Vikings - Tomorrow 2/27 @ 10ET

That about nails it. She's straight out of Real Housewives of Kattegat and uses the tools she has to use to get by, although the King didn't exactly have to beg to get her to go all mega-cougar on his kid. I did notice that when she licked the hand of the Seer, she put a little oomph behind it. Old habits die hard. Speaking of the Seer, does anybody have an interpretation of his telling Jarl Borg that he'd be "an eagle"? I thought Ragnar said something about putting an eagle on his back when they were working him over, but I couldn't really make out what he said or meant.

Didn't the seer say he was the eagle? I think the way they plan to execute and display him in public has something to do with it.

That about nails it.

She's straight out of Real Housewives of Kattegat and uses the tools she has to use to get by, although the King didn't exactly have to beg to get her to go all mega-cougar on his kid.

I did notice that when she licked the hand of the Seer, she put a little oomph behind it. Old habits die hard.

Speaking of the Seer, does anybody have an interpretation of his telling Jarl Borg that he'd be "an eagle"? I thought Ragnar said something about putting an eagle on his back when they were working him over, but I couldn't really make out what he said or meant.

I think it had something to do with cutting him open so his rib cage would form the "wings" of the eagle.

I think it had something to do with cutting him open so his rib cage would form the "wings" of the eagle.

Which they did not do, I believe. He is very banged up, but alive. No?

I realize Ragnar works in mysterious ways, but this is one dangerous Norseman and I would have made sure he was dead before walking away.

I will comment that it was a shame those two didn't ever get to go head-to-head during the battle two weeks ago. They probably would've if Borg didn't run away, but he appears to be a good match for our boy in the fighting skills category and is a badass with the double axes. Or was.

Which they did not do, I believe. He is very banged up, but alive. No?

I realize Ragnar works in mysterious ways, but this is one dangerous Norseman and I would have made sure he was dead before walking away.

I will comment that it was a shame those two didn't ever get to go head-to-head during the battle two weeks ago. They probably would've if Borg didn't run away, but he appears to be a good match for our boy in the fighting skills category and is a badass with the double axes. Or was.

I thought they said they would do it to him, so they just haven't done it yet..

Wiki has an explanation of the "Blood Eagle" and I don't think Borg is walking away from it.

The blood eagle was a method of torture and execution that is sometimes mentioned in Nordic saga legends. It was performed by cutting the ribs of the victim by the spine, breaking the ribs so they resembled blood-stained wings, and pulling the lungs out through the wounds in the victim's back. Salt was sprinkled in the wounds.

I thought they said they would do it to him, so they just haven't done it yet..

Wiki has an explanation of the "Blood Eagle" and I don't think Borg is walking away from it.

Not a bad theory, thanks.

That's the kind of barbarian brutality you just don't see every day. Thank God. It's about as sick as anything I've heard. I don't even know how somebody can do something that grisly without just running away screaming. You don't want to be on either end of one of those things.

Not a bad theory, thanks.

That's the kind of barbarian brutality you just don't see every day. Thank God. It's about as sick as anything I've heard. I don't even know how somebody can do something that grisly without just running away screaming. You don't want to be on either end of one of those things.

Well if you engage in hand to hand combat with sword and axe, you've probably seen some pretty grisly things. Maybe not to the extent of the blood eagle, but it does raise the floor of what's "normal" quite a bit.

Yeah, I think in hindsight, after watching the last episode, Borg was maybe second guessing his decision to take Ragnar's village.

Just a hunch.

What a great show.

And Lisa nailed it. Lagertha's an Earl (Yarl) and is now allied with Ragnar. :thumb:

How is anyone not expected to scream while getting a Blood Eagle? Those were some tough bastids!

I hope Floki and the misses are gonna be ok. I like them.

I wonder what's gonna happen with Aslaug and the baby. Give birth to a monster? Her and her damn prophecies.

After Ragnar stood in the shadows and listened to all the " snakes" hissing in his great hall. I think he gave the blood eagle a little extra somthin' somthin'.

I think the use of all the snakes in this episode was great foreshadowing of what lies ahead.

There was a lot going on in that episode that's for sure.

This show creates great imagery. The director does an excellent job of creating mood and feeling.

Possibly the most disturbing scene I've ever seen shot. Added creepiness factor in semi slo mo and the soundtrack.

That was brutality personified.

What was the deal with no crying out in pain?

I'm not a hundred percent sure what's driving Floki's rebellion, but I hope he comes to his senses. It can't end well for him on the current path.

I was a bit lost with Borg. I thought in the dungeon visits they were talking of breaking him loose.

After Ragnar stood in the shadows and listened to all the " snakes" hissing in his great hall. I think he gave the blood eagle a little extra somthin' somthin'.

I think the use of all the snakes in this episode was great foreshadowing of what lies ahead.

There was a lot going on in that episode that's for sure.

This show creates great imagery. The director does an excellent job of creating mood and feeling.

That had a bit of a Godfather vibe to it, as if Ragnar was Michael and deciding who was going to get whacked.

Possibly the most disturbing scene I've ever seen shot. Added creepiness factor in semi slo mo and the soundtrack.

That was brutality personified.

What was the deal with no crying out in pain?

That would get him into Valhalla.

Normally the way you do that was to die with a weapon in your hand. Recall the end of The 13th Warrior.

I'm not a hundred percent sure what's driving Floki's rebellion, but I hope he comes to his senses. It can't end well for him on the current path.

Floki has determined that Ragnar is only doing what's best for Ragnar, and thinks he won't have his back should push come to shove. Not sure I disagree with Floki there.

I was a bit lost with Borg. I thought in the dungeon visits they were talking of breaking him loose.

That was the King who had that discussion. I'm pretty sure that the King has decided that Ragnar is too big a threat to leave alive, and Ragnar's watching from the shadows shows he knows that.

I'm not sure what his reasons were for not taking Borg up on his offer to kill Ragnar.

I can think of two reasons.

1) He wants revenge against Wessex first and needs Ragnar to get to England. I don't think anyone else knows Ragnar's navigation trick yet (Floki and Rollo?)

2) He asked Ragnar to wait until they got a new ally and was caught out by Lageretha showing up. He didn't have time to finish setting up the attack on Ragnar.

Never saw 13th Warrior.

I like the Floki character. This show, like a lot of FX shows, doesn't seem hesitant to axe prominent roles. I think Ragnar sees Floki more brotherly. I hope the wedding snub doesn't cause too much animosity.

Ahhh. You are 100% right. The King warned it would be difficult to gain another allie if he gave Borg the Blood Eagle too soon. Lagaertha showing up unexpectedly with boats and warriors expedited the ceremony.

Good call.

I think Floki's trust in Ragnar is under a lot of strain because of the relationship Ragnar has with his Christian friend. When they go back to England this will play a major role (more like a wedge) in how things develop with Ragnar and Floki.

Floki never liked that guy anyway. Once he sees him dressed in a monks robe again.... It's gonna be on like bing-bong jack!

Yeah, I think in hindsight, after watching the last episode, Borg was maybe second guessing his decision to take Ragnar's village.

Just a hunch.

What a great show.

It is a fantastic show. Nothing is 100% believable, but this thing is easy to disappear into for a hour each week.

Yeah, I'd say Borg wished he'd toned it down a bit. I believe King Horik is talking tough while at the same time afraid he's going to end up just like him. Everybody is scared of Ragnar, except his ex.

I didn't think I could hate King assneck Horic anymore than I already did...

Fiiinally have time to catch up on this series. Going to start S2 tonight. Really looking forward to it.

They asked in the previews for this week: "Who's gonna fall?" (die in battle)

Who do you all think? My guess is King Horic. Giving Ragnar even more power.

I wonder how the Vikings chose their kings and what were the rules of succession?

I just might throw something through the TV.

Next week... Look the frig out!

Spoilers!

SPOILERS!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
When I saw Lagertha go down (in pain) in the previews my heart sunk. Then when Rollo went down and got run over by the horse I was sure he was dead. I'm glad he's alive but does anyone else think the writers are playing the "you think they're gonna die but they're just really hurt" card a bit too much? They did something similar with Athelstan when the English crucified him.

So Bjorn's girlfriend is now a free woman. I hope he pops the question next week. I like the actress and her character.

I'm a little bummed to see that Floki's probably going to be on the outs with Ragnar soon. That's usually not good for your health (see: Borg, Yarl).

The English queen or princess or whatever is quite the crazy nympho, eh? Not that there's anything wrong with that. :devil:

It's interesting how Ragnar and Lagertha don't follow King Horic's orders immediately and to the letter. Or having the autonomy to disagree with Horic or speak their minds whenever they want. I wonder if that's historically accurate? I can't see any of King Ecbert's or King Aella's lieutenants having the balls to contradict them or ordering a retreat without their OK and living to tell the tale. I would have guessed the Viking culture would have been much more authoritarian.

I sometimes get the feeling Ragnar and Floki are playing Horic to see if he'll turn on Ragnar. This wouldn't really explain why Floki's been whining about Ragnar to Helga though.

In any case I hope King Horic's ship goes down soon or something.

Back