OT Obinna Eze TCU
IOL Donovan West AZ St.
DL LaBryan Ray Bama
DL Chris Hinton Mich
LB Chris Allen Bama
CB Josh Jobe Bama
S Smoke Monday AU
Got 'im.

Also, WR Ross is interesting, as I wonder if he's still just working his way back from injury. If so, and if his athleticism continues to creep back, he could be an interesting addition. He was once considered a near lock to be a 1st rounder.

Since I haven't seen a full list of our signees (though I might have missed it):
  • QB/WR D'Eriq King, Miami
  • C Kody Russey, Houston
  • IOL Liam Shanahan, LSU
  • DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama
  • LB DaMarcus Mitchell, Purdue
  • S Brenden Schooler, Texas
  • P Jake Julien, Eastern Michigan

I like Ray and was hoping they'd sign him.
King is exciting, but he's definitely a redshirt, as he needs to learn the position. I was shocked by how bad his combine numbers were vs the electricity I saw on the field, and I'm not sure what to make of that. But by all accounts he's a "hardest worker in the room" type, a 3x captain, and knows the game to the point where his scouting reports talk about a potential coaching career. Might be useful on the practice squad to prep for opposing gadget players, and who know? We've had some luck with dedicated, heady, sudden QB-turned-WR types in the past.

Since I haven't seen a full list of our signees (though I might have missed it):
  • QB/WR D'Eriq King, Miami
  • C Kody Russey, Houston
  • IOL Liam Shanahan, LSU
  • DL LaBryan Ray, Alabama
  • LB DaMarcus Mitchell, Purdue
  • S Brenden Schooler, Texas
  • P Jake Julien, Eastern Michigan

I like Ray and was hoping they'd sign him.
King is exciting, but he's definitely a redshirt, as he needs to learn the position. I was shocked by how bad his combine numbers were vs the electricity I saw on the field, and I'm not sure what to make of that. But by all accounts he's a "hardest worker in the room" type, a 3x captain, and knows the game to the point where his scouting reports talk about a potential coaching career. Might be useful on the practice squad to prep for opposing gadget players, and who know? We've had some luck with dedicated, heady, sudden QB-turned-WR types in the past.

I always thought King was a really bad QB watching live, but was surprised to see that his passing stats were much better than expected. I couldn't agree more about the numbers versus
watching him live. He looked to the eye to be a fast and excellent runner who was a problem to defend. Maybe he was nursing an injury but felt he had to give it a go to have a chance.

On paper, he's got no chance to stick, but I wouldn't bet real money on that.

Back