Van Pelt on Bill

This is a similar situation to Bill Walsh/Montana. Montana left and they still had success post Montana.

I don't think we are close to being there yet. Young was a HoF, two time league MVP and won a SB. Bill has not won a playoff game in NE yet without Brady or even made the playoffs for that matter. I am hopeful he can do it but in this era with cap/FA and the amount of responsibility on the QB to carry the team and cover weaknesses, I do not think it is likely that we see a Montana/Young repeat. I would love it though if it happened and the haters would have to put up with the Pats being great for another 10-15 years. :toast:

This is a similar situation to Bill Walsh/Montana. Montana left and they still had success post Montana.

Seifert was the coach for Montana's 4th ring and coached Young during his best years.

Seifert was the coach for Montana's 4th ring and coached Young during his best years.

Also Favre/Rodgers... :coffee:

I didn't say the comps were exact. I said similar...

And, it's also possible that McD (or Patricia?) takes over eventually...the head coaching part anyway...

I don't think we are close to being there yet. Young was a HoF, two time league MVP and won a SB. Bill has not won a playoff game in NE yet without Brady or even made the playoffs for that matter. I am hopeful he can do it but in this era with cap/FA and the amount of responsibility on the QB to carry the team and cover weaknesses, I do not think it is likely that we see a Montana/Young repeat. I would love it though if it happened and the haters would have to put up with the Pats being great for another 10-15 years. :toast:

It's getting closer all of the time though...Brady isn't going to play forever.

And yes, another 10-15 years would be absolutely ah/sum! :toast:

I think we are getting ahead of ourselves a bit, lets actually wait until Brady retires or leaves the patriots and we actually make the playoffs without him. Its a bit soon after 3 games to call it montana young.

Back