few players. Brady got everything he wanted in TB. Joining Peyton Manning as only QBs. To win a SB with 2 different teams.

Yes it was clear both sides. Wanted it to happen. Patriots had cap issues. Decided to Tag Thueny & resign a few players. Brady got everything he wanted in TB. Joining Peyton Manning as only QBs. To win a SB with 2 different teams.
You do realize they could have taken that money they gave to Thuney and paid Brady, right? Or they could have easily structured his contract into the following seasons like every other team does with its star QBs. Look at KC. They just pushed Mahomes contract again to free up space. Saints did it for years with Brees as well. Bill is a master capologist. He could have easily made it work at $25 mil a year. Brady was not asking for the moon.

You do realize they could have taken that money they gave to Thuney and paid Brady, right? Or they could have easily structured his contract into the following seasons like every other team does with its star QBs. Look at KC. They just pushed Mahomes contract again to free up space. Saints did it for years with Brees as well. Bill is a master capologist. He could have easily made it work at $25 mil a year. Brady was not asking for the moon.
Brady also wanted to move on. It was clear he wasn't happy his final year in NE. As for gronk he retired due to injuries. We didn't have any production since he left .
I was pissed that BB didn't address. QB or WR in the draft . Stidham was his succession plan. Until Cam signed that 1 mill contract. You can celebrate that being one of BB failures.

Last edited:

Yeah, no. As King said, Bill didn't want him and Brady had a hair across his ass for whatever reasons. It was apparent to anyone with open eyes.

The divorce was necessary and after 1 down year things are looking promising again cuz Bill is the GOAT. Who would you prefer running the show?

Brady also wanted to move on. It was clear he wasn't happy his final year in NE. As for gronk he retired due to injuries. We didn't have any production since he left .
I was pissed that BB didn't address. QB or WR in the draft . Stidham was his succession plan. Until Cam signed that 1 mill contract. You can celebrate that being one of BB failures.
Brady didn't want to move on. He wanted a multi-year deal in 17, 18, 19. Bill said no. Go year to year. And he did this with zero at the Qb position.

Yes, Stidham was an epic failure.

Yeah, no. As King said, Bill didn't want him and Brady had a hair across his ass for whatever reasons. It was apparent to anyone with open eyes.

The divorce was necessary and after 1 down year things are looking promising again cuz Bill is the GOAT. Who would you prefer running the show?
She wants the same guy who runs the show in Tampa - Tompa Boy.

I like Brady opening up in interviews & social media . He's having Fun & enjoying his remaining time in the NFL. Has nothing left to prove in NFL.

Last edited:
I’ll stick to the same story Bill does run the show Brady was done listening to Bill. Simple really and decided to leave I’m ok with that it was his choice to leave period end of discussion...

He chose Tampa bay good for him ... now he plays for a team not named the Patriots that was his choice. This isn’t brain surgery it’s not even even close.

Im fine as are most as a Patriot fans with it, some Brady fans aren’t easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I don’t hate Brady nor do I hate BB I’m a Patriot fan period. I wished Brady stayed but he didn’t his choice I wish him well I’m glad he won but once again I’m a Patriot fan....this isn't hard really as I’ve stated before I never understood the whole Patton Manning thing as well...so move on.

~Dee~

I’ll stick to the same story Bill does run the show Brady was done listening to Bill. Simple really and decided to leave I’m ok with that it was his choice to leave period end of discussion...

He chose Tampa bay good for him ... now he plays for a team not named the Patriots that was his choice. This isn’t brain surgery it’s not even even close.

Im fine as are most as a Patriot fans with it, some Brady fans aren’t easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I don’t hate Brady nor do I hate BB I’m a Patriot fan period. I wished Brady stayed but he didn’t his choice I wish him well I’m glad he won but once again I’m a Patriot fan....this isn't hard really as I’ve stated before I never understood the whole Patton Manning thing as well...so move o
You nailed it. His fans Never wanted him to leave. They will keep taking it out on the person responsible. I wish Brady the best. Except when he comes to Back to Mass.

Last edited:
You nailed it. Brady got what he wanted his fans . Never wanted him to leave. They will keep taking it out on the person responsible. I wish Brady the best. Except when he comes to Back to Mass.
Absolutely I won’t be hoping for a Brady win that day ....I will be cheering on the Patriots win lose or draw.

~Dee~

You nailed it. His fans Never wanted him to leave. They will keep taking it out on the person responsible. I wish Brady the best. Except when he comes to Back to Mass.
And many, not all, but many of his fans who never wanted him to leave were never Patriot fans first. They were Brady fans first. And they're not Buc fans first now, they're still primarily Brady fans. When he retires, many of them will move on to woodworking, watching rodeo, checkers and/or whatever else they liked before their heart throb came upon the scene.

And many, not all, but many of his fans who never wanted him to leave were never Patriot fans first. They were Brady fans first. And they're not Buc fans first now, they're still primarily Brady fans. When he retires, many of them will move on to woodworking, watching rodeo, checkers and/or whatever else they liked before their heart throb came upon the scene.

Or maybe they'll be founders of the TB12 church. :coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back