True fan confessions

I was hockey nut in my youth but became a Cowboys fan when I started following football. Then I realized NE had a team, watching them get destroyed by the '86 Bears sucked but I don't think anyone would have beat them that year.

I have not rewatched the 07 game either. I would still trade that game for one of the others. 2018 seems good.

In the 80s, I was also a Giants fan, as my father was from NY and was a fan going way way back. So while I was also a Patriots fan, I watched and rooted for the Giants as well. I am still very familiar with the personnel on that mid to late 80s team.

Once Rod Rust ruined both the Patriots and the Giants, I stopped following them. Things were looking much better here with Dick MacPherson.
Agree, but imo pick one besides 2018. I love the Pats when the defense is crushing the enemy. IMO, it was awesome.

Cheers

I was hockey nut in my youth but became a Cowboys fan when I started following football. Then I realized NE had a team, watching them get destroyed by the '86 Bears sucked but I don't think anyone would have beat them that year.
When I was really young between the ages zero and nine I used to root for the Cowboys. Roger Staubach was my hero. Then around 1976 the patriots became a relevant team and I was heartbroken when we get ass fucked by the refs. I was hooked on the patriot since then. My dream Super Bowl is Cowboys Patriots.

I was going to comment in the 36 years ago thread but was afraid of the outrage that it might cause but this seems like a safe enough thread to do it. :ROFLMAO: In 86 I was 10 years old and I rooted for...the Bears in that Super Bowl. At the time I really didn't have a favorite team and when 10 year old me witnessed the Super Bowl Shuffle I had no choice but to cheer for them.

I was in Orlando for a guys golf trip. We watched the 07 SB in a pub in Celebration FL surrounded by fricken' Gints fans. :punchballs:

Then I doubled down and WENT to the SB in Indy in 2012. :punchballs::punchballs:

Lesson: I need to watch ALL Patriot's SB's in my living room.
I got a Brady jersey as a gift around 2005 or so. I wore it twice.... day of the 07 SB and the day of the 2012 SB.... never wore it again.
TBH - I am not type to get the QB's jersey. I'd have liked a Bruschi or Rodney or even Troy Brown, but wife bought it as a gift "from the kids" and didn't know any better :)

I admire and respect Peyton Manning and the consistent defensive excellence and attitude that the Ravens brought to the field during the first decade of our run. I loved the 2000 Ravens team. I wanted the Patriots to be built in that image of a brutal, smart defense, a dominant running game, and a smart, consistent QB who could get you what you needed.

(I assume I don't need to follow up with how much I loved that 2004 Pats team?)

While I loved Moss (from his rookie year), I hated cheering for that 2007 team - I just didn't like that brand of football. I'm still not a huge fan of it.

I first started following the LA Rams. Loved their white and blue helmets. Roman Gabriel and Jack Snow were my favorites.

Back