Van Pelt on Bill

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
<iframe src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=17623676&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

Not bad.

Note: it's an ESPN click.

Cheers

Nice. I get pissed when people try to take anything away from BB or brady for having each other, is it really hard to believe that they are both all time?

The Van Pelt video was very good but the 1 that comes after his made me want to throw rocks at my iMac. I won't spoil it for you but it's worth seeing and hearing what some idiots are saying about Brady now that JG and JB and even Cassell did well in our "system".

I also want to say I think BB has been getting better the last 3 years as a coach (and GM). The job he's done from 2014-now has been spectacular (with the exception of Miami last year). It's as if he's been rejuvenated or re-inspired. Idk why, maybe deflategate, but BB has raised his own level of greatness to dizzying heights. I'm just glad I am and have been a Patriots fan since the early '70s for this long ride. :patriotlogo:

Didn't watch due to BSPN boycott but from what you say it's astonishing they'd paint the Pats in even a slightly positive way.

The "system" argument is really very silly.

When someone I know speaks to it I usually shut them up with the following:

Belichick is the greatest HC of all time. Brady is the greatest QB of all time. When you pair the two of them together, you get the greatest "system" of all time.

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

If having to choose between BB or Brady...it's a no brainer. BB 100% of the time.
If only because the likelihood of having the services of BB for a longer period of time is much greater.

The Van Pelt video was very good but the 1 that comes after his made me want to throw rocks at my iMac. I won't spoil it for you but it's worth seeing and hearing what some idiots are saying about Brady now that JG and JB and even Cassell did well in our "system".

I also want to say I think BB has been getting better the last 3 years as a coach (and GM). The job he's done from 2014-now has been spectacular (with the exception of Miami last year). It's as if he's been rejuvenated or re-inspired. Idk why, maybe deflategate, but BB has raised his own level of greatness to dizzying heights. I'm just glad I am and have been a Patriots fan since the early '70s for this long ride. :patriotlogo:

I remember BB on the sidelines in NO against the Saints in 2009 and he was lamenting, with Tom who was standing beside him how he can't get the team to do what he wants them to do and how they're just not tough enough. It was shown in one of the NFLN programs on the Patriots with BB miked up. This was 2009 where the season ended with that game against the Ravens in the WC round in Gillette.

Things were bad then. We have a bad defense with guys like Banta-Cain and Guyton and a terrible secondary and our only real offensive weapons were Moss who was in decline and Welker.

I think BB saw that a real change was needed and the next season was when Gronk and AH were drafted, Moss left and BB started a very slow rebuild of the defense. It was really in 2012 that you could see the genesis of the defense today.

BB is not conservative at all which is what makes him a GOAT. He's willing to tear up the script and start all over again not just relying on the things that brought him success early on.

The system argument is stupid

These other QBs may come in and win games, but the Patriots aren't winning the SB without Brady. They may have went 11-5 with Cassel that year, but no playoffs. Unless JimmyG takes the Patriots the distance in the near future, that argument doesn't hold any water.

How do some of these morons make their living analyzing football.

Newsflash - THERE IS NO SYSTEM HERE.

Like no other team, the Patriots will morph themselves to put their players in the best position to win. If that means running the first 25 snaps, then they will run. If it means passing on every down, they will. If it means going deep to Randy Moss, they will. Go two tight ends and shove the ball up someone's ass, they will. Stop that and break out the screen game, boom.

Belichick's greatness is in his ability to morph his teams personality.
Brady's greatness is in his ability to be morphed and work with whatever talent surrounds him.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Seriously, anyone who says "THE SYSTEM" when talking about the Patriots should be asked.... Describe that system..... So we can listen to them stammer.

How do some of these morons make their living analyzing football.

Newsflash - THERE IS NO SYSTEM HERE.

Like no other team, the Patriots will morph themselves to put their players in the best position to win. If that means running the first 25 snaps, then they will run. If it means passing on every down, they will. If it means going deep to Randy Moss, they will. Go two tight ends and shove the ball up someone's ass, they will. Stop that and break out the screen game, boom.

Belichick's greatness is in his ability to morph his teams personality.
Brady's greatness is in his ability to be morphed and work with whatever talent surrounds him.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Seriously, anyone who says "THE SYSTEM" when talking about the Patriots should be asked.... Describe that system..... So we can listen to them stammer.

What? You never heard of the morphing system?

Cheers, BostonTim

Nice. I get pissed when people try to take anything away from BB or brady for having each other, is it really hard to believe that they are both all time?

My favorite response to that is to always ask how many Super Bowls Walsh won with Montana and how many Knoll won without Bradshaw...the crickets are deafening.

Brady's greatness has always been tied to his post-season play. He is the best all time with the money on the table. Bill has won exactly one playoff game as a HC without Brady. If Bill is the Pats HC post Brady which I expect he will be and he is able to duplicate the post-season success than hats off to him as the super GOAT GM and HC. Most of here expect the Pats to be contenders post-Brady but whether they win championships which is the standard Brady has set is the real question. I hope they do as I am fine with Brady being the #2 GOAT and the next Pats QB being GOAT #1.

This is a similar situation to Bill Walsh/Montana. Montana left and they still had success post Montana.

Back