Trowbridge Tavern of Awesomeness and Jaguars

Sold.

He's a helluvan explosive edge rusher. If he ever develops the ability to set an edge against the run, take on a block, or maintain any sort of lane discipline he'll be a weapon, and there have been some signs of that.

At the moment he's hard to get on the field except in the most obvious passing downs.
Obvious passing downs is what the Jags are after right now. Someone to put opposite of Josh Allen. Trayvon is decent but I think they would move him inside on passing downs if they trade for someone.

Obvious passing downs is what the Jags are after right now. Someone to put opposite of Josh Allen. Trayvon is decent but I think they would move him inside on passing downs if they trade for someone.

If I remember correctly he had 11 sacks last year playing only approx. 30% of defensive snaps.

To put it in perspective, Matt Judon has repeatedly told the beat writers stuff like "I keep telling you, I'm not even the best pass rusher on the team!" Uche is bendy and twitchy, and has a very nice collection of pass rush tools at his disposal. He gets outsmarted in pass rush sometimes, will give up more than I like, loses lane discipline, and doesn't seem to use moves/techniques on some plays to set up his OLman for later, more critical plays. His sacks tend to come in bunches when he mentally dominates a lesser OL in a given game, but he disappears against more talented and experienced OL. If he ever gets the mental part of the game, he could be special off the edge, though I don't see him as ever developing into more than below average at run support.

I'd prefer the Patriots not spend what it will take to sign him, and a 2 and 3 next year is better than the max of a comp 3rd two years out, and more realistically better than comp-nothing (with all our cap room this offseason I don't expect to be earning comp picks for guys that walk).

All the names linked to Jags currently. Uche, Chase Young, Sweat and for some reason still Hunter. I just don't see the Vikings giving Hunter up now after they beat the 9ers Monday.

All the names linked to Jags currently. Uche, Chase Young, Sweat and for some reason still Hunter. I just don't see the Vikings giving Hunter up now after they beat the 9ers Monday.
Well, it would be super helpful if the Balls traded both Young and Sweat (and the team generally has thrown in the towel) before the Patriots face them!

Young is talented, but, gets injured a lot
To be fair, so does Uche. and he's not a liability against the run like Uche is.

That said, if Jacksonville's offering a 2nd and 3rd for him, it's a no-brainer, especially with White ready to take his place.

Just speculation and Rumors at this point.
Uche officially downgraded to out for the game tomorrow. He's being traded. The earlier thought of a 2nd and 3rd looks like that was for Chase Young not Uche not sure what compensation will be fore Uche.

Uche officially downgraded to out for the game tomorrow. He's being traded. The earlier thought of a 2nd and 3rd looks like that was for Chase Young not Uche not sure what compensation will be fore Uche.
Might as well…BB needs to pick a few more UDFA safeties in the 2nd round. :coffee:

okay, Chase Young for a 3rd, Montez Sweat for a 2nd. Redskins are loading up for the draft, and likely the only reason Jonathan Allen is still here is because they couldn't get a deal done in time.

okay, Chase Young for a 3rd, Montez Sweat for a 2nd. Redskins are loading up for the draft, and likely the only reason Jonathan Allen is still here is because they couldn't get a deal done in time.
Well that and he's not on a rookie contract.

Back